General Election 2017

ender4

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Does she have that problem often? I mean, there must be a reason that she refuses to appear in public if it's not a heavily stage-managed affair, with screened questions, and journalists shut out. Those pesky trots are everywhere...

Schrödinger's leftie.

Both everywhere and outnumbered

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I thought May had been very cowardly not doing this but in light of the audience I don't blame her. Pretty clear the BBC decided not to try and put together a balanced group which was leftie as you like on the night.

Everyone keeps telling me the BBC aren't biased.

The audience was apparently a standard split selected from independent pollers.

Perhaps they were undecided when selected and have since gone to Labour? Or perhaps the Tories in the audience are too embarrassed by the absence of their leader to make a noise? And Labour voters feel part of a movement?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The beeb has been slowly filled with tories, from the Trust through production managers to reporters.

It shows.

• Like 2

Just now, darrenm said:

The audience was apparently a standard split selected from independent pollers.

Perhaps they were undecided when selected and have since gone to Labour? Or perhaps the Tories in the audience are too embarrassed by the absence of their leader to make a noise? And Labour voters feel part of a movement?

Not me, the BBC are institutionally left wing by their own admission - or at least 'liberal, metropolitan progressives' which is basically the same thing. 

Maybe what appeared to be an audience that was about 80% Labour is a standard split and JC is about to roll into Downing St on a wave of popular acclaim. We'll see. The BBC claimed to have a balanced audience for their EU ref debate, Farage called them out on it during the programme and was later proven right.

I'm sure Labour voters do feel like part of a movement, PIRA, Shining Path, Momentum, they all have much in common.

15 minutes ago, darrenm said:

She's probably a decent person who finds herself in a shit party and has just been thrown under the bus by May.

It's not like she thought she was going to look at some tupperwear and ended up with a blue rossete and pushed out on stage. At some point her life she made the conscious decision to join that bunch of... well we all know what they are.

• Like 2

I really don't like Farron (he seems fake, amongst other things) but his hits on Rudd and May tonight were great. 

Corbyn did well, he wins just by turning up. Looks stronger than May.

Angus Robertson, fantastic nailing of Nuttall.

Lucas did well, good hit points on Rudd.

Wood was good against Rudd.

Nuttall. *shrugs*

Edited by DK82
  • Like 2

Corbyn the messiah only needs to turn up and the crowd piss themselves in excitement. Farron needs to learn when to shut the **** up. The constant reminder that the PM hadn't turned up got a little boring after a while.

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

I thought May had been very cowardly not doing this but in light of the audience I don't blame her. Pretty clear the BBC decided not to try and put together a balanced group which was leftie as you like on the night.

Didn't they say it was put together by a polling company. I'd be very surprised if they didn't do as by the book as they could. 

You are right though that the lefty types were a lot more chipper which I thought was odd. I guess they are feeling a bit more up and righties haven't exactly had a lot to shout about except a quiet assurance they will probably win. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Judging by the number of 'kids' I've heard whilst working and how they are lining up to vote we could be in for a few shocks methinks. The tuition fees 'bribe' seems to have worked for a few as well. 

That's the thing, they talk about it, they social media about it but then they don't turn out to vote

I think the demographic with the highest turnout is over 65 and less than 1 in 4 of them vote labour

i don't think labour have done a decent job at winning people round (and the tories and royally **** up...) but I don't think they have put enough emphasis on actually voting, I'm thinking all the stupid vote or die guff in America etc I don't think actively campaigned to encourage voting enough

itll still be old people who win the vote for the tories

Let's make up some easy policies to persuade the young to vote for us like extra bank holidays and abandoning their tuition fees, and in the hope of getting in we can lower the voting age to brainwash those who are 16 too.

Just now, Warnock said:

Let's make up some easy policies to persuade the young to vote for us like extra bank holidays and abandoning their tuition fees, and in the hope of getting in we can lower the voting age to brainwash those who are 16 too.

Are you Labour or the SNP? 

Just now, Swerbs said:

Apparently Amber Rudd's father passed away on Monday, shows the level of disrespect May has for others.

Or she knows May won't be getting a long stint at the PM job and her CV looks a bit better...cynical bastard that I am

3 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Or as some might call them, progressive policies?

• Like 2

Â