• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I won’t click on a link to the Daily Mail and I’d recommend for your long term mental health you’d stay clear of that place as well.

I’m just not sure what point you are trying to make? Are you suggesting you can see Russian elite beginning to bail out and come up with their exit plan as the regime vaulters? Or are you suggesting Germany is on course with some long term slow burn Nazi strategy? Or something else?

I’d need a fair bit of convincing that Nazi ideology is alive and well in a Europe that has more immigrants now than ever in history, that is beginning to embrace gay rights and has fought wars to protect muslim populations within Europe. But I’m not sure you were suggesting that particular conspiracy theory?

What I'm saying is that in war, we don't always find out as much as we like to think we do from the authorities and officials that represent us. We are always at war, the USA has spent 93% of its history at war. 

You might think we are privy to the most advanced means to engage in warfare, or the most current and accurate inside information on offer, provided by our benevolent and impartial media outlets, whether you do or you don't, I'm saying we aren't.

Why do you think Julian Assange is in the situation he is in?

Please let's not focus on my views regarding Germany, where that country is at, and how it came to be, I don't profess to have enough information or credibility to speak for it. I was using their situation and what I have been exposed to in regards to it, to illustrate the point that we don't really know everything that's going on.

Edit: I will track down the French intelligence documents eventually. 

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Ukrainians now have a T-90

I hope they take out the autoloader and replace the ERA stacks that were filled with egg cartons before they drive it into battle..

Must be frightening to the Russians though, they must still believe that the t-90 is the proverbial bee's knees.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

What I'm saying is that in war, we don't always find out as much as we like to think we do from the authorities and officials that represent us. We are always at war, the USA has spent 93% of its history at war. 

You might think we are privy to the most advanced means to engage in warfare, or the most current and accurate inside information on offer, provided by our benevolent and impartial media outlets, whether you do or you don't, I'm saying we aren't.

Why do you think Julian Assange is in the situation he is in?

Please let's not focus on my views regarding Germany, where that country is at, and how it came to be, I don't profess to have enough information or credibility to speak for it. I was using their situation and what I have been exposed to in regards to it, to illustrate the point that we don't really know everything that's going on.

Edit: I will track down the French intelligence documents eventually. 

Oh yeah, stuff goes on in secret and we don’t know what those in positions of power and planning and what the long term aims are of the movers and shakers that have influence. The person on the street doesn’t know our true ability to fight a war until we are in that war, be it a pandemic, economic, or old fashioned bombs war. 

I mean, that’s a given. If I have access to exactly what our capabilities and weaknesses are, then I’d have to presume Iran, Russia, China, North Korea et al would also know our strengths and weaknesses. Which would be a negative.

I’m comfortable delegating responsibility via the ballot. What I’m not comfortable with, is the critical thinking abilities of lots of other voters. But its kind of the least bad option.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Awol said:

BA631D50-958F-4D7B-9EF9-1EFE1EE12ECB.jpeg

Even in the depths of the crisis, Zelensky seemed shaken but not stirred.

Edited by sidcow

Oh no, The Russians are now deploying utterly devastating, completely unstoppably laser weapons now.

The world will tremble.  Feel the power.

Imagine just how angry Putin is going to be when the Generals confess they're only actually laser pointers bought off e-bay and strapped to a plank of wood.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh no, The Russians are now deploying utterly devastating, completely unstoppably laser weapons now.

Imagine just how angry Putin is going to be when the Generals confess they're only actually laser pointers bought off e-bay and strapped to a plank of wood.

Putin is getting more like Dr Evil every day. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, choffer said:

When he starts strapping them to frickin' sharks, we are really in trouble. 

You must have missed that they actually use trained dolphins to protect the Sevastopol Naval Base (not a joke)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Mirrors, dude.

Anyway, wouldn't destruction of western satellites in orbit be tantamount to war? 

If Putin is strapping lasers to sharks we need to start equipping Octopus.

How dumb is that shark going to look with one puny laser strapped to it's nose when faced with an octopus clutching EIGHT lasers.  Totally outgunned.  Maybe a hammerhead could have 2 but the octopus is going to win out each time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

If Putin is strapping lasers to sharks we need to start equipping Octopus.

How dumb is that shark going to look with one puny laser strapped to it's nose when faced with an octopus clutching EIGHT lasers.  Totally outgunned.  Maybe a hammerhead could have 2 but the octopus is going to win out each time.

Plus, think of the manoeuvrability, and the superior intelligence and stealth capability of the octopi. Not even a fair fight. And to think, we've been using them to predict the outcome of World Cup games. Shocking waste of talent.  

• Haha 1

In true Dr Evil style.  

Russia has a new laser that was developed by notable US scientist Professor Parsons.  

It was his lifelong project.  

The West will tremble when it hears the Alan Parson's Project. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Haha 2

One of the Russia Official Twitter sites has said that it has evidence that US and UK are covertly passing intelligence to Ukraine to frustrate the Special Military Operation.  

That's simply not true.  

It's not even slightly covert. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â