Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Supposedly he was in IT so needed a high enough level of clearance to manage the servers. 

wow did he ever get an IT job and a high clearence level with a brain like that ?!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Supposedly he was in IT so needed a high enough level of clearance to manage the servers. 

For something that sensitive no 21 year old should ever be able to get that level of clearance.

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The US is a bit weird when it comes to access to classified stuff. Certainly different to the UK. Here it's all very limited to who needs to know and access is very tightly controlled. In the US, and you'd think they'd have learnt after all the Wikileaks stuff, if you've got clearance to the necessary level, you've pretty much got access to a huge range of stuff that you don't really have a need to know, to do your job.

I guess that'll change.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I guess that'll change.

Yeah, like gun control will obviously change because of all these mass shootings. They're famed for learning. 

4 hours ago, blandy said:

The US is a bit weird when it comes to access to classified stuff. Certainly different to the UK. Here it's all very limited to who needs to know and access is very tightly controlled. In the US, and you'd think they'd have learnt after all the Wikileaks stuff, if you've got clearance to the necessary level, you've pretty much got access to a huge range of stuff that you don't really have a need to know, to do your job.

I guess that'll change.

My limited understanding is the US missed so many red flags in relation to 9/11 that the pendulum swung in the direction of more transparency between departments. As you say they’ll be rethinking that big time. 

6 hours ago, blandy said:

I guess that'll change.

I dont doubt that procedurally there are higher standards among a smaller pool ove rhere but doesn't the govt contract with tht elikes of oracle (not the cool bamboozle one) kinda mean wer're as susceptable as anyone to this sort of stuff? (not to be contrary just interested)

13 hours ago, Withnail said:

My limited understanding is the US missed so many red flags in relation to 9/11 that the pendulum swung in the direction of more transparency between departments. As you say they’ll be rethinking that big time. 

The US missed a lot of red flags in December 1941 as well...still learning from their mistakes.

Ukraine now leaking videos of huge columns of men and Western equipment being transported somewhere. "Coming soon to an occupied territory near you!"

As per usual the UA information campaign is stellar, this'll scare the Russians to no end. 

54 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

More videos of big columns of UA gear and men gathering up today.

The question is, is it to scare Russia or is something about to kick off?

Well we know from the leaks that they are about to launch their new counter offensive with 100K men and the NATO tanks. Just depends how and where they are going to do it. 

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The question is, is it to scare Russia or is something about to kick off?

I suspect its a scare tactic right now, might even be disinfo as Russia will be geolocating the videos and Ukraine know that.

If I was Russia I'd expect the attack as far away from where the images are geolocated to

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspect its a scare tactic right now, might even be disinfo as Russia will be geolocating the videos and Ukraine know that.

If I was Russia I'd expect the attack as far away from where the images are geolocated to

Vladivostok?

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 12/04/2023 at 16:05, Mandy Lifeboats said:

My opinion is based upon his recent opinions.  He supported the war with Georgia and the annexation of their land.  He has not moved from that standpoint. 

He opposed the military occupation of Crimea in 2014.  But also said that it was Russian should remain Russian.  

He opposes the arming of Ukraine by the West due to the Russian deaths it will cause.  No mention of the Ukrainian deaths caused by Russia. 

He was recently asked, if he became president would he give Crimea back to Ukraine?   He avoided the question by saying that it shouldn’t be passed backwards and forwards.  

His opposition of Putin is based upon the level of corruption and criminality in the Russian Government.  I have yet to read anything that suggests his policies would be substantially different.

On 12/04/2023 at 14:07, magnkarl said:

It's always good to have a discussion about these things, I've been to a lecture by Gary Kasparov on the opposition to Putin within Russia and the amount of proof backed evidence he had to show about Navalny doesn't exactly paint the man as a good un'.

I.e

Better than Putin? Sure. Good as a leader of a country that's had crap leaders for a long time? Not so sure.

Cheers guys. Much for me to read...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

But,have the Russians got the brain to work that out ?!

Very much so. Troll farms are full of that kind of expertise and Russia has invested heavily in troll farms 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Twitter is now full of Bradleys and other IFVs all painted in the UA pixel camo. Ukraine is definitely trying to scare Russia now, and it seems to be working.

Ukraine must be trying to scare Russia into doing something. Being so public about their new toys must be strategic.

Â