Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I mean, they control that airfield you seem to think is incredibly important. I’m as happy that the Ukrainians are putting up stiffer resistance than expected as anyone is, but you’re delusional if you think they’re actually *winning*. They’re just inflicting (and almost certainly suffering) reasonably high casualties as they lose.

Maybe that’ll be enough if they can drag it out for long enough, but it’s a big assumption that Putin will be put off that easily.

Where did I say they were winning? I’m just saying that Russia isn’t steamrolling Ukraine.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

there's a war going on and all you seem to want to do is focus on Liz Truss .. did she reverse over your cat or something :)  

There are definitely people on this forum that would willing reverse into Liz Truss' pussy but I'm not one of them

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Maybe it's time for China to extend their territory on Russia's eastern border whilst they are pre-occupied?

And it might be the best time for Chechnya to declare 'independence'.    

What are the Mongols up to nowadays?  Any Genghis Khan wannabe wants to take some extra territory north?

Or may be China is thinking, it’s the right time to “unified” Taiwan given how passive the Biden office has reacted

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Where did I say they were winning? I’m just saying that Russia isn’t steamrolling Ukraine.

You were asking for proof that Russia was winning the battles in the post I quoted. They’re clearly winning battles. At a cost, of course, but they’re still winning.

Edit: there’s plenty of evidence that Ukraine are losing troops and vehicles too, although their victories get more press for obvious reasons. This video for example.

Edited by Panto_Villan

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm a bit baffled by protests in the UK. As far as I can tell, they're not protesting for the UK to do anything, simply to protest against the invasion. In Ukraine. By Russia. Not sure Mr Putin is keeping his eyes on Nottingham this weekend, fellas. 

Perhaps ordinary citizens just want to do something. Good on them. A show of support for those who are seeing missiles fly past there windows - and seeing guns and tanks on the street. They need all the support they can get.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

You were asking for proof that Russia was winning the battles in the post I quoted. They’re clearly winning battles. At a cost, of course, but they’re still winning.

Edit: there’s plenty of evidence that Ukraine are losing troops and vehicles too, although their victories get more press for obvious reasons. This video for example.

Bit of gore at the end of that video, wondered where all the troops were.

20 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Why would there be a front line in Crimea?

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would there be a front line in Crimea?

The video’s from the region where the Ukrainians tried to stop the Russian forces that have been pushing out of Crimea. Doesn’t look like it went particularly well for them unfortunately.

Video should probably be titled “Crimean Front” rather than “Crimean Front Line”.

Edited by Panto_Villan
clarity

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Perhaps ordinary citizens just want to do something. Good on them. A show of support for those who are seeing missiles fly past there windows - and seeing guns and tanks on the street. They need all the support they can get.

If it was a protest with some sort of goal relevant to us, be it providing aid, refuge, etc, I'd get it. Even if it was just a show of disapproval but outside a Russian embassy I'd get it. Just seems a bit bizarre to all gather around in a completely unrelated location to all say "we don't approve of this thing, done by people completely unrelated to this place", they may as well piss in the wind.

If that's how they want to spend their weekend though, as they please!

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If it was a protest with some sort of goal relevant to us, be it providing aid, refuge, etc, I'd get it. Even if it was just a show of disapproval but outside a Russian embassy I'd get it. Just seems a bit bizarre to all gather around in a completely unrelated location to all say "we don't approve of this thing, done by people completely unrelated to this place", they may as well piss in the wind.

It'll look good on their Facebook and Instagram pages. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

It'll look good on their Facebook and Instagram pages. 

It might also look like a good thing in the eyes of Ukrainians looking through Western Media. 

And that's enough of a reason to support such events. 

• Like 3

I’m hearing the Russians are getting whacked in many locations. Ukraine’s whole male population is being mobilised. Losing Kyiv isn’t that much of an issue (see Napoleon taking Moscow), the Russians will be spreading themselves out across the country and that’s when they can be got at properly.  The military aren’t going to recognise some Russian puppet regime, and if everyone keeps fighting they can bleed the Russians into disaster. 

Also those in UK calling for a NATO no-fly zone need to drop the euphemisms. They’re calling for war with Russia, and if that’s what they want they should say it openly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There are definitely people on this forum that would willing reverse into Liz Truss' pussy but I'm not one of them

It’s a dirty job but somebody’s got to do it

Â