Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Protests outside the Russian embassy in Budapest … Orban is a big ally of Putin and there are Hungarian elections next month so that could be interesting in the coming weeks 

that said Orban has sided with the EU on its stance v Russia 

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

A pal of mine once said, (he is apparently a property manager for the MOD,) they wouldn't be able to launch a nuke in this day an age of cyber warfare.  An even if they did they could probably intercept it and land it in the ocean.

Sounds plausible to me. Let's send the troops in and crush Putin once and for all. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I would have thought diverting a nuclear war head into an ocean would still cause a bit of major chaos.

Only if it detonated I guess. Didn't ask him for the detail. Might call him now, just to check.😆

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

It’s on the most direct route to Kyiv from Belarus and has good roads - the surrounding area is marsh land. Take Chernobyl and they can push through an armoured thrust to join an assault on Kyiv. 

By tomorrow 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

939F9511-E7A3-41AD-91F2-ABE19746889E.jpeg

Seeing this face again reminds me that in 2014, in the aftermath of Russia's annexation of Crimea, he wanted us to 'put aside our differences' with Russia in order to focus on fighting radical Islam (he meant bombing Syria).

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Your post earlier about transgender pronouns and Bidens speak being weak. It just made me wonder if you missed the tough talking style of Trump. 

What post about transgenders?? Im so confused what your on about jonah

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

A pal of mine once said, (he is apparently a property manager for the MOD,) they wouldn't be able to launch a nuke in this day an age of cyber warfare.  An even if they did they could probably intercept it and land it in the ocean.

Well I for one feel a lot safer now. Please thank you pal when you see him next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

But they are part of Nato, any attack on them and the USA and the rest of Nato declare war on Russia. Ukraine isn't part of Nato so Putin can invade it. 

He can't invade any country but he has. How strong is NATO? Putin may call it's bluff and see if countries will stick their necks on the line and risk being labelled an agressor.

This is part of statement he made today. A clear threat of a nuclear response. 

"As for the military sphere, today, modern Russia, even after the collapse of the USSR and the loss of a significant part of its capacity, is one of the most powerful nuclear powers in the world and possesses certain advantages in some of the newest types of weaponry. In this regard, no one should have any doubts that a direct attack on our country will lead to defeat and horrible consequences for any potential aggressor" 

The more we corner him with economic measures the less he has to lose, he's clearly not thinking straight, maybe he's mentally impaired. This is very dangerous for us all,  make no mistakes about that . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

He can't invade any country but he has. How strong is NATO? Putin may call it's bluff and see if countries will stick their necks on the line and risk being labelled an agressor.

This is part of statement he made today. A clear threat of a nuclear response. 

"As for the military sphere, today, modern Russia, even after the collapse of the USSR and the loss of a significant part of its capacity, is one of the most powerful nuclear powers in the world and possesses certain advantages in some of the newest types of weaponry. In this regard, no one should have any doubts that a direct attack on our country will lead to defeat and horrible consequences for any potential aggressor" 

The more we corner him with economic measures the less he has to lose, he's clearly not thinking straight, maybe he's mentally impaired. This is very dangerous for us all,  make no mistakes about that . 

SAS would knock him off before it got code red. It's not like Bin Laden hiding in the mountains, the West have plenty on the inside.

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Protests outside the Russian embassy in Budapest … Orban is a big ally of Putin and there are Hungarian elections next month so that could be interesting in the coming weeks 

that said Orban has sided with the EU on its stance v Russia 

Supposedly there has been anti war protests in Moscow too, maybe I'm being naive, but perhaps Putin has overplayed his hand a bit here? I'm seriously starting to think he's been told he's got something terminal to have started acting so rashly.

edit - @DCJonah beat me to it with a video of the protest.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Â