• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Germans cancel a gas pipeline and we… yeah Boris said.

NS2 was a weapon to isolate and coerce Ukraine, that's why the entirety of Central and Eastern Europe (expect maybe Hungary) begged Berlin not to build it in the first place. Once Putin decided to deal with Ukraine by invading it NS2 became irrelevant - it's never even been certified to carry gas. 

I do think London, New York, Paris, Frankfurt and maybe Singapore and Tokyo will act together to make sure they freeze as much of Putin's money in one go as they can. If the Russians go in tonight/tomorrow I'd expect those sanctions to land on Friday. If Putin actually cares then he might go in Friday night to give himself some time over the weekend while the markets and banks etc are shut down.  

The UK is doing more to support Ukraine than any other state except the US and that's set to continue. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Ben’s never knocked on my door, thankfully.  If he does do constituency walks in the future I will make sure I am dressed as the Lone Ranger.

We should get him on the front line and lead the charge.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

People: "Well, at least Ben Wallace is demonstrating through his mature, dignified response to this crisis that at least someone in the Tory party isn't a complete lunatic"

Ben Wallace, knocking back his pint of meths and punching a hole through the patio doors: "Those c**** said what? I'll show them..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Can I advise that if any VT’ers are also Russian billionaires, they get a quick donation in to the Tory Party tonight sharpish, to avoid any unpleasant sanctions.

Nah. Malta and Cyprus, much bigger market, better rate of return.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Excuse my ignorance but didn’t all of this happen with Crimea and then eventually the media got bored and found something else to talk about ?

You're right with regards to western lack of action, but it's worth noting the slight difference was that Crimea (with many of its strategic military positions) was on a lease to the Russians and was predominated by Russians. That made it 'easier' for Russia to annex after a referendum. Bit like what we caould have done with Hing Kong I guess.

• Like 2

Â