Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

lol. nah life long lefty who opposed and opposes Brexit with a passion. I am just a realpolitik guy. Its all about power. The UK is in a very strong position.

The UK is weaker outside of the EU, there surely is no doubt about that is there?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The UK is weaker outside of the EU, there surely is no doubt about that is there?

Politically yeah I agree, I am a pro EU guy. I naturally think that we would be much stronger within the EU. But thats my belief. So far the UK seems to be having as much clout now as before. 

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Politically yeah I agree, I am a pro EU guy. I naturally think that we would be much stronger within the EU. But thats my belief. So far the UK seems to be having as much clout now as before. 

We’re talking about the economy though, are you suggesting the UK is outperforming the scenario of if we’d remained? 

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

So far the UK seems to be having as much clout now as before. 

Another not sure if serious

Have you seen Boris much with the likes of Macron, Sholtz, Biden in relation to Ukraine, they've almost cut him out completely. Anything him and Truss are doing and saying is for a domestic audience, hell even Putin said Britain couldn't be trusted to keep their word

We've got less clout than Sticky Vicky

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’re talking about the economy though, are you suggesting the UK is outperforming the scenario of if we’d remained? 

Nope. I think we are aligned. I think we would have been even stronger within the EU. But we are strong post Brexit. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you seen Boris much with the likes of Macron, Sholtz, Biden in relation to Ukraine, they've almost cut him out completely. Anything him and Truss are doing and saying is for a domestic audience, hell even Putin said Britain couldn't be trusted to keep their word

I dont see that at all. I cant stand Boris. I see our allies and Labour rallying around Boris in the time of crisis. As it should be.

• Haha 1

I dont see that at all. I cant stand Boris. I see our allies and Labour rallying around Boris in the time of crisis. As it should be.

Wow, I'm genuinely astounded by that. It's just that far removed from reality

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Wow, I'm genuinely astounded by that. It's just that far removed from reality

Different perspectives. its all good. PM's questions seeme to be Starmer saying Labour supported Johnson fully  in standing up to Putin and in fact urged even stronger action. Providing the government with the political back up to go further. Thats what the loyal opposition should do. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Different perspectives. its all good. PM's questions seem to be Starmer saying Labour supported Johnson fully  in standing up to Putin and in fact urged even stronger action. Providing the government with the political back up to go further. Thats what the loyal opposition should do. 

Not seen PMQs but Labour is criticising the governmnet not supporting them, it's telling them they haven't gone far enough and that they are compromised by Russian money.

They aren't offering them support, they are telling them they've willfully fallen short of the mark

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not seen PMQs but Labour is criticising the governmnet not supporting them, it's telling them they haven't gone far enough and that they are compromised by Russian money.

They aren't offering them support, they are telling them they've willfully fallen short of the mark

Boris was hinting at it being a collective decision between allies to start soft and then ramp it up as a unit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris was hinting at it being a collective decision between allies to start soft and then ramp it up as a unit.

The Germans have pretty much said exactly the same. They're holding back more Sanctions for any further escalations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I’d take a stab and say Macron and Sholtz are linked by the Minsk protocol  which was a Russian , Ukrainian , OCSE initiative with France and Germany as the designated mediators from the EU side …you might just as well criticise Salah for not scoring enough goals this season for Villa when comparing the U.K. in this situation.

On Monday Biden and Johnson held calls  , are we to suggest Germany and France have no influence because they weren’t on this phone call ? 

I appreciate  your hatred of Tories but you’re clearly not watching the news if you think the U.K. is behind Vicky in world influence , unless I missed Vicky’s speech at the Munich Security Conference and her meetings with world leaders  :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Part of me hopes Putin gives it another two or three weeks so Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, France, UK, the US and so on can prop up the Ukrainian army to the point where it can bloody Putin’s nose to a point where every step forward will cost him soldiers and popular support. 

Like Afghanistan, a bogged down invasion in  Ukraine can be an instigator for change in Russia.

Obviously there’ll be masses of dead soldiers and civilians, but with Putin I think he only understands hard power. Bog him down, sanction them and make Ukraine a quagmire. He’s not going to understand anything else.

• Like 1

Â