Player of the Season discussion

KJT123

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It's a surprisingly scant list to select from for this.

Using the FA's criteria for 'Young player' which is someone who was 23 or less at the start of the season, the list is as follows in order of appearances

PLAYER               Start(Sub) Tot
-----------------------------------
Jordan Amavi           22(08)    30
Jack Grealish          18(07)    25
Pierluigi Gollini      20(00)    20
Andre Green            04(11)    15
Aaron Tshibola         05(03)     8
James Bree             04(01)     5
Keinan Davis           00(05)     5
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy 00(02)     2
Corey Blackett-Taylor  00(01)     1
Adama Traore           00(01)     1

Young player surely is andre green .

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It's a surprisingly scant list to select from for this.

Using the FA's criteria for 'Young player' which is someone who was 23 or less at the start of the season, the list is as follows in order of appearances

PLAYER               Start(Sub) Tot
-----------------------------------
Jordan Amavi           22(08)    30
Jack Grealish          18(07)    25
Pierluigi Gollini      20(00)    20
Andre Green            04(11)    15
Aaron Tshibola         05(03)     8
James Bree             04(01)     5
Keinan Davis           00(05)     5
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy 00(02)     2
Corey Blackett-Taylor  00(01)     1
Adama Traore           00(01)     1

You're right it is scant, especially considering seasons gone by. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep maybe he should have.  But McCormack tore this league up for arse paper 3 years on the trot(s) before coming here, so he definitely should have continued to do so, and he cost a bloody fortune.

So whereas Jack didn't meet our expectations, Ross spectacularly failed to meet his own.

Maybe flop was harsh but certainly a huge disappointment this year. 

I think with Ross, it was his last big move, making more money than ever and instead of inspiring him it made him complacent and lazy. He too has been very disappointing.

i just feel jack has all the attributes and should've been the one, putting himself forward to build the team around. 

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Kodja by a mile. 

I said Chester by a million billion miles so I/ Chester Wins.

But seriously, it'd be more interesting to hear why. Not because I disagree - although I do - but it's the reasoning that's interesting.

Anyway, Chester. So there !!

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Kodjia is Player Of The Season.

Second place is tougher.  I'd probably give it to Adomah.

"IS" ?

Source ?

As for Adomah I think he's done okay but he's only played about half the time !! I'd be interested why you think he rates ahead of Chester. 

Shows what a fractured season we've had when there's only three or four players who've both figured regularly and contributed significantly.

Imagine a settled squad next season !! Could actually be fun !

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I said Chester by a million billion miles so I/ Chester Wins.

But seriously, it'd be more interesting to hear why. Not because I disagree - although I do - but it's the reasoning that's interesting.

Anyway, Chester. So there !!

Because he's our most exciting player. He's scored some absolute beauties this season. He's very rarely seemed poor imo all season, always looked dangerous. 

Whilst I do really rate Chester, and Jedinak for that matter, there's been stages in this season where they've had periods of having shockers. 

• Like 1

Kodjia, no question. Even if he didn't play another game this season he'd still win it for me.

Surprised Adomah has so many mentions. He doesn't do enough for me, yes he's got a handful of assists, but the formation we play him and whoever is playing left side need to get far more involved. He only plays so much because we don't have another senior winger at the club.  He's done OK, but player of the season mentions - I don't think so. If I'm being brutally honest I'd like to see a couple of wingers brought in so Adomah becomes a squad player next season.

Defence has been fantastic, Baker and Chester are an awesome partnership. Chester doesn't look half as good when partnered with Elphick. If Kodjia gets disqualified then one of these 2 should win it.

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Kodjia, no question. Even if he didn't play another game this season he'd still win it for me.

Surprised Adomah has so many mentions. He doesn't do enough for me, yes he's got a handful of assists, but the formation we play him and whoever is playing left side need to get far more involved. He only plays so much because we don't have another senior winger at the club.  He's done OK, but player of the season mentions - I don't think so. If I'm being brutally honest I'd like to see a couple of wingers brought in so Adomah becomes a squad player next season.

Defence has been fantastic, Baker and Chester are an awesome partnership. Chester doesn't look half as good when partnered with Elphick. If Kodjia gets disqualified then one of these 2 should win it.

To be fair, that 'handful of assists' places him joint-2nd in the entire division. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, terrytini said:

"IS" ?

Source ?

As for Adomah I think he's done okay but he's only played about half the time !! I'd be interested why you think he rates ahead of Chester. 

Consistency, for me.

Chester has had some absolutely woeful performances as well as some excellent ones.  I actually think Baker has been more consistent at the back - he's just not as good as Chester.  Chester has impressed me with how assured he is, how he reads the game and (stereotypically) how good in the air he is.

Kodjia has performed exceptionally throughout the season and, for me, Player Of The Season should be about exactly this.   Adomah is next in line IMO. 

Edited by bobzy

21 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Player of the year - kodjia (followed by baker and chester)

young player of the year - Andre green

flop of the year - Jack Grealish

I completely agree. His hair is wonderful in its floppiness

• Like 1

As much as Kodjia has been a revelation and a indisputable crucial player this season, the stand out contender for MVP is Jedinak. The man is our key player and a cracking leader both on and off the pitch and we simply cannot function without him. When he hasn't played the midfield crumbles and the defence  loses all it's cover and we simply leak goals, no coincidence our clean sheet streak coincides with him returning to the starting XI. The man wins absolutely everything and allows the entire team to perform better over the 90 mins. Attackers always get the plaudits, but without Jedinak I honestly feel we would be in serious trouble.....the man is worth his weight in gold.

I do flipping love Kodija though. :wub:

• Like 1

Â