17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Cheers mate! Nearly had a heartattack when the ball struck the crossbar. Gotta have some luck with the margins, but overall I think we deserved it.

Absolutely. With that and the Johnson yellow that could have been a red, Boro almost found a way in, but they absolutely did not deserve anything. 

Villa created the better chances and looked like the only side trying to score. 

Traore looks awful to me, can’t understand the hype. 

Terry vs the on loan Newcastle striker who’s name escapes me will be a good battle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

Absolutely. With that and the Johnson yellow that could have been a red, Boro almost found a way in, but they absolutely did not deserve anything. 

Villa created the better chances and looked like the only side trying to score. 

Traore looks awful to me, can’t understand the hype. 

Terry vs the on loan Newcastle striker who’s name escapes me will be a good battle. 

Mitrović. And yes I agree with all your points. Onto Wembley!

Just seen Fulham have lost one league game since 16th December and that the last day of the season to the Blues. Yes I know they lost the 1st leg of the playoffs but **** me that's impressive.

Boro were pretty crap over both legs, wasn't pretty today but we by far had the better chances. Fulham will be a huge test but not one we should be afraid of, bring them on.

Johnstone has a chance to be signed and play regular first team football in the Premier League. Terry has chance to Captain a club in the Premier League again. Snodgrass has the chance to be signed and play in the Premier League again. Elmohamady, Jedinak, Whelan, Chester, Grabban and Adomah all have a chance at the Premier League again, as does Grealish. 

We have a lot of incentives to go up and that's why I think we'll do it!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dick said:

Get the feeling the build up will be all about Fulham. I'm happy with that.

Me too, I want Fulham to believe the hype and by the looks of it they are. My favourite cliche is that Fulham will pass it around lovely on the big Wembley pitch, well it's the same size as Villa Park, where they lost. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Johnstone has a chance to be signed and play regular first team football in the Premier League. Terry has chance to Captain a club in the Premier League again. Snodgrass has the chance to be signed and play in the Premier League again. Elmohamady, Jedinak, Whelan, Chester, Grabban and Adomah all have a chance at the Premier League again, as does Grealish. 

We have a lot of incentives to go up and that's why I think we'll do it!

Do Fulham not have similar incentives as well though?

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

That big wembly pitch and Fulhams pace throughout their team, im very worried.  I think we have to have same plan as tonight and sit deep

No no no no no.

Not big no. 

Almost identical to ours ( and many others). One of the most tired inaccurate cliches in football.

And anyway we will Win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Almost identical to ours ( and many others). One of the most tired inaccurate cliches in football.

Almost as tired and inaccurate as Merson who gleefully trotted it out earlier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

No no no no no.

Not big no. 

And anyway we will Win.

It will feel alot bigger when you’re not playing at home.

Just was interested to see what fulham fans arr thinking so read a couple of their forums. This seems to be the general concesus.

Watched Boro v Villa both legs. Hardly the resident Villa expert after seeing two games.. but this was my view of it. Thoughts?

Villa’s main threat is in midfield. Grealish is some player - think a cross between Johansen and Cairney. Snodgrass didn’t look too special over the two legs but i know he’s highly rated by their fans. Jedinak is solid. In a sense, their midfield closely mirrors the structure of ours with two creatives and a holding midfielder.

Defence is solid with Chester (highly rated) and Terry. However surely the latter means they will struggle with our pace.

Finally a lot of hard work by their strikers .. quite similar to us in shape with two wingers who look to drive on the counter. However no real potency to speak of and certainly no Mitro figure in the centre.

Their keeper should have been sent off tonight. It was the most blatant red card you’ll see.

I think the key to the game will be marking Grealish out the game with McDonald. I genuinely feel Villa offer very little apart from him. I certainly think we can afford to commit players in attack provided he’s kept quiet because their strikers lack any real threat compared to Derby.

Feeling positive!’