17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

we just about edge boro in every statistic on whoscored.com and haven't been beaten by them this season. Their most in-form player is Traore who has 5 goals and 10 assists over 26 appearances this season. Our equivalent of that is either Robert Snodgrass who has 7 goals and 14 assists over 36 appearances and Albert Adomah who has 14 goals and 5 assists over 34 appearances. Their top scorers are Assombalonga (15 goals over 32 appearances) and Bamford (11 goals over 23 appearances). They're practically matched by our midfield with Conor on 11 goals in 40 appearances and Admoah's return. We also have Grabban who has a very good return of 8 goals in 10 appearances and a returning Kodjia who used to bag them in for fun (I really hope he hits some form now). They really should be worried mostly about Grealish though who imo is better than any player they are able to field.

I'm not overly confident or anything, I think that this will be one helluva challenge. However I do think that some boro fans and gazette reporters are kidding themselves thinking they will walk all over us. There has been nothing to suggest that over the season. It will be very even I think, but we'll edge it.

• Like 3

Also, there isn’t a player in their squad (or possibly the league!?) that has won as much as John Terry. If anyone has the nerves to captain a team through semis and a final it’s him. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we just about edge boro in every statistic on whoscored.com and haven't been beaten by them this season. Their most in-form player is Traore who has 5 goals and 10 assists over 26 appearances this season. Our equivalent of that is either Robert Snodgrass who has 7 goals and 14 assists over 36 appearances and Albert Adomah who has 14 goals and 5 assists over 34 appearances. Their top scorers are Assombalonga (15 goals over 32 appearances) and Bamford (11 goals over 23 appearances). They're practically matched by our midfield with Conor on 11 goals in 40 appearances and Admoah's return. We also have Grabban who has a very good return of 8 goals in 10 appearances and a returning Kodjia who used to bag them in for fun (I really hope he hits some form now). They really should be worried mostly about Grealish though who imo is better than any player they are able to field.

I'm not overly confident or anything, I think that this will be one helluva challenge. However I do think that some boro fans and gazette reporters are kidding themselves thinking they will walk all over us. There has been nothing to suggest that over the season. It will be very even I think, but we'll edge it.

Judging by our luck if we are statistically superior in every way we're going to lose 

• Like 1

Statistics go out the window of this game. Ask fulham last year. 

I think experience is vital here. Pressure and being in these kind of situations. We on paper have that with some of our players. Let's hope they do that 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Statistics go out the window of this game. Ask fulham last year. 

I think experience is vital here. Pressure and being in these kind of situations. We on paper have that with some of our players. Let's hope they do that 

Based on that theory of experience fulham should be better then than last year, no ?

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Based on that theory of experience fulham should be better then than last year, no ?

How many CL finals players do they have? How many international's that have played on big stage have? Grealish has played in cup semis and finals. 

That's my point. Having gone in one play off semi is not the same as what we have in our locker room.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Judging by our luck if we are statistically superior in every way we're going to lose 

I didn't say we were "superior" in any way, just slightly better overall. Also I agree with some of the other posters on this page as well in that experience most likely will count more than statistics. Experience is something we have in abundance which should benefit us hugely.

Luck is only a tiny fraction of the whole package. We need to create our own luck now and keep our heads cool and be professional. This is it, all or nothing, and I believe our players will be up for it and give it their best.

Edited by osmark86

42 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Bobby Madley and Mike Dean the referees for the Away and Home legs respectively. 

Is that the same Mike Dean who appeared to celebrate a spurs goal against us a couple of seasons ago?

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

PettyThankfulEyas-size_restricted.gif

This brings back the fury...:bang:

At least now we have a spurs loanee in our roster, could that mean he'll root for us?