17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is absolutely no way a Sheffield Wednesday team that conceded three goals at home to that shower of shit we beat today are going to beat derby. Have to face that's a easy three points for derby

Sheffield United beat Wolves at Molineux. Nothing is a given. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

A fully fit and firing kodija from the start of this season and we would be considering catching Wolves in my opinion.

I obviously accept the view that the team is now playing better without him. Would still like him as an option though.

Edit - on the promotion charge, three more wins and we’re at the much fabled two point per game ratio ;)

We'd be number uno by far.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Nah gimme Kodjia over Hogan in this team any day. Selfish or not, we would be absolutely banging them in. He's just a better player period.

Better player but doubt he press like Hogan did today. Good to have capable and different strike options

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's just a better player period.

That should be He's a better player full stop. in the Queen's English. 

We also need the BBC's league table to reflect the last 7, not 5

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 20.28.10.png

Edited by Jareth

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is absolutely no way a Sheffield Wednesday team that conceded three goals at home to that shower of shit we beat today are going to beat derby. Have to face that's a easy three points for derby

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see sheff weds win that game - on their day they can beat most teams as they showed at villa park - far from easy visiting Hillsboro .

not saying Wednesday will win but certainly don’t believe they have no chance whatsoever of beating derby .

Edited by Eastie

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see sheff weds win that game - on their day they can beat most teams as they showed at villa park - far from easy visiting Hillsboro .

not saying Wednesday will win but certainly don’t believe they have no chance whatsoever of beating derby .

I beg to differ here. Under this new manager they have been dreadful

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I beg to differ here. Under this new manager they have been dreadful

Maybe Tuesday will see a turn in form - they have some decent players and will not be a pushover for derby - I think our game at Hillsboro will also be tough. 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't realise we were away to Fulham next. Another massive game! 

Id have preferred if we hadn't won 7 in a row before going in to it ;)

If it helps, Fulham haven't lost in 9 games xd

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If we win at Fulham, that's 10 points up on what is IMHO our nearest rivals for second spot. I'd go as far to say that if we could some how muster a win there, that we are looking at promotion. 

I agree victory at Fulham would put us 10 ahead of them and be too much of a gap although I think derby are still our biggest threat - only derby and Fulham worry me .

Edited by Eastie

3 hours ago, Xela said:

As bad as it sounds, I don't see a place for him anymore. 

I get where people are coming from, our moves are better as he is a ball hogger in the final third.

However let's not forget him and Adomah linked up pretty well at times last season and Albert is a different player this year.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So we are now averaging 1.9 ppg so on track for 87? Surely that would be enough for top 2.

2 points a game from here onwards would give us 89 which would surely be more than enough - I think 86 could do it .