dont_do_it_doug.

Top 6 for me will be in order

1. Boro

2. Reading

3. Villa

4. Fulham

5. Norwich

6. Hull

not including Derby, Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday and a few others. This will be a tough season and even with money we spent it wont be any easy games

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2017 at 08:48, Stevo985 said:

No he shouldn't.

He should be criticised for not doing as good a job as he should.

But it's absurd to suggest promotion via the playoffs is a sackable offence.

Look at some of the cup finals we've played at Wembley in recent times.

I would not trust us one bit to come out flying with the pressure of the 200m game.

We really should be going up automatically.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Look at some of the cup finals we've played at Wembley in recent times.

I would not trust us one bit to come out flying with the pressure of the 200m game.

We really should be going up automatically.

I agree completely.

But the point I was making was on the hypothetical situation that we were successful in the playoffs.

I've already said that would be below my expectations, but it wouldn't be a sackable offence.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

So everyone has Middlesbrough as favourites, is that fair? I thought our squad looked better.

From a bookie's perspective it's looking like a 2 horse race between us and them.  I had a look at Boro's transfer dealings because I wasn't sure why they were being so heavily tipped, and in fairness they've done well this window and considering they didn't come down like a ton of bricks I think the pricing is probably sensible.

• Like 1

Boro will be up there, signed strikers and we already know they have a good defence and midfield at this level. Monk is a good manager but he did have a slow start last year at Leeds.

I don't think they quite have the star quality of Newcastle though, no wide player on the level of Matt Ritchie for example.

threw a 10er on us at 13/2 last week. Last season, when you looked at Newcastle they clearly stood out above the rest with a great squad and experienced manager. Perhaps we are not quite in the same mold but when I look at us now I do think we have lots of the qualities they had and I can't see anyone else that comes too close, besides Boro. A good start would do our confidence the world of good

Having just looked through boros squad, and the likelihood of them losing Gibson, Ramirez and Barragan, is suggest on paper we are slightly stronger than them. Big test for Monk for me, to maintain his reputation with some as a good manager, he needs automatic promotion as much as Bruce this year. I'm not sure he'll do it!

EDIT: And just as I posted this, Gaston Ramirez has gone to Sampdoria.

Edited by Mjvilla

When we are signing top level PL proven players and the teams from the play offs last year are signing trash like this. Top 2 is an absolute minimum.

Reading have signed Swansea winger Modou Barrow for an undisclosed fee, understood to be around £1.5m, on a four-year deal.

Just looking at the derby and Sunderland sides. Should be nothing to fear from either of these teams!! I cannot see where derbys creativity is coming from and as for Sunderland, honestly think they will struggle again this year.