Pre Match Thread

villa89

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

My girlfriend is here from Germany to finally meet me mom, brother and the rest of the clan.

She wanted to see Villa live a long time ago but I have limited her to the torture on TV.

We are going to this one even though I promised her/myself I would never ever do anything to harm or disorientate her.

She use to play football and is used to her German national team winning world cups and european championships so I really dont know what she'll make of Bruce's Hoofball.

Anyway, I pray for a good performance and hope she at least enjoys the Villa experience.

Vtid

PS Whispered (SBout!)

Surely your other half would prefer cricket.

• Like 1

Bunn

Hutton         Chester          Baker           Taylor

Lansbury         Jedinak

Hourihane

Adomah                                                 Green

Kodjia

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry If I dont get the joke

They dont play cricket in Bavaria (not that I know)

Surely we are shit at that too

Grasshopper.  Cricket. :D 

• Like 2

Cant see anything other than another defeat here.

I actually am struggling to see where our next point will come from so bad has the team been.

With the individuals we have, the blame has to go on SB. Cant help but think that a more open manager would do better with this squad.

• Like 1

Johnstone

Bree        Chester       Baker      Taylor

Gardner   Lansbury   Hourihane

Adomah

Kodjia    Grealish

Johnstone

Bree - Chester - Baker - Taylor

Lansbury - Jedinak - Hourihane

Adomah - Kodjia - Green

With Hogan out injured, Green must come back into the side for me. He's done well this season, bit unfortunate he was dropped from the team to begin with. Glad Bree is back also, he also should come straight back in.

We have to stop losing eventually right? I think we'll get something here, Derby have been very poor lately. I'm hoping this will be the game it all clicks into place. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Johnstone

Bree - Chester - Baker - Taylor

Lansbury - Jedinak - Hourihane

Adomah - Kodjia - Green

With Hogan out injured, Green must come back into the side for me. He's done well this season, bit unfortunate he was dropped from the team to begin with. Glad Bree is back also, he also should come straight back in.

I agree on Green - I think injury means that Bruce is forced into a 4-3-3 - we don't have enough fit strikers to play with two up top and we don't have a left midfielder who can play with the discipline to go with four across the middle. I think once we go 4-3-3 then Green has done enough over the last few months to suggest he merits a start, I'm a big fan of Grealish, but I think Green has earned a chance.

I'd prefer Amavi over Taylor, and I'm not fussed if Hutton starts on the right, but I quite like your line up.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:57, KHV said:

Bunn

Hutton         Chester          Baker           Taylor

Lansbury         Jedinak

Hourihane

Adomah                                                 Green

Kodjia

Couldn't really argue with that.....has a lot of flexibility too.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:46, John said:

We are without a win since Boxing Day and have only managed two points from the 9 games we have played since then. We welcome Derby County who sit 11 points ahead of us in the league table on Saturday at 15.00. Derby trail the play-off places by 11 points and we are just 6 points behind the relegation places. That gap could be down to 5 points should Wigan manage to get something from their game at QPR tonight. Having gone unbeaten at Villa Park until the 11th of this month we have now lost two home games on the trot. It is not looking promising, is it?

Derby last won at Villa Park in 1988 (2-1). Their last win at B6 prior to that had been in 1969 when Brian Clough’s team beat us 1-0 on their way to promotion to the top flight. Our visitors have lost on each of their last 9 visits to Villa Park and their 2 wins in 1969 and 1988 have been their only 2 league wins at Villa Park since 1938.

We really do need to get something from this one. Two home wins from this and from our 6-pointer with Bristol City next Tuesday would do much to banish those relegation concerns that have developed of late. Another win next weekend at bottom-placed Rotherham would put us on 45 points and would pretty much ensure our safety. We need the confidence that 3 wins would bring but it is asking a lot of a team that has not won a game this year and I would currently settle for 5 - 6 points from these 3 games.

It looks certain that we will start Saturday’s game without Hogan. Kodjia might well also be a doubt but our strikers have not been finding the back of the net for us very often when they are available. We need a battling performance on Saturday and a minimum of a point to show for it. Sadly, although I hope to be proved wrong I would not want to bet on us getting anything other than a third successive home defeat and a sixth loss on the trot on Saturday afternoon.

The thing that strikes me john is this.....

if we was in Derby's position and they in ours......we would not feel confident against a team at home who has lost only 2 all season but are in a possible relegation scrap......we would be expecting to be in a right ole' battle.

I still think this is our main problem.....Saturday will prove me wrong or confirm.

we wait and see.

• Like 1