villa89

Johnstone

Bree  Chester  Baker  Amavi

Jedinak

Hourihane      Lansbury

Adomah    Kodjia     Green

This is the game our fortunes change!

Bacuna for Bree if he's not fully fit.

Let's get behind them for 90 minutes today instead of getting on their backs after our initial 10 minute good patch starts to fade. They need us at the moment and we all know from last season the effect the fans can have on the performance of the players.

• Like 2

Derby are nothing special full stop and their away form is also average.

By comparison, our own form is shocking of course, but if there is going to be an upturn in fortune, then it could well come against a meh, you win some you lose some, type team.

Derby's most replicated away scoreline is a 1 nil loss, meaning like most away teams they keep it tight, frustrate their opponents, look to nick one on the break and frequently don't quite manage it.

This strategy has worked all too easily for opponents coming to Villa Park recently, but assuming we finally get some luck and can get our noses in front before they do, I think we'll win ugly today.

A dour 1-0 to the Villa.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

Bizarrely I think we might win this one, maybe 2-1 / 1-0 with the usual buttock clenching last five minutes.

Lose and I think it will get ugly with the fans. Lose again on Tuesday and I think Bruce is a dead man walking.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Derby are nothing special full stop and their away form is also average.

By comparison, our own form is shocking of course, but if there is going to be an upturn in fortune, then it could well come against a meh, you win some you lose some, type team.

Derby's most replicated away scoreline is a 1 nil loss, meaning like most away teams they keep it tight, frustrate their opponents, look to nick one on the break and frequently don't quite manage it.

This strategy has worked all too easily for opponents coming to Villa Park recently, but assuming we finally get some luck and can get our noses in front before they do, I think we'll win ugly today.

A dour 1-0 to the Villa.

That would do nicely. I would take any sort of win at the moment.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Johnstone

Bree  Chester  Baker  Amavi

Jedinak

Hourihane      Lansbury

Adomah    Kodjia     Green

This is the game our fortunes change!

Bacuna for Bree if he's not fully fit.

Let's get behind them for 90 minutes today instead of getting on their backs after our initial 10 minute good patch starts to fade. They need us at the moment and we all know from last season the effect the fans can have on the performance of the players.

Agree with most of that team but it's gotta be Hutton starting he's been by far our best player these last few games....not the greatest I know but his effort and fight has been 100% if a few of the other lads had the same approach we might have won a few more games.

Well I'm not going to VP for this, and it's not on TV so that's as sure as I can be that this one will go well. I've watched/attended a few of the games in 2017... starting to think I'm a curse. Testing the theory today, I won't even look at the score til it's over I promise. 

I'd probably go with;

Johnstone

Hutton   Chester   Baker   Taylor

Jedinak

Adomah   Hourihane Lansbury  Grealish

Kodjia