Pre Match Thread

villa89

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Kodjia should be main striker. 

I like that team, let's see if Bruce can actually get anything out of them. 

Yeah, I actually like the front 3 in this line-up.

The issue will be, as always how high up Bruce has them playing, and how deep the midfield will sit. And If Hutton & Taylor manages to get over the halfway line to contribute in attack.

Could be a 4-3-3, 4-2-1-2-1, 4-5-1 depending on what instructions the players have.

Hopefully it isn't the dreaded 4-2-1-2-------------------------------------------------------------1

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No back up striker on the bench.... I know we have injuries but that is shocking. 

Then again, it's not like Bruce prioritises attacking play is it? 

He doesnt have a choice, unless i have missed something i think Kodjia is the only fit striker we have

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not the most inspiring of line-ups

If it were intended to be high pressing and in support of the striker, it wouldn't be so bad. 

However it's most likely to be deployed defensively and will be unfruitful. 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, I actually like the front 3 in this line-up.

The issue will be, as always how high up Bruce has them playing, and how deep the midfield will sit. And If Hutton & Taylor manages to get over the halfway line to contribute in attack.

Could be a 4-3-3, 4-2-1-2-1, 4-5-1 depending on what instructions the players have.

Hopefully it isn't the dreaded 4-2-1-2-------------------------------------------------------------1

I'm fine with Hutton and Taylor staying put, if it means Adomah and Green are providing the width. Hutton always going for the overlap meaning Adomah has no option but to stay inside renders both players useless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I'm fine with Hutton and Taylor staying put, if it means Adomah and Green are providing the width. Hutton always going for the overlap meaning Adomah has no option but to stay inside renders both players useless.

Sure, as long as our midfielders get's forward more than they have previously.

One of our biggest issues have been that we attack with too few players. If it's only Adomah and Green out wide and only Kodija in the middle he will be painfully easy to defend against. 

Jedinak doesn't have the legs to get up and down, Bacuna, who knows what he will do? So Lansbury will have to carry a lot of attacking responsibility if we stay home with both Hutton and Taylor.

The again if the aim is 0-0 it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

Johnstone

Hutton        Chester             Baker          Taylor

Jedinak

Bacuna                  Lansbury

Adomah                                                   Green

Kodjia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Johnstone

Hutton        Chester             Baker          Taylor

Jedinak

Bacuna                  Lansbury

Adomah                                                   Green

Kodjia

Can't see anything else. Would prefer our other full backs, but it ain't too bad. Grealish can come in for Bacuna if we're not keeping the ball in midfield.

Derby as a reasonably stable and organised side won't really have to do much more than stick to basics to beat us, unfortunately. We're just all over the place at the moment; formation and team changing every week. The only chance I think we have is it just being one of those games where it won't go in for Derby and we get a scrappy penalty or something. It's the only way I see us winning at the moment, sadly.