The Manager thread

Xela

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he is massively over rated personally and very limited.

If you want a team to be organised, structured and hard to beat he can do that. But more than that? It remains to be seen, personally I think not.

I don't think he is right for Derby or them right for him, I don't think it will work out. We shall see.

I agree that he has the qualities that you mentioned but his work at his last two jobs can't be questioned. Blose were humiliated 8-0 right before he came and transformed them. 

Derby is certainly a different kind of challenge as there is more expectation than blose so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree that he has the qualities that you mentioned but his work at his last two jobs can't be questioned. Blose were humiliated 8-0 right before he came and transformed them. 

Derby is certainly a different kind of challenge as there is more expectation than blose so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I'm not questioning his performance at Burton or Small Heath, just doubting he will be a success at a higher level.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Karanka gone

Another dullard who has his principles of playing football "the right way" but in effect just served up the most tedious, lacklustre fair going. I remember watching them get ran off the pitch against Norwich in the play off final previously, whilst 2-0 they continued to pass it between Leadbitter and Clayton for 90 minutes.

Passing sideways for 90 minutes and losing 2-0 isn't playing football the "right way" There is a bit more to it than that.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Surprised they got rid of him - did a decent job for boro but wasn't really backed in January .

I am sad they got rid of him. They took Guzan, Traore, and Gestede off our hands. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I am sad they got rid of him. They took Guzan, Traore, and Gestede off our hands. 

I'm still dumbfounded that anyone took Gestede off our hands.  Has he scored for them?  I wonder if they have a hilarious, disbelieving Rudi Gestede thread on their fan forum. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm still dumbfounded that anyone took Gestede off our hands.  Has he scored for them?  I wonder if they have a hilarious, disbelieving Rudi Gestede thread on their fan forum. 

1 which is more than Ayew has managed at Swansea so still out scoring that feckless wonder.

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

saw a stat earlier. Rudy Gestede has played for 3 premier league clubs and has 1 win in 41 in the league

Edited by Zatman

On 3/16/2017 at 13:35, rodders0223 said:

Another dullard who has his principles of playing football "the right way" but in effect just served up the most tedious, lacklustre fair going. I remember watching them get ran off the pitch against Norwich in the play off final previously, whilst 2-0 they continued to pass it between Leadbitter and Clayton for 90 minutes.

Passing sideways for 90 minutes and losing 2-0 isn't playing football the "right way" There is a bit more to it than that.

"The right way" is winning games. 

He's been on the edge since slamming his fans who were telling the players to lump it forward when they were chasing a game at home a few weeks back. 

On 3/16/2017 at 14:40, Eastie said:

Surprised they got rid of him - did a decent job for boro but wasn't really backed in January .

Didn't he spend £16m on Gestede and Bamford?

They can't buy a goal at the minute! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â