Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I remember some saying that his runs are poor but that was never the case, earlier on I could see that he just wasn't getting the ball quick enough and it wasn't being put in the right areas for him, this has now changed and as a result he's scoring, no surprises here.

There were times his runs were rubbish. His overall game is improving compared to what he was doing previously.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

There were times his runs were rubbish. His overall game is improving compared to what he was doing previously.

Runs were rubbish? What evidence is there of this? It’s up to the player crossing to find him when he makes the runs. I’ve seen him do a lot of the same the last few games - maybe more closing down from him, more energy, but similar runs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Whilst he didn't always make 'great' runs I think he made several good runs in virtually every game I've seen him play for us, the difference now is the service. Other aspects of his game were often not up to scratch but the runs were pretty much bottom of that list, never really understood what people were talking about on here when they'd bang on about how "poor" his movement was/is.

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

Runs were rubbish? What evidence is there of this? It’s up to the player crossing to find him when he makes the runs. I’ve seen him do a lot of the same the last few games - maybe more closing down from him, more energy, but similar runs.

So you think this form is all down to others? Not for me, i've seen him look poor and completely out of games. That is improving now and in perfect time for us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he didn't always make 'great' runs I think he made several good runs in virtually every game I've seen him play for us, the difference now is the service. Other aspects of his game were often not up to scratch but the runs were pretty much bottom of that list, never really understood what people were talking about on here when they'd bang on about how "poor" his movement was/is.

Not for me. I don't believe all of a sudden players have instantly been able to pass the ball. Hogan was poor and now he is doing more. Fair play to him.

Just now, DCJonah said:

So you think this form is all down to others? Not for me, i've seen him look poor and completely out of games. That is improving now and in perfect time for us. 

I think his form is down to a new way we play the ball, with Jack causing problems for defenders, leaving space for wingers to cross and strikers to move into and Hogan is using both (more space, better crosses, more space more room) to actually get the goals his runs deserve. Most crosses always seemed to hit the first man or into the arms of keepers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

I think his form is down to a new way we play the ball, with Jack causing problems for defenders, leaving space for wingers to cross and strikers to move into and Hogan is using both (more space, better crosses, more space more room) to actually get the goals his runs deserve. Most crosses always seemed to hit the first man or into the arms of keepers.

I think that is part of it. 

There's no way i'm accepting that hogan has never done anything different in all his games for us. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think that is part of it. 

There's no way i'm accepting that hogan has never done anything different in all his games for us. 

I’m not suggesting all his runs have always been perfect. I just think the above has been a big part in him actually finding more space in the box.

5 minutes ago, Dick said:

I’m not suggesting all his runs have always been perfect. I just think the above has been a big part in him actually finding more space in the box.

Wouldn't disagree. 

It is all clicking with him right now, long may it continue. He could well be the key man to promotion.

I don't think Hogans performances now are much different to how they have been since he arrived, he's always made good runs and chased the ball down..

We are just playing better football now, more attacking. Its only natural that his game is more suited to how we play now rather than being isolated up front with balls flying over his head.

It seems to me people are making excuses for reasons why they were writing him off rather than admit they were wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Junxs said:

I don't think Hogans performances now are much different to how they have been since he arrived, he's always made good runs and chased the ball down..

We are just playing better football now, more attacking. Its only natural that his game is more suited to how we play now rather than being isolated up front with balls flying over his head.

It seems to me people are making excuses for reasons why they were writing him off rather than admit they were wrong.

Not at all. I have never had a problem admitting i was wrong. Lets be honest though, there was a reason he was behind an 18 year old kid, a reason gabby or RHM were coming on and doing more. To say its all down to others is not the case IMO. If it was surely bruce would have persisted with him and worked on the team with him. He wasn't doing enough. 

Confidence, a new coach, grealish in form. Many factors are contributing to it. Hogan being one of them

• Like 1

Makes a huge difference when you have Grealish playing him in, or the wingers/fullbacks crossing the ball to him as opposed to the center backs lumping it up to him. That was clearly never his game and was never going to thrive if we continued to play like that. I don't know if this is down to Agnew or just Bruce coming to his senses.

• Like 2

Â