Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Took his goals well and is becoming the player we all hoped he was going to be. But let’s not change the past, at times he has been awful for us. He wasn’t harassing defenders, he wasn’t taking up good positions and was basically coasting through games. It’s for those reasons that Davis, Gabby, RHM and even Onomah we’re getting ahead of him. However, since he got that goal his confidence has shifted and he now looks a completely different player. 

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

However, since he got that goal his confidence has shifted and he now looks a completely different player. 

I've previously posted almost eexactly the same sentence in the Hourihane thread. Both players that seem to transform with confidence.

Long may it continue. 

Can’t express how pleased I am for him. The most likeable player I have seen in a long time, who seems to be honest and hardworking. Real potential to be a fan favourite if he continues finding the back of net. 

He’s taken his goals fantastically well, and long may it continue. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

There is nothing more stupid than when fans say “X good thing is happening. Therefore the manager is stupid as he didn’t make it happen earlier.” Conditions change. There are infinite variables. And the coaches see many things we don’t. So who knows what would have happened? It’s like saying Fergie was stupid for not starting Solskjaer and Sheringham in the Champions League final because they came off the bench to score the winner. If we’d played this attacking style from the off maybe we would have been spanked because this club has been on a toxic downward spiral for years, confidence would have been shot again, and we would be bottom three. I’m not saying that’s the case - I’m saying we don’t know and it’s bizarre to claim it almost as fact.

Right so I'm stupid for wanting us to play attacking football rather than the dross we'd been playing prior to 2018 for god knows how long. You only need to look in this thread a few weeks ago to see how many fans were saying Hogan is not a target man and we are not playing to his style. Hogan cost £12m and had been banging them in prior to joining us, I'm sorry but theres no way KD, RHM and GA should have been ahead of him in the pecking order had we not been playing anti football.

You watch us in the last few games and theres actual support for the striker, players making runs from midfield etc. Then watch December and see how theres only ever one player in the final 3rd. It seems you've just picked a part of what I said and jumped on it. My main point is that Hogan isnt doing much different now to what he was doing before but we are playing as a team now and creating chances. Many games we only created 2-3 half chances in 90 minutes in which games you could have any striker up front and it wouldn't have made a difference.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Right so I'm stupid for wanting us to play attacking football rather than the dross we'd been playing prior to 2018 for god knows how long. You only need to look in this thread a few weeks ago to see how many fans were saying Hogan is not a target man and we are not playing to his style. Hogan cost £12m and had been banging them in prior to joining us, I'm sorry but theres no way KD, RHM and GA should have been ahead of him in the pecking order had we not been playing anti football.

You watch us in the last few games and theres actual support for the striker, players making runs from midfield etc. Then watch December and see how theres only ever one player in the final 3rd. It seems you've just picked a part of what I said and jumped on it. My main point is that Hogan isnt doing much different now to what he was doing before but we are playing as a team now and creating chances. Many games we only created 2-3 half chances in 90 minutes in which games you could have any striker up front and it wouldn't have made a difference.

So basically you're ignoring the entire post you quoted there about the infinite variables in football management. 

We play Barnsley 6 weeks ago with those players and that game plan and by your logic we win 3-1? I suspect it's more likely Hogan would give himself another ileus than score those two goals 6 weeks ago

Hogan seem to have benefited more than anyone else by the work done since Agnew came in.

Could of course the pure chance, but I think Agnes has a big role in our attacking actually starting to look like we have a plan and pattern to it.

A striker with confidence is a huge boost to any team.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Hogan seem to have benefited more than anyone else by the work done since Agnew came in.

Could of course the pure chance, but I think Agnes has a big role in our attacking actually starting to look like we have a plan and pattern to it.

A striker with confidence is a huge boost to any team.

I’m not sure the tea lady will have such a profound effect. I know people are quick to dismiss Bruce but that’s a bit much!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, YLN said:

So basically you're ignoring the entire post you quoted there about the infinite variables in football management. 

Because I've already answered it on the previous page?

Â