Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Fantastic news, as lifeboats says. If the highest offer looks hard work then look at the others. 

Heh, one of them bid TEN POUNDS above the other. We didn't go with them.

Seems to be a cash buyer, so might make things a bit easier/quicker? I have no idea.

59 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Heh, one of them bid TEN POUNDS above the other. We didn't go with them.

Seems to be a cash buyer, so might make things a bit easier/quicker? I have no idea.

Ten pounds, really? :lol: 

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

@rjw63 Can I suggest the fold top tea crates for when you come to move your vinyl. I am using them and they are sturdy and stackable. My removal company provided mine free. 

Are they cardboard?

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Yesterday all of my stuff was picked up by removal men. I was 10 percent confident that I would have a house to move into. 
Our buyer was a certainty. The house we were buying, they had pulled out of 3 houses they were buying already, delaying the whole process. Back in August was when offers were accepted. 
At 4pm yesterday we all exchanged. Today we complete. All being well. 

Fingers crossed mate - hope all goes to plan today 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Yesterday all of my stuff was picked up by removal men. I was 10 percent confident that I would have a house to move into. 
Our buyer was a certainty. The house we were buying, they had pulled out of 3 houses they were buying already, delaying the whole process. Back in August was when offers were accepted. 

Good stuff!

We sold our house on first viewings, problem could be the place we have bought who is waiting for a new-build shared ownership.

If she can't or won't move out when the rest of us are ready we are going to rent our current property temporarily until she does. So hopefully no major problems...but it seems you never know in this game.

I'm already of the opinion that our sellers agent is full of bullshit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We sold our house on first viewings, problem could be the place we have bought who is waiting for a new-build shared ownership.

If it's anything like the situation with my move. It wasn't the new build being ready in time that was the issue. In mind it was a a management company but my Mrs works for a housing association, I know they have had massive issues doing what they need to in terms of house sales. Hopefully won't be an issue for you.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You in?

• 3 weeks later...

My initial mortgage interest rate was for 2 years (ends July this year). Seeing as I'm unemployed, does that mean that 1) I can't get a better mortgage rate elsewhere, 2) My current one will just roll over at a default, higher, rate or 3) I'm **** and won't get one from my current lender or elsewhere?

30 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

My initial mortgage interest rate was for 2 years (ends July this year). Seeing as I'm unemployed, does that mean that 1) I can't get a better mortgage rate elsewhere, 2) My current one will just roll over at a default, higher, rate or 3) I'm **** and won't get one from my current lender or elsewhere?

Hi mate. Good to see you back

You won't have any joy with another lender but you should be able to switch product with you current lender. I've done this twice with Nationwide online and never had to speak to anyone and took no more than 2 mins.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Hi mate. Good to see you back

You won't have any joy with another lender but you should be able to switch product with you current lender. I've done this twice with Nationwide online and never had to speak to anyone and took no more than 2 mins.  

Thanks mate.

That's great to hear, particularly as I am with Nationwide.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Thanks mate.

Mine ran out in December when I had big uncertainty job-wise, as @Xela says my lender still had plenty of different products to choose from, I just decided to keep the same one for another two years on the same terms as there was no fee involved.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Thanks mate.

I also changed mine online with Nationwide in the past. As soon as you enter the period to switch new products should appear in your account.

• Like 1

Our purchaser is pushing for completion by end of March! can't believe it's going this fast.

Going over to our prospective purchase on Saturday to thrash out a date with the current owner. I've been told Mid-April which I'm ecstatic about.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2021 at 09:54, rjw63 said:

Our purchaser is pushing for completion by end of March! can't believe it's going this fast.

Going over to our prospective purchase on Saturday to thrash out a date with the current owner. I've been told Mid-April which I'm ecstatic about.

Where you moving to? :)

Â