Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Contracts exchanged

spacer.png

Barring any last minute ****-ups we will be out of here in two weeks

Congrats.

We signed our contract last week with a view to move on the 17th. However our solicitor has disappeared, not answering emails or calls and we have no idea when we're exchanging. Can't wait for all this to be over. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Congrats.

We signed our contract last week with a view to move on the 17th. However our solicitor has disappeared, not answering emails or calls and we have no idea when we're exchanging. Can't wait for all this to be over. 

Our solicitor has been fantastic. Matthew at Evans Derry if anyone wants a tip.

Our buyers solicitor has been a nightmare especially for our estate agent. Will not answer phone calls OR emails. Proper bellend.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Our solicitor has been fantastic. Matthew at Evans Derry if anyone wants a tip.

Our buyers solicitor has been a nightmare especially for our estate agent. Will not answer phone calls OR emails. Proper bellend.

Our solicitor was fantastic, one of the Directors of the firm and really engaged and helpful. But then he retired and we were passed to one of the standard conveyancors and they're not as engaged. 

• Like 1

Finally got hold of our solicitor and apparently we've been ready to exchange for days but the only thing holding us up is that despite being chased several times our buyer's haven't sent the deposit to their solicitors. Every one else in the chain is ready and sat waiting for this. 

44 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Finally got hold of our solicitor and apparently we've been ready to exchange for days but the only thing holding us up is that despite being chased several times our buyer's haven't sent the deposit to their solicitors. Every one else in the chain is ready and sat waiting for this. 

Just wait until it turns out to be a gifted deposit from a family member, and they have to verify all that source of funds shit. It won’t be quick. 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just wait until it turns out to be a gifted deposit from a family member, and they have to verify all that source of funds shit. It won’t be quick. 

Michael Scott No GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Michael Scott No GIF

We had it with our last buyers, at the last second it was declared the deposit was partially from parents. They had to physically meet the parents before it could be approved, and of course they lived down south but had used a solicitor up north. Nightmare.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We had it with our last buyers, at the last second it was declared the deposit was partially from parents. They had to physically meet the parents before it could be approved, and of course they lived down south but had used a solicitor up north. Nightmare.

I'm hoping that's not the case and that if it is that it's already been sorted. 

• Like 1

I get email alerts from Rightmove when houses go on the market, the prices are just going up and up and up. 

I’d have thought it would have cooled a bit by now but it’s just going into overdrive.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I get email alerts from Rightmove when houses go on the market, the prices are just going up and up and up. 

I’d have thought it would have cooled a bit by now but it’s just going into overdrive.

I can't see a time when it changes. The UK population is still increasing via net migration and birth rates and I don't think extra houses are being built at the same rate. 

Plus all those houses being used as holiday lets/air bnbs/second homes, which take a load more properties away from people pushing the prices up of others. 

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't see a time when it changes. The UK population is still increasing via net migration and birth rates and I don't think extra houses are being built at the same rate. 

Plus all those houses being used as holiday lets/air bnbs/second homes, which take a load more properties away from people pushing the prices up of others. 

It’s the rate of increase that’s surprising me. Prices absolutely rocketing up

We're meant to be moving on Monday but still haven't exchanged contracts. Everyone in the chain's sat waiting for our buyers to sort the deposit but it hasn't happened yet, when our conveyancors spoke to theirs they got all snarky and kicked off saying we'll exchange when ready and won't be bullied. I don't think it's bullying to say we're meant to move in 5 days but still haven't exchanged and can't confirm anything (we've had to just book a removal firm with a £300 deposit and I can't do Internet or anything as I don't know when we're actually moving) what's the holdup. 

• Sad 1

Just now, villakram said:

^ this is why both parties should have to place money down in escrow. Hopefully, it's just genuine lack of organization/silliness on their end. 

I think a large part of it is they are using an online solicitor who is just useless. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

We're meant to be moving on Monday but still haven't exchanged contracts. Everyone in the chain's sat waiting for our buyers to sort the deposit but it hasn't happened yet, when our conveyancors spoke to theirs they got all snarky and kicked off saying we'll exchange when ready and won't be bullied. I don't think it's bullying to say we're meant to move in 5 days but still haven't exchanged and can't confirm anything (we've had to just book a removal firm with a £300 deposit and I can't do Internet or anything as I don't know when we're actually moving) what's the holdup. 

Your buyers sound like utter dicks. They sound like they have something to hide to delay things. When you do exchange dont do them any fecking favours thats all i would say. Dont let them come to see the property dont show them how appliances work nothing.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your buyers sound like utter dicks. They sound like they have something to hide to delay things. When you do exchange dont do them any fecking favours thats all i would say. Dont let them come to see the property dont show them how appliances work nothing.

I don't recommend you move into a real estate job Dem :) 

Â