Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Thats good. Very promising. If you have a largish family. Kick them out, they crowd a property, one person at home and let the viewers enter the room first. 

No one allowed in the house during viewings, we have got to go out for a few hours.

Luckily I have a sofa bed to take to my son, and the mother in law has a hospital appointment.

And "largish family"? Are you saying I'm fat? ;) Only two of us here, therefore downsizing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Got seven confirmed viewings after being on the market two days.

Is that good? I have no idea. It sounds OK.

That's excellent.  

In addition to the good advice already given on viewings remember that you are also selling a potential lifestyle to them.   

Is there anything you can do that would help them imagine a better life there.  

Some examples >>  If its the summer - put the garden furniture out and have a bottle of wine in an ice bucket.   

If you are showing a family around - have your kids playing nicely in the garden and looking a picture of happiness.  

Have the table set ready for lunch/tea.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That's excellent.  

In addition to the good advice already given on viewings remember that you are also selling a potential lifestyle to them.   

Is there anything you can do that would help them imagine a better life there.  

Some examples >>  If its the summer - put the garden furniture out and have a bottle of wine in an ice bucket.   

If you are showing a family around - have your kids playing nicely in the garden and looking a picture of happiness.  

Have the table set ready for lunch/tea.   

Good ideas, but

a) no kids, and new regs say house has to be unoccupied, and

b) it's freezy-bollocks.

Wife has made the place look spiffing though, and we have de-cluttered and put away all unnecessary crap to make rooms look bigger.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Good ideas, but

a) no kids, and new regs say house has to be unoccupied, and

b) it's freezy-bollocks.

Wife has made the place look spiffing though, and we have de-cluttered and put away all unnecessary crap to make rooms look bigger.

Remember to mention there has been strong interest 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Remember to mention there has been strong interest 

Estate agents are doing all that.

We don't even meet prospective buyers until further interest is shown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Estate agents are doing all that.

We don't even meet prospective buyers until further interest is shown.

Do you have stipulations on who can view? We said unless they are sold (or first time buyers) then no thanks. Getting the house prepared is too much hassle for people who just wanting a nose round. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Do you have stipulations on who can view? We said unless they are sold (or first time buyers) then no thanks. Getting the house prepared is too much hassle for people who just wanting a nose round. 

Our agents don't let anyone view who are not able to buy, that's what they told me.

In fact their quote was "we vet all prospective buyers so you get no tyre-kickers or nosy neighbours".

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Our agents don't let anyone view who are not able to buy, that's what they told me.

In fact their quote was "we vet all prospective buyers so you get no tyre-kickers or nosy neighbours".

Hopefully the case, I wouldn’t trust them 100% though.
We said the same and were assured they were only sending proceedable viewers but when we asked them (pre-Covid of course) some said they weren’t even on the market.

So they are either lying to the agent to get in, or the agent is lying to us by sending people round hoping for a miracle.

If you insist that they do all viewings then that should focus them on not sending time wasters.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hopefully the case, I wouldn’t trust them 100% though.
We said the same and were assured they were only sending proceedable viewers but when we asked them (pre-Covid of course) some said they weren’t even on the market.

So they are either lying to the agent to get in, or the agent is lying to us by sending people round hoping for a miracle.

If you insist that they do all viewings then that should focus them on not sending time wasters.

We haven't got a choice, it's the way they do it.

We just have to clear off out for a bit.

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That cupboard under the stairs must be full of dildos and ball-gags. 

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

That cupboard under the stairs must be full of dildos and ball-gags. 

Shhh...I'm sure they're hidden a bit better than that

Our chain has 8 people and the people at the very top are playing silly buggers a bit pushing dates back into March. The rest of the chain isn't happy with them so will push back heavily. The estate agent has emailed everyone (all solicitors, estate agents and movers) with a combination of to, cc and bcc with a date of 19th Feb for completion. 

It's interesting seeing all of the unique politics come into play with having a potential financial penalty for everyone involved if it goes towards the end of March. So everyone has a vested interest in getting it done ASAP to lower the chances of the whole thing collapsing and agents not getting their windfall when 1 person gets spooked.

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Five offers from 7 viewings.

Could be sold by tomorrow.

Fantastic news, as lifeboats says. If the highest offer looks hard work then look at the others. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Fantastic news, as lifeboats says. If the highest offer looks hard work then look at the others. 

Agents are pointing us in the right direction.

We know one is stuck in a chain and at least three others are investors.

Â