Match Thread: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Plus mcleish had just relegated them. Bruce was one of the best managers they've had and hadn't been there for years. 

Also... Dean is worse than any ref we've had all season. 

No way is he worse than the ref we had against Cardiff. I genuinely think he'd had a bung for that.

• Like 1

Good half that, playing with four at the back and then Adomah and Bacuna becoming covering full backs when Spurs have the ball is really frustrating them.

It's obvious why we're playing Gabby not McCormack, it's aa lone job with pace rather than ability on the ball that's needed up top today. We need to get Grealish on the ball more often in their half, other than that, there's not much to be unhappy about from a Villa point of view.

Keeper looks okay.

Not a great event actually but I quite enjoyed that.

Saw some balance and a plan that has been executed well.

Tshibola has been my motm so far.

Want to see us go for it a bit now. Don't want to lose 1-0 playing like this for 90 mins.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Villa sitting back killing this game, horrible defensive rubbish football, men behind the ball, spoiling the BBC spectacle of football

shots in the first half Spurs 0 villa 4

:rolleyes:

we're 'frustrating' them.

I can't believe that imbecile dean did not give advantage to Hutton. Normally that would be a astonishing decision but given Mike deans blatant love for spurs no surprise.  Also screwed gabby out of a corner.

Such biased referring.

I must say that the first impressions of Johnstone are very promising, ok it's only 45 mins, he hasn't had much to do and it's probably a bit wishful thinking, but he looks very confident and has an assuring calmness about him, the times he went out for crosses he looked determined and his kicking was no nonsens. Keep it up! 

Spurs have been woeful first half. Can't imagine they will play that badly for another 45 mins. So we need to be super-focused in the first 10 mins or so of the 2nd half. 

Well done for the way we have played so far. Nick an early goal and we have a proper contest.