Match Thread: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

While not amazing, watching tshibola once again confuses me how he's not had a chance till now. 

He's very very tidy with the ball. Technically the most comfortable ball playing midfielder we have.

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

Yeah and it'll be too late if we go a goal down? Just need to get up the pitch 10 yards.

You must be one of those Villa fans who revels in our demise or have no idea about football tactics.

We're away at one of the best teams in the country, about 30 places above us with our best players away on international duty.

If we're gonna get anything out of this it'll be to defend for our lives and nick a goal somehow. 

Pushing forward and playing like the home side against a lower ranked team is guaranteed to fail. As it is, we've got a (small) chance.

So far so good Villa, keep going as you are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Johnstone looks to be barking out orders all the time too . Seems a confident lad.

Was going to post the same. Looks very composed.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

You must be one of those Villa fans who revels in our demise or have no idea about football tactics.

We're away at one of the best teams in the country, about 30 places above us with our best players away on international duty.

If we're gonna get anything out of this it'll be to defend for our lives and nick a goal somehow. 

Pushing forward and playing like the home side against a lower ranked team is guaranteed to fail. As it is, we've got a (small) chance.

Yep, if we had a better striker on (or just an actual striker..) this would be the perfect game plan and start for us

Just now, Genie said:

That's quite a strong accusation for just an opinion about how high we should push. I actually work in football and am generally very positive when I can be. This is negative football and I would like to see us have a go considering we have an almightily hectic schedule and have nothing to lose - we don't need another game.

We aren't pressing even when they are 30 yards out.We're doing well I just don't think it's sustainable.