Gareth Southgate

Richard

Posted (edited)

Extrapolate 4 wins out of 26 against FIFA top 10 ranked teams over a season in the PL (where any team can beat you) thats a win every 6.5 games.

With 38 games in season thats (5.84) or say 6 wins - 18 points.

I'll be really generous and say 10 draws on top of that.

(Remember this is with one of the top 3 squads in the world.)

Which means he'd get 28 points with one of City, Plop or Arsenal 🤣

I wish for nothing more than for Manure to hire him!

Edit: FFS page break ruined my post!

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Irrelevant 🤪

Yeah we're going to win especially if he takes Poney cause he can take a penalty (where is James Ward-Prowse then?)

I honestly think it's because Toney is already nailed on to sign for a Sky 6 team and the media and Nosegate know that so they are just kissing the arse that feeds them

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Yeah we're going to win especially if he takes Poney cause he can take a penalty (where is James Ward-Prowse then?)

I honestly think it's because Toney is already nailed on to sign for a Sky 6 team and the media and Nosegate know that so they are just kissing the arse that feeds them

The Toney situation is bizarre. He hasn’t played because he broke the rules. He’s not suffered. And then he’s come back, talked the talk and not done anything to back it up. And he’s a word removed who throws up Zulu signs. 

• Like 4

8 years and he still don't have system. I mean how are the media supporting him.

His mate Stuart Pearce earlier on Talk Sport. "Don't waste your time talking  about Gareth, cause his here for the Euros, an he's done wonders for this team".  

In another comment "players just need to get up the pitch more, he needs to be more central, an Foden needs to be brought in the game more. It'll look better if that players in a difference position".

As good as saying Southgate's clueless 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Southgate's random vibes mixtape

You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins

Sweet Caroline - Neil DIamond

The Big Chair - Tears for Fears

Southgate You're the One (Football's Coming Home Again) - Atomic Kitten

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This guy is just the pits. Only one more tournament and then he’s gone. Remember that people. 8 years completely wasted. 

thing is, who would the incompetent FA appoint to replace him?, do we actually think they will make a good choice?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

thing is, who would the incompetent FA appoint to replace him?, do we actually think they will make a good choice?

Probably not, but it cant get much lower than Southgate. 

• Like 2

Oh well it doesn't matter anyway. England aren't winning the euros with Southgate and that defence. All the media seem excited by the performance yesterday but we scrapped a last ditch draw at home against a mediocre Belgium team. 

• Like 1

Posts removed.

This is not a thread for individual player merits or who you'd like to see in the Euros squad etc.

Please start a thread, or use a relevant existing thread for those discussions. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2024 at 20:33, Hank Scorpio said:

The midfield looks a bit wank.

In part that's because half the midfielders are classed as 'Forwards' for some reason.

39 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In part that's because half the midfielders are classed as 'Forwards' for some reason.

Cos we're an attacking team not a boring defensive one...

Fooling no one 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, tinker said:

Toney over Watkins is a complete joke and anyone that even considered it should be completely disregarded. I can't believe even Southgate would consider it an option but then again who knows. Be interesting to see who actually backs Toney with money in this window, my guess is someone like West Ham, doubt he will get a top 6 gig .

I don't think he's in a position to get away with it anymore, if he does it he will be called out on it by the media and fans on social media 

Fortunately the 26 man squad means it shouldn't happen, unfortunately it doesn't mean Ollie will actually see the pitch 

Edit - my cock on the block prediction would be that England look pedestrian in the group but finish top, win the 2nd round, lose the QF - Ollie and Bowen don't get a kick and questions are asked as to why not 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think he's in a position to get away with it anymore, if he does it he will be called out on it by the media and fans on social media 

Fortunately the 26 man squad means it shouldn't happen, unfortunately it doesn't mean Ollie will actually see the pitch 

Edit - my cock on the block prediction would be that England look pedestrian in the group but finish top, win the 2nd round, lose the QF - Ollie and Bowen don't get a kick and questions are asked as to why not 

I think we will struggle from the off, if the Serbs can stop us scoring early. Kanes wandering around the pitch and Southgates reluctance to play offensive players will play right into the Serbs hands.

I do think it's Southgates last tournament, he's a busted flush tactically and other managers will out think him and his side kick, Holland, who is next to unless from what I have seen.

Gallagher will start though so we may get a look at him.

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

I think we will struggle from the off, if the Serbs can stop us scoring early. Kanes wandering around the pitch and Southgates reluctance to play offensive players will play right into the Serbs hands.

I do think it's Southgates last tournament, he's a busted flush tactically and other managers will out think him and his side kick, Holland, who is next to unless from what I have seen.

Gallagher will start though so we may get a look at him.

He will have enough attacking players out there to easily beat Serbia. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

He will have enough attacking players out there to easily beat Serbia. 

It's takes more than just having the players on the pitch, he's blew it twice with stronger teams against Croatia and Italy,  I take nothing for granted when it's come to Southgate and football,  he's well out of his depth and been saved by the strongest squads I have seen in 40 years, but then he comes against managers who devise away around his lego brick football and the cards fall over.

I hope you right but I just can't see it.

Â