Top Gear

Jez

For once the best part of the show was the star in a reasonably priced car, Ricciardo didn't half thrash that car around, was very impressed that he also beat Lewis.

I think he could be the quickest on the grid tbh. He came into the Red Bull team with a 4 time world champion and in the same car beat him week in week out.

That second to last corner was a thing of beauty. Hamster said straight after that segment that Ricciardo did 3 laps and all of them were that identical time too.

It was a funny episode for sure. I think they may have been better placed putting a review segment in there, at the expense of some of the time spent on the ambulances and, in particular, the scoreboard at the end, but overall it was entertaining.

It was a funny episode for sure. I think they may have been better placed putting a review segment in there, at the expense of some of the time spent on the ambulances and, in particular, the scoreboard at the end, but overall it was entertaining.

That's my only criticism too really.  They triple dipped the ambulance section when they could have had two bits and a feature.  I presume most weeks end up with a ton of stuff on the cutting room floor, maybe they felt the ambulance bit was particularly strong and couldn't decide what to leave out or something?  

• Like 1

Well that was the worst episode I've seen in a long time. Pretty much nothing enjoyable about it, and I'm easily pleased when it comes to Top Gear. The hill climb was the prettiest poo in last night's toilet of an episode.

Only just got around to watching the OZ episode

I quite enjoyed it , even the star in a car was decent for a change   ...... you're just fickle  :P

Edited by tonyh29

Clarkson did it. He was half way down one of the earlier walls. I specifically remember him being slagged by a guest on the basis he should be higher because it was his track and he should know it like the back of his hand. AFAIK neither the Hamster nor Captain Slow have ever posted a time.

• Like 1

It's all an act as far as I can tell. He does too much stuff straight to camera for it to be genuine. Smith strikes me as a guy who's read "How to win friends and influence people" one too many times.

• Like 1

TG is the Songs of Praise to our modern god: conspicuous consumption.

It is not really about cars any more but has been gradually moulded by the laws of economics into a bland product, which Clarkson attempts to make interesting by endlessly trying to invent a new additive-X which flatters the audience into believing they are watching something edgy.

And on that bombshell...

Edited by MakemineVanilla