The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

20 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

The playoffs scare the sheet out of me, but arouse me greatly.

Things like this are the reason we part with our dosh. 2nd would be nice but promotion at Wembley would be a day to remember.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Things like this are the reason we part with our dosh. 2nd would be nice but promotion at Wembley would be a day to remember.

Yeah but a loss would be crushing. Probably worse than our last Wembley defeat a year and a half ago. I'd rather automatic, then take our chances with the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah but a loss would be crushing. Probably worse than our last Wembley defeat a year and a half ago. I'd rather automatic, then take our chances with the playoffs.

I'd fancy us against anyone at Wembley . A big pitch with our quick forwards and our fantastic support will scare the shit out of anyone in this league .

I'd prefer automatic but the the prospect of the playoffs is still exciting .

I

8 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I'd fancy us against anyone at Wembley . A big pitch with our quick forwards and our fantastic support will scare the shit out of anyone in this league .

I'd prefer automatic but the the prospect of the playoffs is still exciting .

But 1 defensive or goalkeeping error, and we end up staying in the Championship.

I'm not sure my heart could cope!

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

But 1 defensive or goalkeeping error, and we end up staying in the Championship.

I'm not sure my heart could cope!

And Gollini saving the deciding penalty in a shootout would have you dancing on tables . 

We are easily one of the better teams in this league yet we are  performing nowhere near to our potential . 

A really good CM signing will unlock our full potential IMO . I don't fear anyone in this league tbh.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villarocker said:

We definitely need a new centre back in January and right now I wouldn't mind if it was Bruce's son, just as long as we get some cover in. 

He knows him well, lad can do a job at this level, I'd take Alex Bruce. Uninspiring but whatever, we have a decent first 3. 

Whilst our home form has been excellent we have big room for improvement in our away form and I am confident this will come especially as under Bruce we have had a really tough run of away games so far. If we can keep up our form at home with 6 of the top 8 still to play at Villa Park this could be a big advantage.

I am really confident we will make the top six especially as it seems we are going to be active in the window and make some early moves to fill the 3 or 4 holes in the squad. If we are with in 5 points of the top six by the end of January, and this is perhaps worse case scenario given our current form, then with the Afcon lads also back then I think we'll be well set for a really strong finish to the season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I still don't think the afcon will affect us that much. Yes Kodjia is a loss but Adomah doesn't get selected and Ayew is hardly a miss. Hopefully, McCormack finds his touch again and rudy can hold the fort

Rudy is awful. Unless you play direct he is useless. We need players that fit in with the style we use so I can see us trying to get cover in. We need McCormack to score to get his confidence up as he'll have a big say in us going up or not. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He knows him well, lad can do a job at this level, I'd take Alex Bruce. Uninspiring but whatever, we have a decent first 3. 

Think he suffered a long term injury in the summer .

As for the play offs I think derby would pose us the most problem but plenty of things could happen before May and there is still hope of automatic .

On 12/10/2016 at 18:06, DCJonah said:

I still can't see the quality needed to win enough games on a consistent basis. 

I don't think we'll be far off but just not sure we have it in us this year. 

It all depends on who we sign in Jan

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not necessarily. 2 points a game would do it. We will have to win a few, yes, but by that measure we have started. 

I think our bigger squad will kick in as factor soon. Look what a few injuries suspensions has done to the noses over the last couple of games.

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think our bigger squad will kick in as factor soon. Look what a few injuries suspensions has done to the noses over the last couple of games.

Do we have a bigger squad than Brighton, Reading, Sheffield, Derby, Huddersfield and Leeds? 

I have no idea as i've never paid any attention to them.

58 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Do we have a bigger squad than Brighton, Reading, Sheffield, Derby, Huddersfield and Leeds? 

I have no idea as i've never paid any attention to them.

We definitely do. Only Newcastle have a squad like ours.