January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

What!....Really?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37938448

Tim Sherwood has been appointed director of football at struggling League One club Swindon Town.

Tim Sherwood has been appointed director of football at struggling League One club Swindon Town.

The former Tottenham manager, 47, has been without a job since being sacked by Aston Villa in October 2015.

Swindon head coach Luke Williams, who signed a five-year deal in March, will remain in his role at the club, who are in the relegation zone after 16 games.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tim Sherwood has been appointed as "Director of Football" at Swindon.

doesnt mess about our old Gobshite-Wide-Boy.

Yeah why take the trouble of relegating QPR when you can go straight to L1 at Swindon.

Prediction.

Tim will sack coach/manager after a few weeks, Take over temporarily, if it goes well he'll claim "Job? Naaah, Not fa may" appoint someone all the while looking for a PL job.

Goes badly, "Big job fa samwan uw nos da league, Em ownlay eer tiw we foyd samwan" Facks off eventually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Yeah why take the trouble of relegating QPR when you can go straight to L1 at Swindon.

Prediction.

Tim will sack coach/manager after a few weeks, Take over temporarily, if it goes well he'll claim "Job? Naaah, Not fa may" appoint someone all the while looking for a PL job.

Goes badly, "Big job fa samwan uw nos da league, Em ownlay eer tiw we foyd samwan" Facks off eventually.

I really, really struggled to understand what Tim was saying here. Not the first time I've said that.

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Prediction.

I'm a bit confused about the role myself, but from what I have read, he will be involved with training. So i'm wondering if it is a ploy to less than gently nudge the current manager out. Although their board statement is politician esque (They will work together etc)

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm a bit confused about the role myself, but from what I have read, he will be involved with training. So i'm wondering if it is a ploy to less than gently nudge the current manager out. Although their board statement is politician esque (They will work together etc)

I'm on your page here JV.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Director of Football organises contracts for the manager but doesn't sack the manager

3 hours ago, Dirk said:

The Director of Football organises contracts for the manager but doesn't sack the manager

Oh I get that, but that wasn't my point, I meant the Board.

How many Director's of Football do you know of who are involved on the training pitch on a day to day basis?

I doubt any manager would like that. "Head Coach" is the title in this case.

5 hours ago, Richard said:

The youth goalkeeper from manure on loan, I just do not see the point of that at all

With Steer out injured we only have one and a half goalkeepers fit

18 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Villa Scout (along with Newcastle/Bristol City/Sunderland amongst others) at Austria - Ireland game this evening.

Looking at that Daryl Horgan fella? 

• Like 1