January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

18 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Gabby injured and out a few weeks so maybe we will try and bring Rhodes in on loan ? 

Unless Bruce thinks McCormack can quickly be reintegrated I think we could definitely do with two forwards coming in. With Gabby out then tonight we will only have Davis on the bench who can play up top.

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Unless Bruce thinks McCormack can quickly be reintegrated I think we could definitely do with two forwards coming in. With Gabby out then tonight we will only have Davis on the bench who can play up top.

Looks like McCormack will be gone today on loan to forest or qpr 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Hogan for me @Deisler123.

Seen Ulloa play a lot and I definitely think he'd improve us. Can't say I know Hogan well at all but he looks like a striker with clever movement and I've been waiting a long long time to see that at Villa. 

The tragic thing is that McCormack is currently the cleverest in the squad with regards to forward movement. And although we have seen flashes of it, I think his attitude and lack of fitness/ mobility has hampered that. So frustrating

• Like 1

Yep I'd agree with that, said in the RMC thread he is/was the perfect piece to finish off what we've built this window. However looks like it's not to be which is a shame but you can't blame anyone but him. 

Also though he may not be as clever technically as RMC, Hogan does look much quicker and having the ability to stretch teams is always a good thing. for instance while it looked like Jack enjoyed linking up with RMC I think he'll enjoy the space created by Hogan much more. If he can get in the team that is! 

It is a big shame about RMC, he's a very clever player (on his day) and was one of the few players in our squad (pre-window) that had an eye for a through ball.

But I'm hoping the new midfield recruits will lessen the burden on any player occupying that no.10 role.  Plus I'd like to see Jack being given more opportunities there to make it his own.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

RHM has really messed up. McCormack and now Gabby unavailable, if he had just go on with it he would've been given a chance. Poorly advised. 

He's still our player isn't he? Or have I missed something?

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

RHM has really messed up. McCormack and now Gabby unavailable, if he had just go on with it he would've been given a chance. Poorly advised. 

Surely RHM can sign his contract anytime? All these new arrivals will give the club such a buzz, perhaps he won't want to be on the outside looking in. Unless he and/or his advisors are so far up themselves that they're already looking through electric gate brochures?