January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I'd be surprised if Bruce thought it was a secret - Taylor has been widely reported - villa transfers suggesting this is a big name signing - can't see that beiNg Taylor - he is probably one of the other 2 with bedeau 

It's either him, or it could be a Premier League 37 cap 27 year old full international in his prime.  Depends how it's spun I suppose :P 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Imagine Ashley Young, Taylor and Rhodes

Johnstone 

Bree       Chester    Baker      Taylor

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Young

Rhodes Kodjia

Bunn, Elphick, Bacuna, Amavi, Jedi, Thor, Grealish,

Thor dropped already? Blimey that was short and sweet. Cant say I ever saw him have a bad game for us

• Like 4

Whoever it is they need to get a shufty on, it's game day tomorrow so they have today and probably tomorrow morning to get bodies in.

I'm really looking forward to the trip to Brentford now and a (rumoured) "big name" signing unveiled before the game will be a massive lift for us and the squad!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Whoever it is they need to get a shufty on, it's game day tomorrow so they have today and probably tomorrow morning to get bodies in.

I'm really looking forward to the trip to Brentford now and a (rumoured) "big name" signing unveiled before the game will be a massive lift for us and the squad!

Hoping we seal this today even though he won't be able to play till tomorrow - I'd rather Bruce concentrated on tomorrow's game without any need to try and sign players tomorrow- lots of games in the top 2 leagues tomorrow so I guess a lot of deals will be pushed through today .

• Like 2

Just now, ViewFromT2 said:

He is rubbish.

I would be so disappointed if it was him. Would rather keep Ayew!

I rate ulloa but I am hoping for bigger name - if the medical is booked for today we would hope for a leak to come somewhere .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

My realistic money is on Ulloa - he needs a club, wouldn't have to move house, has that promotion winning and prem experience. 

I'd definitely take him. would be a good proven option.

I have a feeling that it might be someone from abroad though.

Ulloa would be a great signing.  It would also make sense from a squad POV given the characteristics that we've lost up front by selling Gestede.  I do wonder why he'd drop down a division straight after winning the Premier League title though.  Surely there would be more attractive offers around.  I can't imagine the house moving thing would be a big deal given that that's the life of a footballer any way.

• Like 3

Just now, Eastie said:

I rate ulloa but I am hoping for bigger name - if the medical is booked for today we would hope for a leak to come somewhere .

'rubbish' is harsh probably, but what I mean is that I don't see him to be any better than what we have/had. In fairness why would we Sell Gestede and sign a player like Ulloa? I see them as quite similar types....although I haven't seen all that much of Ulloa.

Does anyone know if they ever found his knee cap in the stand after that tackle from Clarkey a couple of years ago?

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

My realistic money is on Ulloa - he needs a club, wouldn't have to move house, has that promotion winning and prem experience. 

Decent player, though Ranieri has this very day been quoted as saying: "Leo Ulloa is not fit. He is working with the physio" - could be politics, of course.