January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I think the club will announce any signing as soon as it's done, I'm sure they are aware of the fans frustration with this window so far.

Hoping Lansbury is announced today at least, would be nice for Hourihane as well ready for Saturday though.

Then gives us a week to tie up any other deals we have in the pipeline as well as sorting the striker situation. Bit of extra time for Bruce now the Bristol City game has been postponed.

I'm massively frustrated that SB still hasn't signed anyone in the transfer window - for me we are going nowhere if we don't bring in two midfielders asap.  We also could do with a RB (and probably a back-up CB)

I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed Rhodes but then I'm not clear how you fit Ayew, Adomah, Kodija, McCormack and Grealish in the picture - one (or two) of those would need to be moved on

Gabby needs to be sidelined or moved on as a matter of urgency

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I'm massively frustrated that SB still hasn't signed anyone in the transfer window - for me we are going nowhere if we don't bring in two midfielders asap.  We also could do with a RB (and probably a back-up CB)

I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed Rhodes but then I'm not clear how you fit Ayew, Adomah, Kodija, McCormack and Grealish in the picture - one (or two) of those would need to be moved on

My guess is we are trying very hard to get the players we need. but the teams we are trying to buy from are playing hard ball as they know what we desperatly need and are not wanting to lose key players early in the window.

or the chain of transfers is waiting on a key move or too to unravel.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

surely a slow moving burger van would work? driving away from birmingham in any direction ;)

would love gabby to find some sort of form myself, but I appreciate that's as likely as my finally managing to stick it up Naomi Campbell.

• Like 2

Weimann has signed for Wolves, please Lambert take Westwood, Hutton & Gabby now...

Mccormack being linked with a move away, I think it would be best, he may yet come good but age is not on his side. I can't see him contributing much in PL, if we ever get promoted, and he just doesn't seem to fit in, we can't wait all season - I'd rather keep Ayew. Maybe try a swap deal for Cairney with Fulham? I assume we'd be getting Rhodes if that's allowed to happen but sounds like were more willing to sell Ayew to release funds (have to take FFP into account).

Not getting my hopes up about a signing anytime soon but would love to be surprised.

Edited by Jas10

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Weimann has signed for Wolves, please Lambert take Westwood, Hutton & Gabby now...

Mccormack being linked with a move away, I think it would be best, he may yet come good but age is not on his side. I can't see him contributing much in PL, if we ever get promoted, and he just doesn't seem to fit in, we can't wait all season - I'd rather keep Ayew. Maybe try a swap deal for Cairney with Fulham? I assume we'd be getting Rhodes if that's allowed to happen but sounds like were more willing to sell Ayew to release funds (have to take FFP into account).

Not getting my hopes up about a signing anytime soon but would love to be surprised.

If we were to sign Bree, Lansbury, Hourihane and Rhodes, together with somehow getting rid of those you mentioned, wow, that would be one amazing transfer window!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If we were to sign Bree, Lansbury, Hourihane and Rhodes, together with somehow getting rid of those you mentioned, wow, that would be one amazing transfer window!

That would be a dream! Highly unlikely but it would be fantastic. Unfortunately, I think Lambert realises they are shit and that he was forced to work with a lot of shit too...