Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Keith Andrews said something very brief and interesting after the game last night.  He pretty much said that Bristol looked the better side because Lee Johnson is a manager that likes to get on the training pitch to coach his players hence why there was always a man waiting to receive the ball whereas Villa were the total opposite we lacked cohesiveness and ideas as a team. 

Come to  think of it when was the last time Villa have had a manager that could really coach his players on the training pitch?   SB is a man manager,  RDM was a pretender,  Remi Garde perhaps?

In hindsight we should have really thought about the management from last Summer. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Keith Andrews said something very brief and interesting after the game last night.  He pretty much said that Bristol looked the better side because Lee Johnson is a manager that likes to get on the training pitch to coach his players hence why there was always a man waiting to receive the ball whereas Villa were the total opposite we lacked cohesiveness and ideas as a team. 

Come to  think of it when was the last time Villa have had a manager that could really coach his players on the training pitch?   SB is a man manager,  RDM was a pretender,  Remi Garde perhaps?

In hindsight we should have really thought about the management from last Summer. 

I'm not so sure Bruce is a man manager either to be honest .

• Like 1

It's an okay start to the season. At least now we know Bruce will be here when the transfer window closes. He has got in several of his players, so in September I expect a much higher standard of effort and play.

Edited by momo

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Norwich 3-0 down to Millwill. Maybe our one amazing performance wasn't that amazing. 

I was going to suggest this last week but decided to keep my head down, I think they are a really poor side this season.

I'm not sure anything has really changed or improved.

I just don't think we will win enough games under Bruce to go up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, momo said:

It's an okay start to the season. At least now we know Bruce will be here when the transfer window closes. He has got in several of his players, so in September I expect a much higher standard of effort and play.

How is it? We are currently 18th with promoted sides above us in the table. I'm struggling to see how it's an okay start.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I was going to suggest this last week but decided to keep my head down, I think they are a really poor side this season.

I don't think there's any chance we win enough games under him. Which with this squad would be one of the biggest failures of his managerial career. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Para 1 ; yup, said so at the game, Norwich were awful defensively.

Para 2. ; brilliant understatement 

Para 3 ; dead right. We simply don't score anywhere near enough goals and have never looked like doing so.

Paras 2 and 3 pretty much sum it all up for me.

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

How is it? We are currently 18th with promoted sides above us in the table. I'm struggling to see how it's an okay start.

With the cup games, I would say that this is okay for now. Just barely okay. It is not the first 2 games that wins you promotion. It's a marathon, and we will have to wait and see.

As I said, I expect more from the players after the international break. Especially since Brucie has got his players in, like Terry, Elmohamady and Snodgrass.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Okay for Millwall maybe. I feel like people still think we're that team treading water in the PL. We're trying to win the league here. 5 points from 5 wouldn't even be okay in the above scenario.

Nail on the head!

They are so content with mediocrity, they are pleased by "not" losing to Mid to lower table Championship teams, and applaud our "resilience" i.e holding on for dear life.

• Like 1

Just now, momo said:

With the cup games, I would say that this is okay for now. Just barely okay. It is not the first 2 games that wins you promotion. It's a marathon, and we will have to wait and see.

As I said, I expect more from the players after the international break. Especially since Brucie has got his players in, like Terry, Elmohamady and Snodgrass.

There's always some period of time before we can expect things to better. 

Expect more once he signs his own players. Then expect more once those players are settled. Then expect more once he's had a pre season. Now we need the international break. Meanwhile Neil Warnock has Cardiff finishing above us and near the top of the league this season in the same time frame. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

There's always some period of time before we can expect things to better. 

Expect more once he signs his own players. Then expect more once those players are settled. Then expect more once he's had a pre season. Now we need the international break. Meanwhile Neil Warnock has Cardiff finishing above us and near the top of the league this season in the same time frame. 

Sure, this is not an excuse, just a bit of optimism. The kids are doing alright.

Just now, momo said:

The cup games are, in my view at least, meaningless. We've played lower league opposition and not very good ones at that, the results and performances don't have any positive influence on how I assess the start we've made.

We have won 1 from 5 in the league and that was against a side that is really struggling. With the exception of that game and 45 mins against Hull our football has been abysmal and at no point did we look capable of winning the other games.

As I said previous newly promoted sides are performing better than us.

Its a fairly dismal start in my view there isn't anything okay about it. 

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

The cup games are, in my view at least, meaningless. We've played lower league opposition and not very good ones at that, the results and performances don't have any positive influence on how I assess the start we've made.

We have won 1 from 5 in the league and that was against a side that is really struggling. With the exception of that game and 45 mins against Hull our football has been abysmal and at no point did we look capable of winning the other games.

As I said previous newly promoted sides are performing better than us.

Its a fairly dismal start in my view there isn't anything okay about it. 

Well, I see positive signs. As stated above, the kids are doing well. It could be worse, like 0 points ;)

Â