Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yeah, good points. 

I actually agree that right now is probably not the right time. But if we haven't got around 20 points after 10 games I would 100% take the chance and get rid. 

Like you say it's crucial that we go up and if we aren't in the mix after around 10 games I don't see the point in giving him more time to waste. 

100% agree too. If we are not top 4-6 come 10-12 games.. just like RDM i expect Tony to pull the trigger. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheStagMan said:

FWIW I do agree with this. I do think we have misses the boat in sacking him. But I am not going to pretend everything is rosy, and I am fully expecting there to be a point where we have no choice. 

I do disagree with the bold bit though. Yesterday was the exact opposite. 

I meant in his past clubs. For him to get promoted with Hull etc.. they would have had quite a few wins.. including play off finals!

1 minute ago, KSV said:

I meant in his past clubs. For him to get promoted with Hull etc.. they would have had quite a few wins.. including play off finals!

Agreed, but unfortunately he is not replicating that here.

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Agreed, but unfortunately he is not replicating that here.

he will given time.. like i said earlier.. this club was a basket case. He will fix it. If he had Jedinak to bring off the bench to tighten the midfield and win the midfield back.. or Kodjia on the bench o bring on instead of Samba.  I was upset he didnt have RHM though. 

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

I agree but this season is CRUCIAL. 

All the more reason why we have to get rid asp. 

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

We bought players like Elmo who HE wanted. We have a lot of HIS signings.

Like Hurihane and Bree that can't get a look in?

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

Its too late in such a crucial season with parachute payments etc.. we need to go this year.. 

In such a crucial season we can't continue to back a manager that has shown no signs of improvement after 11 months, 2 transfer windows, and a pre season.

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

He has had 4 promotions for a reason.. 

Ian Holloway and Neil Warnock have both got decent promotion records. 

8 minutes ago, KSV said:

I still think Bruce can do the job though.. in the Premier League.. a different story.. no chance.. i would start a fresh. 

Now this i don't understand.

You say you don't think Bruce could do a job in the PL (i agree with that bit), so you would replace him. So you would be happy to go into the PL with a new manager and half a squad (we have a few players out of contract at the end of the season, and loanees returning to their parent clubs), but you're not happy to replace Bruce now because we need stability in this crucial season?

I can't bear this endless manager out talk. Bruce was and is definitely the correct man for the job. I honestly don't think we would ever support a manager. In all my time of supporting Villa, I don't think there has been a manager who we have all got behind.

32 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

My apologies, he has only had 40+ games (including Cup and pre season). Not nearly enough time.... :D

Yes and let's casually forget that he came to Villa having to work with RDM's expensive flops. He's worked some serious magic with the quality and balance of this squad, has had 1 competitive game to use them, but is getting judged almost entirely on what happened last season. I don't see Bruce as an incredibly gifted manager, but I do think that our success depends greatly on who is playing for us, and this season we have some actual quality so I'm optimistic. But as ever, each to their own opinions.

I've had this conversation....

Its getting a bit wearing now watching the same type of performance from Villa.I think that we should be in a position to control games,I also think we have the players to do this.Maybe we were let down by poor finishing yesterday but certainly the slow rise of Hull from Under the cosh to unlucky not to be in front was nothing new and in my opinion avoidable.

Just because I don't like watching this style of play does not mean I want Bruce sacked (as was suggested to me yesterday on our now frequent after match moans on the way back to the car) I think he will get us promoted but it is painful to watch and unconvincing hence the atmosphere in the stadium 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can't bear this endless manager out talk. Bruce was and is definitely the correct man for the job. I honestly don't think we would ever support a manager. In all my time of supporting Villa, I don't think there has been a manager who we have all got behind.

Maybe if we won games like we should be doing there would be no talk.

Instead all were seeing is the same dross and mistakes from last season.

I thought he only needed a preseason to get things right, but all i keep seeing is the same excuses.

Edited by AshVilla

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can't bear this endless manager out talk. Bruce was and is definitely the correct man for the job. 

Ok. I've outlined why i don't think Bruce is the right man. So what have you seen in the last 11 months that makes you think that Bruce is 'definitely the correct man for the job'.

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I honestly don't think we would ever support a manager. In all my time of supporting Villa, I don't think there has been a manager who we have all got behind.

I'm sorry mate but that is complete nonsense. 

Lerner employed lot of sh#t managers, but generally we always support our managers. 

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

We have to have some of the worst fans in England. Wanting a manager out after the first game of the season, no wonder the other fans mock us for being so fickle. 

For the last time. Not one person on this forum or at the ground yesterday wants Bruce out based on yesterday. 

This ridiculous attitude almost implies that a football manger should get a completely clean slate at the start of each season. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

This ridiculous attitude almost implies that a football manger should get a completely clean slate at the start of each season. 

I think a new manager should definitely get to start a new season with a clean slate (note Bruce has never started a season for us before). 

I saw both positives and negatives yday. The negatives could've been avoided though so it's very frustrating especially considering how often we've witnessed that display. If nothing changes after 9 more games I want Bruce gone as well. Do or die now, time to adapt to the modern game or fade into obscurity. Ball's in your park now Steve.

52 minutes ago, av1 said:

All the more reason why we have to get rid asp. 

Like Hurihane and Bree that can't get a look in?

In such a crucial season we can't continue to back a manager that has shown no signs of improvement after 11 months, 2 transfer windows, and a pre season.

Ian Holloway and Neil Warnock have both got decent promotion records. 

Now this i don't understand.

You say you don't think Bruce could do a job in the PL (i agree with that bit), so you would replace him. So you would be happy to go into the PL with a new manager and half a squad (we have a few players out of contract at the end of the season, and loanees returning to their parent clubs), but you're not happy to replace Bruce now because we need stability in this crucial season?

Premier League is a different kettle of fish. Were going to have to sign a new squad to stay up.. like Wyness/Xia have said. Another team to compete. This includes managers. 

He can do the job. How did you not see 'improvement' in yesterdays game? Without 4 of our best players (probably 1 more striker to come) we played Hull off the park. Yes we faltered a little but that happens even to teams like Barcelona. Last season was never going to happen as i mentioned earlier. Lets just wait more than 90 minutes before we go off with his head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sam Allerdyce

..You asked!

Edit:  Actually, sod Allerdyce.

Get Rafa from Newcastle.

Word on the tyne is he is getting pretty fed up with Ashley!.

So, get someone who has retired from football? Or get someone from the league above us? Who probably has absolutely no intention of ever joining us.

Fair enough wanting Bruce out, that's your decision... but at least have some realism for potential replacements.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think a new manager should definitely get to start a new season with a clean slate (note Bruce has never started a season for us before). 

I can't agree with that in this instance mate. 

If Bruce came in and had a poor selection of tools at his disposal, and with that had to muddle along picking up results until he could effect change, then i would agree with you. 

If in pre season he tried to implement a new style of play, or overseen a massive rurn around in playing staff, again, i would agree with you. 

But none of that has happened, infact nothing has happened. Whelan comes in for Jedink, Terry comes in for Baker, and Elmo for Adomah. Yes the individual quality may have increased, but its like for like in terms of the tactics that failed last season. 

When nothing changes I'm not sure how you can clean the slate. 

30 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

We have to have some of the worst fans in England. Wanting a manager out after the first game of the season, no wonder the other fans mock us for being so fickle. 

Well this is utter rubbish.

We do not want the manger out after one game. It is the basis of no improvement shown after 36 games last season - the same weaknesses and faults carrying straight on into this season despite two transfer windows and a pre season.

Â