Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Why do you?? The previous regime are still holding the club back. He most likely could bring in a few more that could improve us if we didnt have the lerner left overs knocking around.

If people dont rate bruce then fine, but this kind of nit picking is just over reaction nonsense. 

It's relative to the other teams in the league - we are a much bigger club than most of the others and have already outspent most of the other sides in the league, we don't need extra big money signings. Our squad is MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH to go up without such excuses. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

That substituition extinguished any remaining confidence Hogan has.

like others have said there were other options available to him.

Very poor sub.

I've said the same in the Hogan thread. The man can't head the ball, and he can barely jump! I don't see the problem with taking him off and bringing on a lump who won every header that was hoofed up to him.

Unfortunately if someone was to write a comedy sketch called "the dinosaur football manager" the skit would go pretty much identical to that second half culminating in lumping the ball up to centrehalf. 

He's not helping himself by pulling that stuff however we should have been out of sight in that first half. The players take the blame for that, he takes the blame for the second half.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not a good day for Bruce in my eyes. Starting with the horrific decision to start Bacuna. He offered nothing. He is shocking. I genuinely hate him. My heart sank when I saw him in the XI. I was glad when the crowd cheered at him going off for Green! 

Then the second half. I expected Hull to try and come at us, but we just allowed them to do it!! I thought the start of the second half was very, very poor. Bruce didn't seem to know how to sort it out. It almost seemed as if Hulls goal made them happy to leave with a point. We should've won it in the end but I wasn't happy with that. 

Big improvement next weekend needed, with no Bacuna in the starting line up! 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was a carbon copy of the garbage Bruce served up last season, he has had a preseason to change things and hasn't achieved anything by the looks of it. 

He never was going to change though was he, this is how he plays. I'm just hoping he intends for the first half display to define his style of football this season rather than the second half.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

By all means throw samba on and go for  it but not by taking hogan off , if you are going to go for it take off a defensive player . 

This for me. Taking off hogan was ridiculous. If anything play samba to win the flick ons for hogan to feed off. Very poor tactics from bruce

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This for me. Taking off hogan was ridiculous. If anything play samba to win the flick ons for hogan to feed off. Very poor tactics from bruce

I'm clutching at straws here but im hoping with big T in attendance that was aimed to highlight our deficiencies in attack......

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm clutching at straws here but im hoping with big T in attendance that was aimed to highlight our deficiencies in attack......

Given we spent nearly £50m on strikers alone last season, big T might be thinking, 'get the hell on with it you fat word removed'.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Given we spent nearly £50m on strikers alone last season, big T might be thinking, 'get the hell on with it you fat word removed'.

I hope so as well. Im trying desperately to ignore those last 15 minutes. Hogan off and Samba on was ludicrous.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dr T will expect results and fast - there can be no excuses this time - a bad start cannot be tolerated and no question yesterday was 2 points dropped.

2 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Samba didn't come on for Hogan? Why would this kill his confidence?

Hogan came off for Onomah in the 78 minute.

Samba came on for Lansbury in 90th.

I think hogan should have stayed on as we were chasing the win and had no striker on the bench .

Are Davis and RHM. both injured ? 

It's not so surprising to see Bruce get tactically owned 2nd half by a manager who's won 3 Russian leagues, managed in the champions league and managed russia. Thought hull had some lovely patterns to their play 2nd half and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he switch grosicki to the right 2nd half ?  Caused a lot of problems.  When Bruce was getting Birmingham out of this league it was full of muggy managers then he struggled in a higher league with better managers. Scrapped over the line with hull last time. Championship much different league now. Some exciting British coaches with progressive ideas in it like dean smith and gary monk but and you may laugh why shouldn't villa make a play for someone like prandelli. Out of work. Wow, imagine the players learning stuff in training! 

Edit..prandelli now manging in dubai and probably earning silly money..oh well

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 2

Said it last year and will say it again, Bruce is managing us like the Noses and Hull.  He has an £80m squad of talent that is being played like an £8m squad.  Instead of being comfortable with the ball and in possession, we play kick and rush.  Instead of dominating and bullying teams by the sheer fact we are Aston Villa like Newcastle did last year, we constantly focus on the perceived "quality" of the opposition and pay them too much respect.

To win games you need to be prepared to lose a few, we are the opposite, we don't want to lose and that stops us committing players forward to secure the win.  I cannot blame the players for that, it is purely coaching and he Managers ethos.

if Bruce stays, we will become what he is, a dour, uninspiring, functional mid table outfit.

• Like 2

Â