Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I admire all of you, who still pay any money to watch our matches. I still love Aston Villa, the club I chose to support when I first started following the sport.

Maybe it's living in another country, Australia.

Maybe it's every time I pay $10 just to watch one match, I get served up dross.

I fell asleep at my computer in the 2nd half on Saturday night, (mind you it was 1230am and I'd been up since 6 in the morning) it was just like all other times I'd bothered to pay $10 to watch my team. Mostly crap.

I don't blame Steve Bruce for us being a mess of a club.

I don't blame him for us being in the championship.

I do blame him for being just plain bored of watching!

Doesn't mean I want him sacked, necessarily. His boring, restrained, defensive, incohesive, non flowing style of play may just do the job. I'll be very happy for him and us if it does.

But I ain't staying up all night and paying a tenner too watch it again. I'll wake up in the morning and check the scores.

The. Football. Is. CRAP.

Yes. He's strangled us horribly.

Once again I will say...if we were getting these results in the premier league, even with these vile performances. It'd be much more acceptable. But we aint.

There's no benefit in trying to grind out results in this league when getting this squad playing would see us promoted automatically without issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I admire all of you, who still pay any money to watch our matches. I still love Aston Villa, the club I chose to support when I first started following the sport.

Maybe it's living in another country, Australia.

Maybe it's every time I pay $10 just to watch one match, I get served up dross.

I fell asleep at my computer in the 2nd half on Saturday night, (mind you it was 1230am and I'd been up since 6 in the morning) it was just like all other times I'd bothered to pay $10 to watch my team. Mostly crap.

I don't blame Steve Bruce for us being a mess of a club.

I don't blame him for us being in the championship.

I do blame him for being just plain bored of watching!

Doesn't mean I want him sacked, necessarily. His boring, restrained, defensive, incohesive, non flowing style of play may just do the job. I'll be very happy for him and us if it does.

But I ain't staying up all night and paying a tenner too watch it again. I'll wake up in the morning and check the scores.

The. Football. Is. CRAP.

If I was you I’d stay in bed on Wednesday mate.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

A Bruce in or out poll on Aston Villa Worldwide on Facebook with 1800 respondents had Bruce in at 75%. 

There's your problem.

Football Facebook groups are full of idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's your problem.

They are, but a 75% Bruce in vote sounds about right to me for the wider fan base.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's your problem.

The one guy the runs AVFC The Pride Live or something or other is a right tool. Talking about going up to Wigan for a scrap after the videos of a bit of a fight when we played them the other week. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's your problem.

To be fair if it’s a simple Bruce in or out then i’d probably say in. 

Whilst i want him gone Im scared of the unknown. 

I wonder if a new CEO will start sounding out replacements. Similar to how Southampton did with Poch. Atkins was doing well but was always going to lose his job.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair if it’s a simple Bruce in or out then i’d probably say in. 

Same.

In an ideal world I'd like to see him replaced, but I'm very unsure if there is a better candidate we could get at the moment.

Sacking for the sake of sacking is dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same.

In an ideal world I'd like to see him replaced, but I'm very unsure if there is a better candidate we could get at the moment.

Sacking for the sake of sacking is dangerous.

I agree, for me it comes down to what connections and ambitions the new guys have.

Best case scenario they have football people lined up who then have a manager and team lined up.

If not they might as well keep Bruce until they do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Unlike this forum, where we are all certified geniuses.

Thanks, I don't particularly like Villa Facebook groups. But as if VillaTalk is any different. If anything I suggest that these platforms give a voice to those wishing to air their grievances, which doesn't widely reflect the feelings of the fan base as a whole. I would have guessed at 75% in support for Bruce too, because at games there is plenty of support for him. 

Nothing wrong with not supporting Bruce by the way, I just do sometimes wonder when I read opinions on VT and other places whether I am reading a majority view. 

I think it would be fair to say that a lot of the fan base are not in love with Bruce's style of play or at least how we've been playing at the start of this season, however it doesn't seem a particularly prudent time to change manager based on this factor alone. I would imagine with a few poor results the 75% support in that poll would slip dramatically. 

I think it's easy to say things like 'We accept mediocracy, I demand better'. But we've got to be pragmatic as a club in what is torturously another 'transition' stage in the club's history. Instant success would be lovely, but we don't seem to have the recipe or ingredients for that. This fabled 'Villa way' hasn't materialised. It's up to our new owners to decide what the 'Villa way' is first whilst also whilst traversing the FFP obstacles. 

I don't think they're quite ready to make that change, but I don't doubt that they'll be thinking about it in the medium-longer term. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

you would sack him today if you called the shots?

If i was calling the shots he would have been sacked months ago. But to answer your question, yes. 

Â