Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

So if the players are no good and I say IF......how can coaching or tactics be expected to make all that right.?.....to the degree we are looking for.

You see, if the players were better, the coaching and tactics would possibly not be so much of an issue.

my point is one problem area, can create so many elsewhere.

I can watch a game right now and drive myself nuts, so much looks wrong.....but I am aware that a few fixes, will have a knock on effect.

How many players in the Yeovil team would get into our starting 11.

They played the better football and were unlucky, they were better organized.

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have a very mixed view on that.

I am very perturbed on his position regarding centre back.....I don't think Axel is ready.....and I think a team going for promotion, could be a challenge for him.....we just can't afford mistakes and he is learning his craft.

He has made some good signings and some not so good....I think he has an even chance against any manager to attract players.....I have never heard anyone turn us down because the football is pants or Bruce has no idea....It seems to me that most prospective players have a contrary view.

I think for one reason or another, he has not been able to secure his first choice players and had to settle for players to suit the book.....Now I know that sounds a bit idealistic, but I think you know what I mean, within the realms of reason.

I think you'll find the left back from Bristol City went to Fulham because he thought the football would suit his game more. I'm not saying the wages weren't a factor also, but he's definitely on record as saying he thinks his game will improve more with the way Fulham play.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ryan Woods.....would have gone for him.

Good player without doubt but I’m impressed with mcginn too.

Woods has torn us apart in recent games but we have jack and mcginn now so hopefully Bruce will send us out more on the front foot - regarding Bruce I think the owners will give him a few games and see where we are - I doubt they will be as generous as xia was I’d results don’t come - he will know his job is on the line if we have a bad spell - therefore let’s play to our strengths and try and kill teams off when on top.

Bruces team selections leave a lot to be desired but as long as he gets results he will get time .

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think you'll find the left back from Bristol City went to Fulham because he thought the football would suit his game more. I'm not saying the wages weren't a factor also, but he's definitely on record as saying he thinks his game will improve more with the way Fulham play.

And the fact they are in the premier league too which was probably more important to him .

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Woods has torn us apart in recent games but we have jack and mcginn now so hopefully Bruce will send us out more on the front foot

I spot a flaw in your plan.

11597957-funny-boy-looking-through-magni

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

6-7 games might be enough for our owners to make a decision on Bruce's suitability to complete the task required. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been working on plan b for a while.

Yep, international break is beckoning I hope ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

6-7 games might be enough for our owners to make a decision on Bruce's suitability to complete the task required. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been working on plan b for a while.

If, and it's a big if, there were any truth to the Henry rumours, it would suggest that they weren't overly struck on Bruce from the outset. 

In which case i would suggest that any slump.in form, coupled with the shit football, and he'll be gone. 

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The owners will not be bothered about popular opinion.

It's his 3rd season and still no improvement in style, no apparent system. We relief all the time on a moment of brilliance a bit of good play. You said yourself we cannot go on playing in this way. A loss in the week and we could be 5 points off the promotion places again............

For me he is not the man to improve us.

But that hasn’t happened...A win and we are on 10 points from 12. Leeds were top at this stage last season look where they ended up.

I think it’s clear for all to see that we are not playing well. But the owners are meant to be clever men. They are not going to get rid of Bruce when he is still getting results, especially when we don’t have a ceo in to make decisions like this. 

19 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Woods has torn us apart in recent games but we have jack and mcginn now so hopefully Bruce will send us out more on the front foot - regarding Bruce I think the owners will give him a few games and see where we are - I doubt they will be as generous as xia was I’d results don’t come - he will know his job is on the line if we have a bad spell - therefore let’s play to our strengths and try and kill teams off when on top.

Bruces team selections leave a lot to be desired but as long as he gets results he will get time .

Hopefully Bruce will send us out on what ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes they did. And no they weren’t. 

I suggest you watch the game once more and read the comments from the match thread, because they were, even the commentators said so

Another disjointed display, no fluency and no identity, it's knee-jerk kick and rush stuff, underpinned by bizarre selection choices, such as Jedinak at centre half (again!) and Tuanzebe at right back. He's totally clueless and we're going to get badly exposed in our next match.

• Like 2

it depends on what the owners want, it depends what they think of what they have seen so far from Bruce and his team/tactics.

I can't imagine there will be too many red flags until we start losing matches, but ultimately Bruce is selling a narrative that he has 'no choice but to play players in the wrong positions because the squad isn't good enough, he's lost all his hand picked loan players from last season.'

Whereas most fans see a squad that is already perfectly capable of promotion if utilised correctly.

I fear he will get some loans in, those loans may fill some gaps in the team and buy Bruce more time, they may even mean we grind out enough results to keep Bruce in the job for another season, but whatever happens it will be going the hardest route.

• Like 1

I think we’ll run clubs have always got a plan B and probably a C,D and E too with regards to their manager. Even Man City will have a future plan, Pepe could just walk away or step under a bus, life can at times be very unpredictable. So with that in mind I would like to think, if our owners are as switched on as we’d like to think they are, the position of manager will have been pretty much one of the things foremost in their minds since, or even before, they bought us. 

I would therefore hope that even if they’re satisfied with Bruce, they will have people looking at the manager’s position regardless. So that the decision isn’t just Bruce in or out, but is always Bruce or manager X,Y or Z. And that analysis will be ongoing and constantly changing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it depends on what the owners want, it depends what they think of what they have seen so far from Bruce and his team/tactics.

I can't imagine there will be too many red flags until we start losing matches, but ultimately Bruce is selling a narrative that he has 'no choice but to play players in the wrong positions because the squad isn't good enough, he's lost all his hand picked loan players from last season.'

Whereas most fans see a squad that is already perfectly capable of promotion if utilised correctly.

I fear he will get some loans in, those loans may fill some gaps in the team and buy Bruce more time, they may even mean we grind out enough results to keep Bruce in the job for another season, but whatever happens it will be going the hardest route.

That's exactly how i see it. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I would therefore hope that even if they’re satisfied with Bruce, they will have people looking at the manager’s position regardless. So that the decision isn’t just Bruce in or out, but is always Bruce or manager X,Y or Z. And that analysis will be ongoing and constantly changing. 

X,Y and Z can't be much cop given Bruce is still here ?

The sooner is he gone the better. Iv said it for a long time but we are going nowhere under him.

Why is he playing a right back at left back, a centre back at right back, a right back at right wing and a centre mid at centre back? That's a massive problem in itself and wont help the team be able to play fluid football and it's why we look so disjointed.

We have no real threat down the wings due to our full backs being well below par with what Id expect out of a full back, this is made 10x worse by them being played out of position. With this being the case we don't need to ever see a team with more than one of Thor/Jedinak/Whelan in CM.

McGinn will be a good addition at but for the most part when we have the ball we struggle to get it to our forward players in the positions they need to receive it. Grealish is coming deep in order to get the ball and we need him higher up the pitch, when he does this we have nothing forward and its easy for teams to defend against.

On paper it looks like a good start to a season but Hull gifted us that win, we scraped a last minute winner v Wigan and couldn't score past 10 men for over 60 minutes yesterday. These teams are going to be bottom half teams most likely and it's been a struggle IMO.

We've tried the approach of getting back to the Prem as quickly as possible and it hasn't worked. Can we not try building something for the future?

• Like 4

Â