Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No way can Bruce come with us if we get promoted, he lost the skill to manage Premier League years ago. I'm actually fighting off the half of me wanting to stay in this league for the competitive football, its nice to compete rather than, "we go again" type football. If it wasn't for the money and maybe loss of players, I would be happy to stay another season, Premier league lately is pants, you obviously just buy your wins in the league.

As for a change of manager, I wouldn't take Warnock, although I have seen his passion giving the players a bollocking, an I just can't see Bruce acting in this manner, half time team takes rarely change anything. Sean Dyche is the man we need, if we had any chance, I would even take him this late in the season.

This is the issue with sacking a manager and finding a new man.

Dyche would be the ideal choice and if he was available I’d jump at the chance.

However, the worry is that of available managers the pickings are very slim. You have to then look at their qualities in comparison to Bruce - who as much as he’s criticised is a decent manager at this level if not the guy to take us up - other managers are going to have their faults that fans will jump on when we lose games.

If we are going to replace him it has to be when someone with the qualities we need either becomes available in this country or is showing them at a lower standard abroad.

A knee jerk sacking at this time is not helpful even if Bruce is frustrating at the moment.

• Like 1

I understand it must be hard to make an analysis close after the game, but it really annoys me that Bruce (almost) never mentions specifics in his interviews.

It's always "disappointed, gifted them a goal, didn't do enough on the day, key battles, big Mile, perhaps I should have...."

You can pretty much take the whole interviews and apply them to Ice Hockey or Basketball for all the mention of actual football specifics.

I want a manager who is able to explains what he did (tried to do) and why he did so. What the plan was and his thinking behind it.

For the better teams this is usually pretty visual and self explanatory without the manager telling you what the plan was. 

But for us until the "Villa Engine :)" is in place  I want a manager who can do this.

Guess it doesn't help that the guy doing the interviews don't seem to interested in deeper analyzing either...

• Like 4

I was disappointed when we appointed Steve Bruce. My opinion was that SB is a nice bloke but an outdated manager. Nothing that I've seen this season has changed my mind. Steve still has a chance to get us promoted, because the other teams competing for the third promotion place aren't particularly outstanding. I hope he does it, and then is replaced by a manager with an up to date tactical grasp of what is needed in the 2018/19 season. If we don't get promoted then I'll wish him well for doing his best for us, and then hopefully we will finally sign the right manager for the Villa job. We haven't got our managerial appointment right for so long (in my opinion), but this time the right manager has to be our 100% focus. Forget signing "key" players, if the manager can't coach a system that gets the best out of them, then we will waste yet another season.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was disappointed when we appointed Steve Bruce. My opinion was that SB is a nice bloke but an outdated manager. Nothing that I've seen this season has changed my mind. Steve still has a chance to get us promoted, because the other teams competing for the third promotion place aren't particularly outstanding. I hope he does it, and then is replaced by a manager with an up to date tactical grasp of what is needed in the 2018/19 season. If we don't get promoted then I'll wish him well for doing his best for us, and then hopefully we will finally sign the right manager for the Villa job. We haven't got our managerial appointment right for so long (in my opinion), but this time the right manager has to be our 100% focus. Forget signing "key" players, if the manager can't coach a system that gets the best out of them, then we will waste yet another season.

Who would you suggest to replace him ? 

‘I think either way he will be gone .

How about Danny Cowley? Doing a fine job at Lincoln, only a matter of time before a bigger club come calling. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

How about Danny Cowley? Doing a fine job at Lincoln, only a matter of time before a bigger club come calling. 

Big step from Lincoln to villa though - I’m cautious as I remember graham turner :(

Just now, av1 said:

If he's reading this I hope he's milking all the praise. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Would a manager like this attract a Terry and/or a Snodgrass to the club though?  Doubt it.  

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Would a manager like this attract a Terry and/or a Snodgrass to the club though?  Doubt it.  

No idea.

Does he play golf? :)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Big step from Lincoln to villa though - I’m cautious as I remember graham turner :(

Good point - Graham Turner a really lovely man but the burden of managing a massive club weighed to heavy upon his shoulders. my choice is Eddie Howe 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Good point - Graham Turner a really lovely man but the burden of managing a massive club weighed to heavy upon his shoulders. my choice is Eddie Howe 

Don’t think Howe would leave Bournemouth - if we got promoted though maybe he would - I think Sean dyche is ready to make a move to a bigger club and we could tempt him as a premier club - Rafa would be the dream choice though .

26 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yes - Aston Villa FC is the attraction not Steve Bruce.

Clearly we have not been winning things like Chelsea have in recent years but for tradition, fan base & heritage we are every bit as big as Chelsea 

• Like 1

What kind of message does it send for the manager to claim he’s not given his future any  thought ? 

‘Maybe the fact they haven’t even discussed next season with him would set alarm bells ringing in his head ? 

Your future

“I’ve never given it a thought.

“Obviously it helps me if we go up.

“If we don’t, that’s for others to decide.

“I hope they think that we’re on the right track and let’s have another go, but I really don’t know.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-premier-league-excites-14501508#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don’t think Howe would leave Bournemouth - if we got promoted though maybe he would - I think Sean dyche is ready to make a move to a bigger club and we could tempt him as a premier club - Rafa would be the dream choice though .

I honestly don't think we have much chance of tempting Rafa - Howe might feel he is ready once more for a new challenge having done a remarkable job with Bournemouth - but can he do any more ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I honestly don't think we have much chance of tempting Rafa - Howe might feel he is ready once more for a new challenge having done a remarkable job with Bournemouth - but can he do any more ?

A lot would depend on how much xia is prepared to spend I guess .

Â