Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was about to make the change in the 60th minute or so at 1-0. I think even at 2-0 it's way to soon to change the dynamics of the team by taking 2 keys players off and moving  people around the way he did. 

He in affect made 3 changes and it changed the dynamics of the team and helped Burton get back in the game in my opinion. 

Making like for like changes would have made more sense at that stage if it was about resting players. 

Im happy we won and it's not a big deal. I just think the change at that stage of the game was a bit odd. 

Against better opposition i'd be inclined to agree.

I think he thought, as we all did, that at 2-0 it was game over. 

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I wasn't a fan of the subs but there isn't much you can do when your defence forgets to do the basics. I attach no blame and we should be more than good enough to shut up shop.

I don't know what it is about this team and going 2 goals up and just switching off. **** all you can do. Players need to take responsibility.

I think it happens in football in general. The team will start to naturally sit and it lets the opposition have a lot of the ball. Then if they score panic starts to set in.

We dealt with it well in the main. 

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Against better opposition i'd be inclined to agree.

I think he thought, as we all did, that at 2-0 it was game over. 

Fair point but he was about to make the change at 1-0. Not sure if he changed who he was going to take off though after the second went in. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point but he was about to make the change at 1-0. Not sure if he changed who he was going to take off though after the second went in. 

Either way though, Onomah and Elmo for Snodgrass and Adomah isn't exactly changing the shape massively. We just switched off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was about to make the change in the 60th minute or so at 1-0. I think even at 2-0 it's way to soon to change the dynamics of the team by taking 2 keys players off and moving  people around the way he did. 

He in affect made 3 changes and it changed the dynamics of the team and helped Burton get back in the game in my opinion. 

Making like for like changes would have made more sense at that stage if it was about resting players. 

Im happy we won and it's not a big deal. I just think the change at that stage of the game was a bit odd. 

Were Snoddy and Albert not injured? If not, yes it was a gamble but, we won do fair play to the manager for protecting them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not trying to be disrespectful, but you need to watch him on the touch line and listen to his comments in Interviews.

He has said:

• "You are only as good as your forward line"

Now that does not strike me as a manager who is unaware of the benefits of attacking football.

He has done many times at Home:

• Waving the players forward, when we are sitting back

Now that does not strike me as a manager that has given instructions to play deep.

Anyone is entitled to think what they like regarding our team and the manager, I just think SOME things about Steve Bruce are wide of the mark.

I’m not being disrespectful but i watch plenty of Bruce interviews and hardly miss a match. It’s not great a shock Hogan is scoring when we pass the ball better and actually put crosses in the box. Bruce pick a bench again today with 4 defenders and a midfielder who prefers to play in centre midfield but Bruce plays him further forward. Bruce coaches the players all week if they aren’t doing what he says get ones who will.  I’ve no idea what things you think are wide of the mark but I’ve seen in numerous posts you don’t think managers affect players that much where I and most people do. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean decision wise, subs etc.

It thought that about today's decisions wise but since finding out both Adomah and Snodgrass were injured his decisions made sense.

But yes I reckon he will be come under more scrutiny if he has a lot of options and doesn't get it right. For a while the team was picking itself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It thought that about today's decisions wise but since finding out both Adomah and Snodgrass were injured his decisions made sense.

But yes I reckon he will be come under more scrutiny if he has a lot of options and doesn't get it right. For a while the team was picking itself. 

Didn't know this either, but fair play.

My though was that is could also have been to solidify the middle and protect the 2- 0.

However just hope we don't start getting wacky decisions again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

I’m not being disrespectful but i watch plenty of Bruce interviews and hardly miss a match. It’s not great a shock Hogan is scoring when we pass the ball better and actually put crosses in the box. Bruce pick a bench again today with 4 defenders and a midfielder who prefers to play in centre midfield but Bruce plays him further forward. Bruce coaches the players all week if they aren’t doing what he says get ones who will.  I’ve no idea what things you think are wide of the mark but I’ve seen in numerous posts you don’t think managers affect players that much where I and most people do. 

Well, most people do not influence me, one way or the other.

Who do you think should have been on the bench today then, instead of who.

we have just seen a window close and we have no wiggle room with FFP, so under the circumstances, i think the club has done well.

I think the team is short of players who are comfortable running with the ball....Hutton, Jack, Snoddy are exceptions, but we need more.

However, we have just won 6 on the spin against teams who equally want to beat us....for the first time since Graham Taylors days.

is it not a time to be positive about what we do, do well.....because, there must be something.

.....and i do think managers affect games, usually by what they do in the week.......but perhaps not as much as you do, particularly when the game is in motion.......I happen to think the players have more of a say when the whistle blows.

A stupid attempted clearance from a player who failed to close down their wide men during the game and a flick on from a player who had just come on and had not got in the groove.

nothing to do with who came on......just players not doing their job.

• Like 1

Â