Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be absolutely hilarous if us and derby went up and wolves fell into the play offs. If that happened I don't think they would have the mental strength to win in the play offs.

Then next season they would be in massive trouble with FFP

It would be hilarious just to see what the Wolves-admiring-brigade on here think of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Possibly, but without wishing to further the 'Bruce is shit, nah he's decent' debate, we weren't doing terribly before Agnew came in, the football was just rather dull for the most part.

Which I also mentioned earlier. Our football was crap and needed sorting. That was the biggest bone of contention with Bruce. Thankfully Agnew seems to have sorted it. Even Birkir has said we’ve been better drilled recently. 

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Which I also mentioned earlier. Our football was crap and needed sorting. That was the biggest bone of contention with Bruce. Thankfully Agnew seems to have sorted it. Even Birkir has said we’ve been better drilled recently. 

Bildresultat för kenneth williams

56 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

They are.  It's an incredible squad they've got there.

Interesting to note, though, that they've only won 2 of their last 6 league games and haven't scored in the last 3...

They were due a sticky patch, unfortunately I still think they have a brilliant squad and expect them to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it atm

2 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

They were due a sticky patch, unfortunately I still think they have a brilliant squad and expect them to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it atm

Good squad yes but not brilliant .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

If Bruce wanted Agnew to help rectify the problem then you can see why it didn't happen sooner.

Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of other attacking coaches out there but managers tend to go with what they know. It's coming together nicely and at the right time.

But surely you agree it would have been much better if it had come together nicely several months ago.  When we were playing poorly and slipping backwards in the table for example?

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

But surely you agree it would have been much better if it had come together nicely several months ago.  When we were playing poorly and slipping backwards in the table for example?

I think a lot of credit must also go to Grealish who was missing for several months - had he been available then Bruce would have had better options available to him at that time 

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good squad yes but not brilliant .

Far from it in fact, it's not as though they've been blowing everyone away each week.

Who knows, they've given themselves a great head-start going into the second half of the season but teams have looked just as good as them before and have proceeded to make a mess of it ultimately.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Far from it in fact, it's not as though they've been blowing everyone away each week.

Who knows, they've given themselves a great head-start going into the second half of the season but teams have looked just as good as them before and have proceeded to make a mess of it ultimately.

This.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be absolutely hilarous if us and derby went up and wolves fell into the play offs. If that happened I don't think they would have the mental strength to win in the play offs.

Then next season they would be in massive trouble with FFP

Wolves are a good traditional club. I, for one, would not wish them ill.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not even to benefit us?

I'd wish ill on any team in the land if it benefited Villa.

Unlikely that Wolves will fall that far, and I think we will go up with them anyway.

I prefer to save my ill wishes for Manchester United.

• Like 1

Can we catch Wolves can’t we catch Wolves will they fall apart or surge ahead, will we kick on or falter, is it Play Offs, is it Top 2, can we win it, will we collapse, has Agnew helped, is it because Grealish is playing well, will the weather play a part with our Portuguese friends ?

Ive no idea but I know one thing, for the first time for nearly 10 years it’s exciting !!

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

They are.  It's an incredible squad they've got there.

Interesting to note, though, that they've only won 2 of their last 6 league games and haven't scored in the last 3...

They’ve won 3 of last 6 unless I’m very mistaken ? And only lost 1 in 14. And it’s only the last 2 they’ve not scored....which is something but not as good as 3 !

Im not being a grouch but I just think the various assertions made as to Wolves having a blip etc are a tad optimistic.

By their own high standards they’ve dropped a shade but in my view it needs a lot more to say they are stumbling. 

I hope  it happens but in reality 2nd is just as good and we’ve done a great job getting into contention for that.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

They’ve won 3 of last 6 unless I’m very mistaken ? And only lost 1 in 14. And it’s only the last 2 they’ve not scored....which is something but not as good as 3 !

Im not being a grouch but I just think the various assertions made as to Wolves having a blip etc are a tad optimistic.

By their own high standards they’ve dropped a shade but in my view it needs a lot more to say they are stumbling. 

I hope  it happens but in reality 2nd is just as good and we’ve done a great job getting into contention for that.

They haven't won in their last 4 games (league and cup) scoring just one goal in the 2-1 defeat at Swansea.

Normally I wouldn't bother factoring cup games in but they (rightly) put out a strong(ish) side in both games against Swansea, and ran them close!

Â