Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

While I appriecate it's all relative the key difference is Liverpool haven't failed to beat us in 4 games and been totally out played by us in the other 3. 

Well there was the semifinal. (clutching at straws) 

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I would never trust a former player in such matters. What is he gonna say, out in the open? Furthermore we don't know his agenda, if he has one...

its hard to argue with that.....but he didn't have to say it.

some of these former players are villa fans too now and they are anxious to know whats wrong.

Edited by TRO

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In my opinion I have seen nothing to prove otherwise.

So if, for example, we sacked Bruce on January 2nd after two losses, you can’t feasibly see us climbing back into the play-off places with a new manager?

That seems overly negative to me Rigo. We’ve got the players to easily win 2,3,4 games on the bounce, which can climb most teams up a few positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@TRO

I'm with you. The problems do not all lie with Steve Bruce. Something fundamentally wrong. I'm thinking maybe it's the pressure. I doubt many of these players have ever played for a team when failing to win in 2-3 games feels like a crisis. 

They have bottled it yet again. 

It could be....its anyones call.

most managers 12 months with us look drained & beat up.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So if, for example, we sacked Bruce on January 2nd after two losses, you can’t feasibly see us climbing back into the play-off places with a new manager?

That seems overly negative to me Rigo. We’ve got the players to easily win 2,3,4 games on the bounce, which can climb most teams up a few positions.

On Paper.

I think he will go On Jan 2nd if we lose the next 2.....and i think we will on that form.

It does depend on who we bring in, but I would not be too sure on your claim.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@TRO

I'm with you. The problems do not all lie with Steve Bruce. Something fundamentally wrong. I'm thinking maybe it's the pressure. I doubt many of these players have ever played for a team when failing to win in 2-3 games feels like a crisis. 

They have bottled it yet again. 

I’ve said it elsewhere but, to add to your post, this is the most overrated Villa squad I’ve known in a long time. The perceived talent just isn’t there. Aside from Chester and Terry (maybe Kodjia and an on form Adomah), it’s a woefully average squad. How people think having players like Whelan, Hourihane, Gabby, Jedinak, Onomah, Snodgrass, Hutton, Lansbury, and Elphick equals having one of the best, if not the best, squad in the division is beyond me. How the **** we’ve spent all the money we have and ended up with so much mediocrity is utterly shambolic. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

To be honest I think we can win 2,3,4 on the bounce with Bruce when the fixtures become a little kind. As we did earlier on the season.But the team will only get horribly exposed against better teams again.

Hopefully under a new manager things may change. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

On Paper.

I think he will go On Jan 2nd if we lose the next 2.....and i think we will on that form.

It does depend on who we bring in, but I would not be too sure on your claim.

I wasn’t predicting what will happen, by the way, I was just suggesting that we still have time to get playoffs if Bruce was to be sacked in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’ve said it elsewhere but, to add to your post, this is the most overrated Villa squad I’ve known in a long time. The perceived talent just isn’t there. Aside from Chester and Terry (maybe Kodjia and an on form Adomah), it’s a woefully average squad. How people think having players like Whelan, Hourihane, Gabby, Jedinak, Onomah, Snodgrass, Hutton, Lansbury, and Elphick equals having one of the best, if not the best, squad in the division is beyond me. How the **** we’ve spent all the money we have and ended up with so much mediocrity is utterly shambolic. 

I totally agree with this. Very over rated and average a best. I don't know what fans are seeing either when they think this team should be easily challenging for top 2. I've seen nothing from them as individuals to suggest they are anything special. 

Thats why I think it won't be as simple as a new man comes in and we start winning games. We need a lot of changes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

My main hope is that we don't hit 2,000 posts and he's still here.

I'm hoping for less than 1,500 and gone.

While we're on the subject, I'm hoping we don't reach 1,403 pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is bound to be some villa fan somewhere that knows Dean Smith.

It would be very interesting to hear his rendition of whats wrong with this Villa Team.....I'll bet he knows more than you think.

There's alot of arrogance in the game. You get these young players signing lucrative contracts they begin to think they are untouchable. Not being arsed in the odd game is not going to ruin their career, and reduce there 15-20k a week salary.

It takes a special manager to manage players these days and to keep the respect, most of them played better when we had Terry, its no coincidence they worked harder with a Premiership winner in the squad.

I also think they are being held back by Bruce with his style of play. This only pisses off players that want the free role, or need the service to perform. We haven't got players that can make something out of nothing, so they need the service, frack me, Bruce still don't know his best team, it seems most of the time he is still experimenting.

38 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It would depend Rob.

How long will it take to appoint the new manager (how many games go by while we are in caretaker mode), secondly that manager will need to be of a calibre of obtaining 2 points per game ratio from January until the end of the season.

I have not seen much that will prove this scenario wrong.

My apologies if it is negative but I am not filled with confidence by our so called 'football people' calling the shots to see anything positive at this moment in time.

9 minutes ago, vreitti said:

We will almost certainly lose the next two games. Bruce can't possibly survive that!?

Yes he can. Sadly, I think he will.

I don't think Wyness and Round will have thought about a potential replacement at all.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If every single fan has considered a potential replacement what makes you think Wyness and Round haven't? 

They enjoy their back slapping meetings and each others' company too much.

Old school is pro old school.

Unfortunately I think we will keep him till the end of the season.

As for Dean Smith, he may be a good coach, but it hardly means he could manage a club like ours. I mean, what other teams are looking to poach him. No one else in the Championship that we know of have even considered him, an he is certainly not for the Premiership,  not just yet!  Like I have said before, I just don't believe he is for our club, Brentford's a walk in the park, no real pressure for promotion, he would end up a broken man, like many before.

Â