Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, USA_Villa said:

Just read the following, it about sums up how bad things are, and how we need a change:

Popular bookmaker, bet365, have been reflecting on the result at Griffin Park, highlighting that in Villa’s 18 months in the Championship, they have spent more on transfers than Brentford have in their entire history.

Wow.   He needs sacked for this alone!

Last night we looked like a team from the Vanarama league.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

(Of course, if we lose/ draw the next few, then the calls for Bruce's head will become louder and louder, and I doubt even Wyness will be able to say that his chances of getting us back in the play-off places are realistic, so that'll probably be when the trigger is pulled).

Which by then will be too late to do anything.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Where's the objective crtitism from the press?  There's none, the local media are hopeless sycinfants. The mail is next to usless , the sooner a rival newspaper or online platform serving the Midlands is born the better for us all. 

Yep, so concerned with losing access they will never criticise. Fan channels like villa view could offer that balance but unfortunately they seem to have jumped at the chance to be a promotional tool for the club (can't really blame them)  

• Like 1

I just can't put into words how angry I was watching that last night. Brentford were fluent in there play, had a plan, were first to every ball and more worrying looked fitter than us all over the park. We are an absolute nothing team under this clown, his only thought last night was to play jedinak and Whelan in midfield hoping he could stop them playing, without actually thinking what we were gonna do ourselves. This style of negative football managment is a dying breed thank god, unfortunately we have one of the last few here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

I just can't put into words how angry I was watching that last night. Brentford were fluent in there play, had a plan, were first to every ball and more worrying looked fitter than us all over the park. We are an absolute nothing team under this clown, his only thought last night was to play jedinak and Whelan in midfield hoping he could stop them playing, without actually thinking what we were gonna do ourselves. This style of negative football managment is a dying breed thank god, unfortunately we have one of the last few here

Like the free-flowing football that football visionary Neil Warnock is doing at Cardiff? Or the same style that Boro, one of the plum jobs in the division, have plucked Pulis from the golf course for? 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Where's the objective crtitism from the press?  There's none, the local media are hopeless sycinfants. The mail is next to usless , the sooner a rival newspaper or online platform serving the Midlands is born the better for us all. 

Bruce's pals and chums you mean?

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Like the free-flowing football that football visionary Neil Warnock is doing at Cardiff? Or the same style that Boro, one of the plum jobs in the division, have plucked Pulis from the golf course for? 

What are you trying to say?

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Warnock has never been a negative a Manager.

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

That's the thing though, isn't it - as the manager, it is his job to sort this out. he hasn't, and seems surprised it is still happening. Has to go. "the players are s**t" or "the players aren't performing" are the things HE is responsible for fixing - get some that aren't s**t (these are mostly his signings) and make the one's who aren't performing, perform and if they don't, then stop bloody playing them.

Its his responsibility absolutely no doubt.....but Steve Cotterill comes out now and says to blues fans" if you only knew th half of it" now what does that mean a cop out or a truism.

We could have a similar situation, who knows.

We need some honesty......because what I am watching doesn't even resemble football.....Onomah's bum clearance was laughable if it wasn't so serious.

I fear if we sack him, we are just taking a rain check.....but what other alternative is there?

Will Dean Smith come in and in a few months say " You don't know the half of it"?.......It wouldn't surprise me.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is getting boring and uncalled for. Just because some fans dont feel the need to mention how upset they are with Bruce in every post they write, It doesn't mean yesterday's performance is acceptable.

Absolutely right.

words fail me as to what I thought of the game......I didn't actually think we could stoop that low.

• Like 1

I see no reason to hint at some sor5 of behind the scenes darkness ?

There could be, but so could ther3vbe at most Clubs.

Cause or effect in Cotterils case .?

Just going on our own eyes is enough for now IMO - we are poorly coached and overly negative.

Thats the Manager.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

For me it's because since MON left we have made bad decisions attempting short term fixes. Not once have we tried to build something successful with a plan. So the short term fix doesn't work because we make bad decisions and we end up at the same point again. 

probably right yeah......trying to clamber back, with just a desperate plan at hand.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I see no reason to hint at some sor5 of behind the scenes darkness ?

There could be, but so could ther3vbe at most Clubs.

Cause or effect in Cotterils case .?

Just going on our own eyes is enough for now IMO - we are poorly coached and overly negative.

Thats the Manager.

Terry, Lee Hendrie reckons not.....He says the coaching is ok.

Thats my point.....we see the **** but what really is causing it......We all know the manager is responsible, but how many times have we said the same thing and how many times will we say it again.....somebody close to the club knows.

There has to be a common denominator.

(By the way I never really rated Lee Hendrie,but so what, but he should know when coaching is ok and when its not)

Â