Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

If Bruce actually wants to see us succeed, he needs to change his approach, bench some of these has beens, and give youth a chance against Boro. Sure it's a risky move, but we're playing like crap anyway, so it can't really turn out much worse. At least us, the fans would get behind him, and that could very well be become a turning point. 

He's not going to change his approach.  We all know that which is why we want rid.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Bruce is almost 60, he's not going to change.

If anything he'll get even more cautious the worse things get because that is what he feels comfortable with.

Safety, experienced heads, defense before attack, and if that doesn't work, even more caution.

Agreed. Just thought I'd give him an idea of what to do, as he isn't able to come up with anything new on his own...

As I know he frequently visits this board...

• Like 1

Dr Xia, in the unlikely event that you are reading this forum, here's my expert advice to you:

1. Sack Bruce now and employ Dean Smith. He's managed against the Villa four times and never lost. Three of these were against Bruce and we got away with murder in the 0-0 draw.
  2. Ask yourself why Steve Bruce is so hesitant to bring youth in to the game. Don't count Davies as he had no other option that day and it saved his bacon. Brentford had a 20-year old playing at center half that had come up through the U23 from last season and he was superb. we have better youth talent and they don't get a sniff.
  3. At no time has anyone ever said I want us to play like a Steve Bruce team. why is that? Because it's the most unimaginative, negative, boring brand of football imaginable. Now the results are matching the football. These days you cannot live on grinding out 1-0, or 2-1 results. The influx of foreign players has meant that the championship game is more technical, dynamic and strategic than ever before. It has left Bruce behind.
  4. Please employ a manager that has earned their FIFA Pro licence, not given one. Dean Smith earned his Pro license from years of studying tactics, taking exams, managing semi-pro teams, youth teams, etc. It was handed to him like it was for Bruce, who got his by attending a 1-day course because he was grandfathered in.

Ask yourself, does Steve Bruce get the best of of this team? If the answer is No, and we know it's no, then you know the right thing to do. As a businessman you have never been afraid of making a tough decision. This is an easy one.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Bruce wants us back in the PL? Would be a bit of a concern if he didn't.

Hendrie really showing his knowledge of football there.

Sure he stayed on Sky we kept the ball well

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t really see why wyness gets so much stick. 

He’s made one appointment which, whilst it hasn’t worked out, was by your own admission an obvious appointment to make at the time. I think most people agree with that. 

So why does he get so much stick?

honest question. 

For me, it was not sacking him at the end of last season and for giving him so much time this season. 

• Like 2

I want to know what went wrong from a playing point of view, where it went wrong tactically . It's not good enough to say we was unlucky or its our time for a blip. I want to know why Brentford looked affective and why we didn't .

Wyness should also want to know , it's not good enough to lose games and then just waffle a mish mash of poor excuses for us not performing anywhere on the pitch 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

I disagree they have played like that every time I’ve seen them. They’ve just thrown it away a few times against other sides who have also been coached.

But Terry, why are they not top of the league.....because they can't defend in comparison, to their offensive capability.

To get out of this league, you have to be able to do both. 

I understand the constraints Dean Smith has, but that does not automatically mean, with money, he will be better.....it doesn't always work like that.I am not sure he is right for us.

I do get the notion, this can't continue, but cutting our nose off to spite our face is not the answer either.

I do think we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.....and the club need to come up with some honest comments and transparency, to us.

I do have a change of heart and I don't think we will do anything to write home about with Steve Bruce....he looks a lost soul right now.If these players are good enough which many fans think they are, they certainly allow that superior ability to be negated by sides committed to movement, passion and desire, very, very easily.

I have huge doubts about many of our players ( and i am not just talking ability)and the manager has to take responsibility for that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

it's as much the provider of all truth as VT is. and yes from the fans (obviously wouldnt get one from the club) and the names on the next villa manager poll here either dont fill me with confidence or are unrealistic

I wouldn't claim VT is an indicator of the truth. I just found it amusing that part of his defence was that it was only a handful of people on here who didn't want him. 

And why would you want a list from fans? I doubt any fan has extensive knowledge of managers all over the world and how open to a move they would be. As a professional club, i would hope we would be looking at a wider list than one an everyday fan could produce. Wyness leading it doesn't fill me with much hope though. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t really see why wyness gets so much stick. 

He’s made one appointment which, whilst it hasn’t worked out, was by your own admission an obvious appointment to make at the time. I think most people agree with that. 

So why does he get so much stick?

honest question. 

Why???

Has this not been answered 500 times already? Or is it blind faith that still begs the question?

1 hour ago, Bunnski said:

I'd take 2 losses in those games if it meant Bruce getting the sack, don't like thinking like that but the life has been drained out of me as a Villa fan and I just want Bruce gone now no matter how. I guess the problem is also that the likes of wyness and round need to go as well as they will probably hire another dinosaur long ball shit manager. I'd love us to give Dean Smith a shot at it here and give him the time Bruce has had to try get the club firing again.

Oh oh. There will be outrage on here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

I want to know what went wrong from a playing point of view, where it went wrong tactically . It's not good enough to say we was unlucky or its our time for a blip. I want to know why Brentford looked affective and why we didn't .

Wyness should also want to know , it's not good enough to lose games and then just waffle a mish mash of poor excuses for us not performing anywhere on the pitch 

I totally agree, we need some honest answers.....too much covering up at B6 for too long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

According to "that" article he hardly knows how to turn on his computer by his own admission.

That's what I read, that's why I was wondering how he found his way here. Now we know what Calderwood does. :P

Edited by villianusa

Â