Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Agree in a term. but no one can say we were quality, an just out played by Brentford. We were shocking, did you see how many times we lost the ball. This was not because we were outclassed by a master tactician. Its because we were absolutely shit!!!

Brentford won 8 drew 10, 12th in the table. We drew last game 0-0. Can't really see this quality coached side, average at best, an whatever is said, they do have a few quality players in that squad. 

They have a few but we, on paper and experience, have more. Their coach gets them playing above their group level. Our coach has a team that should be top two in this league but we struggle every time we play anyone half decent who can play a bit of football. 

Bruce says we'll be better on Saturday. How many fans think we will be better enough to actually win that game? I'm not one of them, thats for sure. 

Edited by villarocker

It's not a master tactician we need ,just someone with the passion to inspire us to play like an Aston Villa team should play ,with purpose, poise, panache and a belief to try and win every game we play . Nothing less than those qualities should be acceptable. 

Now to find the manager to instill such qualities, because believe me ,he's out there somewhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

While I appriecate it's all relative the key difference is Liverpool haven't failed to beat us in 4 games and been totally out played by us in the other 3. 

And are quite literally in a different league to us.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@TRO

I'm with you. The problems do not all lie with Steve Bruce. Something fundamentally wrong. I'm thinking maybe it's the pressure. I doubt many of these players have ever played for a team when failing to win in 2-3 games feels like a crisis

They have bottled it yet again. 

5 games

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Based on what? why must something be fundamentally wrong?

is it not possible that football has changed in the championship over the last few years. Bruce was good at getting teams up once upon a time, but now theres some good teams and tactics in the championship. Bruce has been relegated so many times from the top flight with his approach, all thats happened is that the upper teams in the championship have reached the standards of the lower premier league teams so Bruce at his best cannot compete with footballing sides.

Allerdyce went to a struggling Everton, in a similar situation where perhaps some whispered about something being fundamentally wrong, and turned it around with a click of a finger. 

All we need is a manager with some nous and a plan and things would turn around completely. We have some good attack minded players, they just need the restraints taken off and we will flourish. 

I just don't think they are very good. That's what fundementally wrong. But yes I do beleive they should be better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

I could possibly believe that there was something going on behind the scenes if it wasn't for the following:

• We have replaced the Owner, the board, the manager, most of the first team, the youth team coaches and many others at the club. The only consistently present people are Gabby and Doris the tea lady. Much as I would like to blame Gabby, it would be ridiculous, which just leaves Doris putting wacky baccy in the tea.
  • Villa park is not cursed or haunted.
  • John Terry would not put up with players not pulling their weight or some sort of backroom drivers (unless it is him, but it has been going on far longer than he has been here)
  • EXACTLY the same problems have arisen at every club Bruce has managed. See the infamous Sunderland article from 5 years ago. 

The problems are crystal clear:

• No defined game plan or style
  • Over reliance on one or two good players to paper over the cracks
  • A lack of tactical nouse
  • Over reliance on a defensive game with lump it up front tactics
  • Players bought with little thought of how to fit them into a style
  • Defence first and foremost, no plan B, backs to the wall lads
  • Other teams will come at us for a scalp and WILL raise their game to the point where us having better individual players is not sufficient, hence all of the above comes into sharp focus

ALL of this comes down to the fault of the manager. If the players are not performing or making stupid mistakes, they should be benched and have extra training to eradicate mistakes from their game play. If they do not improve, they should be replaced. This is not a Sunday league team (although we do play like one) - these are professional footballers who are some of the best in the division. They look lost. That comes from a lack of clear instruction and a defined game plan. Brentford had one, we did not. For the umpteenth time this season.

can't argue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Agree @markavfc40, other than I don’t see why 4 points should save him - either the powers that be have seen enough to tell them it’s always going to be this way ( as I have for example) or they have seen enough to assess they will stick with him and see how we finish.

I doubt very much they have any desire to sack him but there will come a tipping point where they will have to and I'd imagine we are very close to that.

I doubt 90% of managers are anymore than a run of 6-10 poor results away from being sacked and Bruce has now pushed himself to that limit a couple of times and is right on the brink of doing so again and if we do I think he is done. Certainly 4 or 6 points in the next two games will save him though. I don't see that as the board being short term they are just giving the manager a chance to again turn things around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm tired of having to rebuild every 3 years. We need consistancy at this football club we can't keep changing managers every single year, we're becoming a laughing stock.

I agree but unfortunately we pick the wrong managers, it was obvious what Bruce was going to offer us from the start.

Rowett should have been picked, he was young and hungry with proven ability. I have picked him as an example because it's a manger we all knew because of his work down the road, theres probably managers around just as capable, I just don't know of any.

.Bruce will not take the club forward , nor will Wyness . If we scrape promotion we would be slaughtered every game , I would rather stay down , get the right managment team in place and go up in style with some hope.  

If Xia is the future of this club he will see this , as wel do , plans for Bruce to be replaced should be in place and Wyness should be doing this now. If he isn't then that's enough to show Xia his worth.

For me Wyness is not the man to pick our next manager, if he does i fear t will be from the shelves of yesterday's football legends

. UTV

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm tired of having to rebuild every 3 years. We need consistancy at this football club we can't keep changing managers every single year, we're becoming a laughing stock.

When Mane scored 12 goals in 37 seconds we became a laughing stock.

Â