Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You even said yourself before kick off that Bruce had selected the correct team (for only the second time ever in your view).

Now you are having a dig he played Jed at the back. Thats why your views hold no credibility.

I can't stand Bruce as a manager but some of your posts are cringe worthy and make you sound like you know nothing what's so ever about football. 

I think you are just p***ed off with me because £10 of your money is on its way to VT :detect:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

its ok, you got it.

when someone has „nowhere else to go“ with their arguements, they reply with a question

It's funny though ,isn't it . All we want is a different manager, someone with a bit of ,for want of a better word, panache. It's nothing personal ,just a deep concern for the love of a great ,historical, football team. 

But like I said ,Gh ,it's funny though ,isn't it .:)

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The reason for me is as I’ve said above. 

Yes our results against teams around us haven’t been good but we’ve played all of them except for Wolves in our bad runs when we have injuries and we’re in poor form. 

If we’d played Derby and Sheffield Utd a month/6 weeks before we did I think we’d have beaten them both. 

The assumption that we’ll be in better form and have a full strength team by the playoffs is of course a gamble. But not as much of a gamble as changing the manager at this stage. Imo. 

The same Sheffield United who lost 5 of their last 6 games coming into the game? They were sitting 2nd 6 weeks ago.. you think we would have had a better chance of beating them at their best rather than their worst?

I really admire your optimism but its misguided, badly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

its ok, you got it.

when someone has „nowhere else to go“ with their arguements, they reply with a question

What argument? 

I don’t know what your post meant so I asked  

“At least the new guy would have a head start over all the other clubs at **** it up”

i don’t know what that means. 

Why do you and a couple of other posters have such a problem with people asking what your posts mean?

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

The same Sheffield United who lost 5 of their last 6 games coming into the game? They were sitting 2nd 6 weeks ago.. you think we would have had a better chance of beating them at their best rather than their worst?

I really admire your optimism but its misguided, badly.

Fair point. I was referring to our form rather than theirs to be fair. 

Sheff Utd were always likely to fall away to be fair. I think we’re far more likely to regain good form than they are. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we’re far more likely to regain good form than they are. 

They are a promoted  team punching way above their weight, we should regain form quicker than them.

Then again we should also never give up a 2 goal lead when playing them at home.

Any comparison to Sheffield United just shows how far we've fallen....... and we are still falling 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

They are a league one team punching way above their weight, we shpuld regain form quicker than them.

Then again we should also never give up a 2 goal lead when playing them at home.

Any comparison to Sheffield United just showa how far we've fallen....... and we ate still falling 

Well yes. That was entirely my point really. 

7 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

What if we keep him and the result stays crap?  What then?

If we keep him and the results are crap, we should sack him. That seems a sensible and logical process and conclusion.

At the moment, the results aren't crap, we're sixth - the results are okay, they're not wildly brilliant but they aren't bad either. It's not a matter of the results "staying" crap, they'd have to change - so, for now, I say we keep him and in answer to your question, if things change then we should rethink that decision based on that change.

For me, the results aren't the major reason to criticise Bruce - the football is the concern.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well yes. That was entirely my point really. 

Then whilst you won't agree with some of us, it shouldn't be hard really to understand why some of us would like Bruce gone sooner than later.

Would it be risky, hell yes! In my view letting this go on is just as risky. There are now a few managers who are available that I would take in a heartbeat over Bruce staying. 

It won't happen but if we lose to Brentford I want him sacked. New manager in with the January window for them to sign 1 or 2 players and enough games to get the team playing decent football and hopefully still make the playoffs..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Then whilst you won't agree with some of us, it shouldn't be hard really to understand why some of us would like Bruce gone sooner than later.

Would it be risky, hell yes! In my view letting this go on is just as risky. There are now a few managers who are available that I would take in a heartbeat over Bruce staying. 

I understand it perfectly and have said as much several times. 

It comes down to there being a tipping point in when we think Bruce isn’t going to make the playoffs. 

I don’t think we’ve reached that point yet. Some people do and that’s fair enough. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we keep him and the results are crap, we should sack him. That seems a sensible and logical process and conclusion.

At the moment, the results aren't crap, we're sixth - the results are okay, they're not wildly brilliant but they aren't bad either. It's not a matter of the results "staying" crap, they'd have to change - so, for now, I say we keep him and in answer to your question, if things change then we should rethink that decision based on that change.

For me, the results aren't the major reason to criticise Bruce - the football is the concern.

3 points from the last 12 is pretty crap  to be fair.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

3 points from the last 12 is pretty crap  to be fair.....

It is crap but not quite a big enough sample size but make it 3 from 15 and it's starts to look really ugly. Sackable ugly!

Â