Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Carlos Carvalhal: 'Villa are the best team in the Championship'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05lvg2h

The manager of our next opponent rates us as the best team in the division 'with a good coach'.

I listened to it all, but if you only care to hear him talk about Villa, it happens around the 10 minute mark.

And yes, he is partly showing us some respect by saying it, which is classy, but he also wouldn't be saying it if we were actually shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce see's him day in day out and must think he not ready.

He is ready. Bruce is clueless :P

No seriously, I'm sure I read somewhere Bruce doesn't actually watch training, but maybe they do meet up daily at the kebab place!

He's turned us around imo. When he took over we was in bad shape with a lot of work to do. He's been close to the sack a couple of times, but I'm beginning to think Bruce is the man to lead us out of this league. I think some fans might look back and think he's done well to turn us around in a relatively short period.  I thought it was the end after Reading , but fair play to him. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Please don't be alarmed, Mr Joy Bringer took a brief holiday, but he will be back to strangle the life out of any misguided fools daring to dream before you know it. 

We could try tempting him back early, shall we try... Are you there Mr Joy Bringer? 

Steven Bruce is getting closer to the top of the table, therefore he's probably a good manager after all, don't you agree Mr Joy Bringer?

Not sure I'm going that far yet. Being close to the top of the table should be the minimum expectation with this squad. And still if we don't go up its failure on his behalf. 

It's certainly going well and he's doing better than I thought he would at this point but he's a long way from proving anything as Aston villa manager at the moment. I'm starting to feel more confident that he will be able to keep this going. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, vreitti said:

He is ready. Bruce is clueless :P

No seriously, I'm sure I read somewhere Bruce doesn't actually watch training, but maybe they do meet up daily at the kebab place!

I suspect you read that in this thread and it is part of the large body of fake news that lies festering here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure I'm going that far yet. Being close to the top of the table should be the minimum expectation with this squad. And still if we don't go up its failure on his behalf. 

It's certainly going well and he's doing better than I thought he would at this point but he's a long way from proving anything as Aston villa manager at the moment. I'm starting to feel more confident that he will be able to keep this going. 

An admirable sentiment, fairly expressed, but where is Mr Joy Bringer? We miss his cast iron certainty.

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think some fans might look back and think he's done well to turn us around in a relatively short period.

This is a joke right? 

I wouldn't get too carried away with the "turned us around" rhetoric just yet. The signs are promising at this moment, but there's a long way to go. He'll have succeeded only if/when he gets us promoted imho.

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This is a joke right? 

I wouldn't get too carried away with the "turned us around" rhetoric just yet. The signs are promising at this moment, but there's a long way to go. He'll have succeeded only if/when he gets us promoted imho.

Of course, here's me getting carried away. If and it is a if, but if we do get promoted then I don't think anyone can look back and say he wasn't a success. He spent a lot of money, but we really were in a bad way. You can't just throw money at something, it needs hard work and patience. I think we are seeing the results now of the work that has been put in. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think a few of us said it didn't have to be pretty, just get us out of this league. We are playing relatively well in games now with the odd forgettable performance here and there. 

I count 5 not including Brum. But 4 of those were quite early in the season and the 5th against in my opinion the best team in the league by far.  So signs are good. 

41 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He's turned us around imo. When he took over we was in bad shape with a lot of work to do. He's been close to the sack a couple of times, but I'm beginning to think Bruce is the man to lead us out of this league. I think some fans might look back and think he's done well to turn us around in a relatively short period.  I thought it was the end after Reading , but fair play to him. 

Calm your Jets mate, it is only Novemeber and a long way still to go, but at the same time I am praying to keep this consistency now and kick on from here and he does not some how f*** it up.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I count 5 not including Brum. But 4 of those were quite early in the season and the 5th against in my opinion the best team in the league by far.  So signs are good. 

Its as if we never tried against wolves which was more annoying than the defeat. If we had of gone there and had a good go and lost 3.2 or whatever then fair enough. Cardiff and reading is a distant memory. We look strong now. Terry is becoming a very important player too.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Calm your Jets mate, it is only Novemeber and a long way still to go, but at the same time I am praying to keep this consistency now and kick on from here and he does not some how f*** it up.

It's not often over the last few years we've been able to get carried away, so excuse my optimism. I just think there is plenty more to come from this team which is promising. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not often over the last few years we've been able to get carried away, so excuse my optimism. I just think there is plenty more to come from this team which is promising. 

I agree with you regards the team, it is the clown in charge I worry about more mate.

• Like 1

Bruce is like my mother-in-law. I won't elaborate in case she ever comes on here. 

Things are looking better, I don't have to like him but its getting harder to hate on him. 

Still makes me bloody nervous the way he goes about it though. 

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Carlos Carvalhal: 'Villa are the best team in the Championship'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05lvg2h

The manager of our next opponent rates us as the best team in the division 'with a good coach'.

I listened to it all, but if you only care to hear him talk about Villa, it happens around the 10 minute mark.

And yes, he is partly showing us some respect by saying it, which is classy, but he also wouldn't be saying it if we were actually shit.

Every manager i have heard speaking on the subject.....rates Steve Bruce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Although we all like to see youngsters play I think the whole O'Hare thing is getting a bit of blown out of proportion. Bruce see's him day in day out and must think he not ready. He looks a decent player in the times I've seen him but based on the reaction on here you'd think he was the next Messi. 

Edit: How to become a Villa favourite? Don't play ;)

You make a good point.....and i love watching him, but.

he will get his chance.

there is a physicality about our team right now and it has to be maintained.

Â