Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Saw the interaction with his son. Pathetic and small time

More glad we didnt sign Alex now

To be fair zatman, the majority of the personal abuse directed at Bruce is also pathetic and small time. 

Not defending Bruce or his son but there's only so much you can take from keyboard warriors.

Admittedly both Bruces could stop talking about the fans but some of insults directed at him aren't nice.

As for Howard hodgson, I don't know him but know he's vocal about villa and very opinionated when he doesn't like a manager. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay GH, well it seems to me that a number of people take no joy from being a Villa fan anymore, even after a 3-0 away win live on Sky.

I on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed Saturday and am still wearing a smile now, I feel sorry for you more than anything.

You ask for inspiration, as though you are entitled to it. What do you think inspires your average Notts County fan to turn up week in week out? Or do you only want to support Villa if they're meeting your expectations of where they should be and what style of football they're playing? There's a description for that, I'll refrain from using it.

Just to add, I am not putting myself on a pedestal, I haven't been to see Villa yet this season and only went 3 times last year.

To be perfectly honest with you - I'd be very surprised to hear any villa supporter say that in their heart of hearts they don't still consider us as being one of the top six clubs in the country - too many years of mis - management of the club have clearly led to our current predicament but this is still ASTON VILLA we're talking  about and although we cannot pretend not to be where we are - the dream, clamour, desire, expection to return to our rightful place still burns strong - so I do kind of think GH is right imo 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

TRO, it's what he does on match days that winds me up. It's what his coaches do during the week that frustrates me. It's the way he's continually ignored the needs of our most attacking players and benched our best assister that winds me up. It's taken a lot of matches for me  to form the opinion that he is not the right manager, and it would take a consistent run of games in which we stick it to the opposition, to change my mind. 

Can Steve Bruce metamorphosize from Mr Negative to Mr Positive?

Look I can't argue with you and I won't because I agree. with your general sentiment.

I want to see him play the kids more, I think he was wrong to leave out Albert.....but I'm not the manager, we would all do things our way.

I have very often had frustrations with past managers....remember Martin O'Neill not changing things, when clearly changes were required( in our opinion).....remember him struggling with the left back berth for months and months.

They all have their faults.

I remember Ron Atkinson tactically out smarting SAF in the cup final by playing Fenton as the extra man in midfield.......then went on to sign Nil Lamptey and Fash, after scouting the world cup.

I remember John Gregory getting criticism for playing negative.

Look you could castigate them all, depending what bits you choose.

If we consistently drop points and bugger ourselves for promotion.....I will hold him responsible......but lets see.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think, if directly comparing Villa and Newcastle last season then you don't have to look too far past the fact that they didn't change Manager part way through the season as being a major contributor in their success versus our outcome.

They didn't go down winning 3 games either.....our club was a plane crash, theirs wasn't.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Absolutely but that is another hyperthetical and a massive if.

Trent.....there are "if's" on both sides of the views presented.

but there is no big "if" or small "if"......there is just "IF":)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

We should win the next three fixtures however we set up because we have much better players than the opposition. I know Forest are 10th at the moment, but if we don't beat them and a woeful Bolton at home we need shooting. Also Burton away should be comfortable for the players we have at our disposal. 

The test will come in October against some decent teams. That's when I worry about Bruce's tactics.

I would guess that the Leeds fans thought Millwall was in the bag too......Having players on paper is one thing, getting them to play as a team is what I guess he is trying to do and what we want.

If he fails to do it in a reasonable amount of time I guess many on here will have their way.....and so will I , because I too want a team geared for promotion.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

TRO, it's what he does on match days that winds me up. It's what his coaches do during the week that frustrates me. It's the way he's continually ignored the needs of our most attacking players and benched our best assister that winds me up. It's taken a lot of matches for me  to form the opinion that he is not the right manager, and it would take a consistent run of games in which we stick it to the opposition, to change my mind. 

Can Steve Bruce metamorphosize from Mr Negative to Mr Positive?

Morph for short:)

I think so.

On 9/18/2017 at 18:47, theboyangel said:

To be fair zatman, the majority of the personal abuse directed at Bruce is also pathetic and small time. 

Not defending Bruce or his son but there's only so much you can take from keyboard warriors.

Admittedly both Bruces could stop talking about the fans but some of insults directed at him aren't nice.

As for Howard hodgson, I don't know him but know he's vocal about villa and very opinionated when he doesn't like a manager. 

I know of Howard Hodgson, a voice worth listening to.....but there again so are ours....I am not aware he has castigated Steve Bruce?

but It doesn't make us right or him.

I don't know what he has said or what side he is on.....but its just his opinion, no better than mine or yours......He created a comprehensive report on the failings of HDE at the time and supported Jonathan Fears VFC campaign... with Naz and Carl Chinn......Naz will know more about this.......a learned person.

However, due to his financial standing (he used to own a chain funeral director business before he sold out) he has the ear of the hierarchy, in fact he fell out with the previous administration for his vocal outbursts in the corporate.....but in hindsight maybe he was right.

Maybe he still is.

He mixes in the circles, but he is Villa success first and foremost.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Saw the interaction with his son. Pathetic and small time

More glad we didnt sign Alex now

For those of us not on twitter (or wherever it was said), what happened please?

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

For those of us not on twitter (or wherever it was said), what happened please?

HH - Bruce Out and you guys don't know as much as me about running a business

AB - Bruce in plus you know nothing about promotions

Bout it

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

HH - Bruce Out and you guys don't know as much as me about running a business

AB - Bruce in plus you know nothing about promotions

Bout it

thats funny.....HH certainly led with his chin.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

To be perfectly honest with you - I'd be very surprised to hear any villa supporter say that in their heart of hearts they don't still consider us as being one of the top six clubs in the country - too many years of mis - management of the club have clearly led to our current predicament but this is still ASTON VILLA we're talking  about and although we cannot pretend not to be where we are - the dream, clamour, desire, expection to return to our rightful place still burns strong - so I do kind of think GH is right imo 

Dave, but we can't keep hammering the folk in charge for the last 8 years of poo.....its not a quick turn around.

I get it that fans are not convinced of who we have in certain roles.....but they have to be given a chance to establish their worth.....I guess if someone don't rate Steve Bruce for instance they will have less patience than someone who is unsure.

I think some fans are saying is ..........less on blowing the whistle and more of shoveling the coal.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

thats funny.....HH certainly led with his chin.

All feels a bit icky having the manager's family spatting with self appointed fan representatives, but I suppose both are well off and bored so Twitter works for em. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

If they had taken issue with the personal insults, that would be fair enough and most fans would be right behind them.

As it is, they are having a go at people who criticise Bruce's performance in his job.

This is why, on the back of almost a year of underwhelming performances and results, sniping at critics doesn't generate much sympathy.

• Like 1

I moved over to Bruce Out but if Bruce can actually build on this positive performance then I'm fine to be back in the Bruce In camp. I wouldn't expect everyobe else to be but I would at least hope that people will get behind him and the team if we turn a corner, even if they don't want him here in the long run.

• Like 1

Â