Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The general view on SB started leaning toward keeping him and recognising the good work he'd done with even some of his most vocal detractors stating that they felt he'd earned next season, if we'd been promoted and particularly after we'd made the playoffs and then the final. Granted there are/were those who have stuck to their rhetoric, whilst I may disagree with those people I at least admire their conviction.

As with most things on here, it's one end of the spectrum or the other. So now that we lost the game everyone's on the SB out bandwagon.

I think on top of everything else that is going on and likely to go on, sacking the Manager would be foolish and a major headache we could do without.

I can just see the lines of people queuing up to manage a club with no money, a very average (at best) squad and huge expectations.

There was always going to be fence swayers joining the Bruce out brigade once it became clear how inept he is in his 1980s style of Football.

I still want him gone and believe it or not.. last Saturday changes nothing for me nor would it have had we won promotion in terms of Bruce.

At this present time I feel we should prioritise the behind the scenes matters first and have them resolved plus hiring a decent CEO etc..

Once we have that established and Bruce knows what the challenge is and task he faces for next season then we should sack him then if he has not walked already.

In my eyes the man failed to get promotion with one of the most expensively built teams in the league. Now that same team has been almost dismantled and still needs dismantled further in cost cutting, I just do not see a hope in hell of him.

And yes damn right there will be ques of people still wanting to manage Villa with a thin bare squad and no money.

A new challenge for someone experienced or even an upcoming manager making a name for themself, a modern day John Gregory or Brian Little etc.

Personally, I would do the job tomorrow on those set expectations and budgets in a flash and I am sure there would be a tonne of others behind me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

These high profile manager recommendations are just what we need. Remember when Sir Alex Ferguson sent a letter to Randy Lerner recommending a great manager - what was his name, again?

You know I remembered that recommendation as I was making that post.

Bielsa has proven he is the real deal, whereas McCleish never has.

But you're right, opinions can be worth very little, no matter who they're spouted by.

Edit: I've gone back on my word of no more Bielsa discussion. Look guys, if you haven't picked up on it yet, I'm a bit of a fan.

I really did not expect Leeds to be picking him up.

Edited by A'Villan

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep then all the people saying how shit he is will be eating humble pie

I doubt it Dem, I have wanted Bruce gone and there will be no regrets - promotion with Leeds or whoever if so but he won't be missed by me nor regret.

37 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

These high profile manager recommendations are just what we need. Remember when Sir Alex Ferguson sent a letter to Randy Lerner recommending a great manager - what was his name, again?

He did the same to Doug and we got the ego that is O'Dreary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I disagree.

The general view on SB started leaning toward keeping him and recognising the good work he'd done with even some of his most vocal detractors stating that they felt he'd earned next season, if we'd been promoted and particularly after we'd made the playoffs and then the final. Granted there are/were those who have stuck to their rhetoric, whilst I may disagree with those people I at least admire their conviction.

As with most things on here, it's one end of the spectrum or the other. So now that we lost the game everyone's on the SB out bandwagon.

I think on top of everything else that is going on and likely to go on, sacking the Manager would be foolish and a major headache we could do without.

I can just see the lines of people queuing up to manage a club with no money, a very average (at best) squad and huge expectations.

Really don't want to repeat what we differ on but I can't agree that everyone is also on the Bruce out wagon. They really aren't.

If you check back there are those who still agree with you that Villa should stick with Bruce due to the reasons you've mentioned and that is your and their prerogative.

4 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Surely the fact Leeds want Bruce ahead of Bielsa tells you something? 

And how can he even be considered a good manager? Done nothing for about 30 years now, just a "character" I suppose it's what most fans want now, a manager who runs up and down touchline shouting orders trying to play attacking footbal. 

Yup, tells me maybe Biesla isn't interested and Bruce is a "safe pair of hands" as we already know.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, tells me maybe Biesla isn't interested and Bruce is a "safe pair of hands" as we already know.

Do you not think we need a safe pair of hands now over some overrated lunatic who just ups and leaves as and when? 

15 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Do you not think we need a safe pair of hands now over some overrated lunatic who just ups and leaves as and when? 

Are they the only 2 managers on the world?

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

"Fielding half the pitch with strikers when you're behind and struggling to impose yourself on the game as it is, will swing momentum in your favour.

Strikers = goals. Build up play = poppycock.

Consider this deeply."

Excerpt from Steve Bruce's, Way of Strategy.

Oh i see.

"Ger it forward lad"

"kick it, now kick it harder".

Is that the sort of words of wisdom from the touchline we would be getting? 

6 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

Do you like watching football? Then imagine staring into a bowl of ditch water for hours on end.... in a flat..... above a chip shop.... in Norwich.

?

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

1827 pages right here mate :)

I'm sure our current financial crisis might interest you as a Leeds fan.

Manchester United.

does a Leeds forum need any more at this point?

I find it all quite depressing tbh lol.

Was only a kid when the brown stuff hit the fan for us, im getting flashbacks. 

Just a thought. Shouldn’t talk of replacements for Bruce be in the New Manager thread?

This thread should surely be discussing how we think Bruce will perform as Villa manager next season should he choose to accep the challenge.

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

His reluctance to use youth players. Only one who has gotten a decent chance of the last year which was Keinan Davis and that was only because of how short we were up top. As soon a Grabban joined he didn't get another look in.

Also brought in Onomah who wasn't that great, who played in similar position to a great young talent we have Calum O'Hare. O'Hare again got about one or two chances, in which he got an assist in but was never to be seen in the match day squad.

As I write this Andre Green also got a chance when Adomah was injured but he got injured too and I wonder if he would have been frozen out as well.

Wondered what happened to Davis and Green when i was watching the Playoffs, they were nowhere to be seen. If Davis is the tall striker, i liked him, thought he was a decent player whenever i saw him. 

Ironic he seems reluctant to play the kids, his last season at Scumchester was the infamous "you cant win anything with kids" season. 

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

He’ll probably get you play offs, just forget about watching the games until mid May. 

Shut your eyes and listen to the radio sort of football? 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Er..no

I have little faith in our current board replacing him given their previous mistakes. 

Relax

I have little faith in anyone getting a decision right......but that's what success is.....you make it or you don't.

I am very relaxed thanks.

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

A safe pair of hands, fine and Steve Bruce has done a good job in turning us round and steadying the first part of the ship granted.

But equally, he has also spent a huge amount of cash on players paying high wages and amassed one of the costly squads in the league, his objective was promotion. It never happened for various reasons and we are now left with half a squad.. which quarter of that is costly deadwood that also needs shifted.

For me I would respect the man more given everything of recent events etc. If he held his hands up and said look, I have taken Villa as far as I can and now it is time for someone else to have a go.

It will be a case of thank you very much Steve and all the best.

I fear for him of what could be ahead if he stays and makes a complete arse of it.

- I don't agree with hiring a Lunatic, let alone an overrated one.    ;)

58 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Wondered what happened to Davis and Green when i was watching the Playoffs, they were nowhere to be seen. If Davis is the tall striker, i liked him, thought he was a decent player whenever i saw him. 

Ironic he seems reluctant to play the kids, his last season at Scumchester was the infamous "you cant win anything with kids" season. 

Well apart from the fact that Green was injured for most of the season, and that Davis had over 25 appearances, your analysis is spot on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A safe pair of hands, fine and Steve Bruce has done a good job in turning us round and steadying the first part of the ship granted.

But equally, he has also spent a huge amount of cash on players paying high wages and amassed one of the costly squads in the league, his objective was promotion. It never happened for various reasons and we are now left with half a squad.. which quarter of that is costly deadwood that also needs shifted.

For me I would respect the man more given everything of recent events etc. If he held his hands up and said look, I have taken Villa as far as I can and now it is time for someone else to have a go.

It will be a case of thank you very much Steve and all the best.

I fear for him of what could be ahead if he stays and makes a complete arse of it.

- I don't agree with hiring a Lunatic, let alone an overrated one.    ;)

If he had of signed a traditional centre forward, we would be ok now......that was his one cock up.

small margins......I hope he has realised his mistake.

Â