Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Perhaps.

Or take last seasons 13th placed side who were bottom six of the form table from January, add a left back.

End up top with the 2nd best defence and attack.

Beat Norwich at Carrow Road 3-0 which wasnt matched or bettered last season.

Take 4 points off two of last seasons playoff semi finalists.

Beat pre season money bag favourites.

Shut out a team of giants with a team of midgets. 

And play the best football in the league.

Yeah, I thought things would be dandy when he took over Lille too.  :thumb:

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make?

Nobody is saying signing JT will make everything alright and we'll all love Bruce again and we're going to get promoted.

Just that it would mean we have two good CBs at the club instead of one. Which is surely a good thing?

Stevo, we are 6 games in to the season, we should not be in this mess in defence or any positions for that matter. The fact that we are is shocking.

I could just about accept this if we have had a new manager and a take over in the last week of August with no time to prepare and no money to spend.

It is unacceptable whatever way we want to go round and round about it.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Stevo, we are 6 games in to the season, we should not be in this mess in defence or any positions for that matter. The fact that we are is shocking.

I could just about accept this if we have had a new manager and a take over in the last week of August with no time to prepare and no money to spend.

Write a letter of complaint then instead of telling us again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

And again.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Write a letter of complaint then instead of telling us again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

And again.

... and there is always that button that says 'Ignore'  if you don't like reading it again and again, and again, and again.

And again. ;)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree. So does everyone else.

So again I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

People are happy to re-sign JT because we need him due to the mess we're in defensively. 

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I want Bruce gone.

But he's produced the best form of Grealish's career. Not sure you can criticise him for Grealish's performances

We don’t know how good Jack may be if he had a different manager, until he actually has a different manager. Bruce deserves credit for helping  him to grow up, again he may have just grown up anyway, or you could give the praise to someone like JT. But it’s not a particularly good stick to beat Brucie with I agree. There are plenty of giant redwood size sticks to do that!

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People are happy to re-sign JT because we need him due to the mess we're in defensively. 

I would be happy for JT back for sure.

However, having a month of transfer window where other players have been brought in over other positions, the most needed area has been ignored until the 13th hour and now it is panic buttons by the manager and trying to sign a player whom he was already told no too a month ago is just ludicrously foolish which in turn could and should cost the manager his job.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You’re right, if the defence had been properly rebuilt, taking in to account the difficulties of the summer, then I think most would take the view that whilst JT probably exceeded our expectations last season, and his support for the club during the summer endears us to him even more, he is probably pushing it a little now age-wise, to be polite. However the position that we are in, a stick I’d definitely use to beat Steve Bruce with, now almost makes hiring JT essential. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would be happy for JT back for sure.

However, having a month of transfer window where other players have been brought in over other positions, the most needed area has been ignored until the 13th hour and now it is panic buttons by the manager and trying to sign a player whom he was already told no too a month ago is just ludicrously foolish which in turn could and should cost the manager his job.

Yes. Again, I think pretty much everyone agrees with this.

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re right, if the defence had been properly rebuilt, taking in to account the difficulties of the summer, then I think most would take the view that whilst JT probably exceeded our expectations last season, and his support for the club during the summer endears us to him even more, he is probably pushing it a little now age-wise, to be polite. However the position that we are in, a stick I’d definitely use to beat Steve Bruce with, now almost makes hiring JT essential. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We are 6 games in......lets see what he can do with yours?

Get them promoted is my guess. I don't get this line of thinking that it will all blow up in his face. 

Leeds did well to get him, and must be delighted they couldn't prize Bruce away from us.

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

It gets bumped 600 times a day and it's the same to and fro bollocks, the sooner it's in other football the better, for my own sanity and eye AIDS.

Not really. At this point we have stopped criticizing our manager and are now having a go at the Leeds manager. Something different for a few pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

It gets bumped 600 times a day and it's the same to and fro bollocks, the sooner it's in other football the better, for my own sanity and eye AIDS.

What will people do with their time once he’s gone. They’ll have to actually go outside, find a new hobby, or get a girlfriend instead of dripping on about Steve Bruce 24/7.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Get them promoted is my guess. I don't get this line of thinking that it will all blow up in his face. 

Bielsa has plenty of history of things blowing up in his face.

When it works it works. When it doesn't it's a disaster.

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What will people do with their time once he’s gone. They’ll have to actually go outside, find a new hobby, or get a girlfriend instead of dripping on about Steve Bruce 24/7.

You do realise it is different people at different times of day? no one is actually in here 24/7 ? 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bielsa has plenty of history of things blowing up in his face.

When it works it works. When it doesn't it's a disaster.

Maybe, but then Bruce has a history of getting promoted...... soooooooo....... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Leeds did well to get him, and must be delighted they couldn't prize Bruce away from us.

Leeds track record of falling out with managers and sacking them is really poor

Bielsa's track record of falling out with owners and quitting is really bad

why wouldn't you think it? as much as i would rather be watching that football every week its a powder keg that could go off at any moment

• Like 1

Â