Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, mrjc said:

Reminds me of the Bradford semi final a few years ago, when we ended up with 5/6 strikers on, but with no better chance of scoring 

nail head hit

its not strikers generally that create goals its the midfield.  id sooner take off a fullback for a midfielder that a midfielder for a forward.

doesnt make sense to me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

nail head hit

its not strikers generally that create goals its the midfield.  id sooner take off a fullback for a midfielder that a midfielder for a forward.

doesnt make sense to me

The concerning thing is, that it made sense to Steve Bruce in three consecutive matches. 

• Like 2

I did a complete 180 and thought the idea he should have been sacked was wrong. Starting to doubt that slightly now. 

Failed the main objective and if i'm honest i don't see him getting the consistency against top teams to see us through the playoffs 

• Like 1

I hate the tactic of throwing on loads of strikers when in need of a goal and sacrificing shape. We were getting overrun in midfield, couldn't hold the ball, couldn't pass our way out, and that was with 5 in midfield. Removing a midfielder for a striker was dumb. 

I don't like Bruce, I've never liked Bruce. He's failing with easily the best if not second best squad in this league.

When Cardiff go up, Tony should go get Warnock if we don't go up. 

I still fancy our chances in the play offs. Our squad will be better than any other team in the playoffs, just got to hope the players decide to perform on those days.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I hate the tactic of throwing on loads of strikers when in need of a goal and sacrificing shape. We were getting overrun in midfield, couldn't hold the ball, couldn't pass our way out, and that was with 5 in midfield. Removing a midfielder for a striker was dumb. 

I don't like Bruce, I've never liked Bruce. He's failing with easily the best if not second best squad in this league.

When Cardiff go up, Tony should go get Warnock if we don't go up. 

I still fancy our chances in the play offs. Our squad will be better than any other team in the playoffs, just got to hope the players decide to perform on those days.

I agree but Why would warnock leave the premier league to join a club with financial restrictions and no money to spend ?

i think if we miss out on the play offs then we will see several of the younger lads come through next season and be a work in progress -if we want promotion then it’s got be this seasons play offs or we could be here for a few years I fear .

I think Bruce is well aware of the consequences as he’s stated several times and if we don’t go up I think he is gone . I’m not convinced he will be here if we do go up either .

Edited by Eastie

For me it would be ridiculous to sack him now. It could destroy everything.

However if he fails to take us up via play offs then he has to go. These pathetic mini runs have cost this year and last year. One point against QPR Bolton and hull is inexcusable and pathetic.

Playing four strikers again is SHIT it dint work! It's like sunday league tactics.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me it would be ridiculous to sack him now. It could destroy everything.

However if he fails to take us up via play offs then he has to go. These pathetic mini runs have cost this year and last year. One point against QPR Bolton and hull is inexcusable and pathetic.

Playing four strikers again is SHIT it dint work! It's like sunday league tactics.

Agreed , there is no way you sack him at this moment in time - we just hope he gets us back on track and we turn it on in the play offs - his future will be decided when the season is over - until then we can only hope for the best l

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Agreed , there is no way you sack him at this moment in time - we just hope he gets us back on track and we turn it on in the play offs - his future will be decided when the season is over - until then we can only hope for the best l

I doubt he will survive next season if he dont take us up. The fans will not accept him. Absoluteky no excuses for these pathetic runs where we got 2-3 games without a win with this squad.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I doubt he will survive next season if he dont take us up. The fans will not accept him. Absoluteky no excuses for these pathetic runs where we got 2-3 games without a win with this squad.

Wyness comments to the supporters trust agm were telling for me - wouldn’t say whether Bruce  would be in or out even if promoted .

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wyness comments to the supporters trust agm were telling for me - wouldn’t say whether Bruce  would be in or out even if promoted .

If that's the case then I hope they have a new manager lined up for either getting promoted or staying up. Otherwise it makes no sense hinting Bruce isn't on a firm footing with the important work he has ahead of him now (getting us **** promoted through the play offs) we don't need any excuse of him being distracted by boardroom talk and being undermined etc. 

If they do have someone lined up then it should happen after the final whistle of the final game and give the new guy the most time possible to sort this shit out. Bruce did what I and a lot of others wanted in that he got us actually playing football (finally, took him too long IMO) but the way we have subsequently fallen to pieces is baffling. The insistence on playing all the strikers looks like he doesnìt know why either. He deserves credit for finaly getting us to look like a team in the last good run culminating in the excellent performance against Wolves. Long view though, the firts good run we were winning and looked shit, after a poor start, we then fell to bits before xmas and then he sorted it out (Agnew?) and we looked great for a while. But it's been what, 10 games out of nearly 40, so you know a quarter of the time this season we've looked good? Is that enough? He had a full pre-season, he was backed, and he had 30 odd games last season to work out what was needed. 

It's difficult to see us getting promoted from here without him pulling another rabbit out the hat and going on a good winning run to take momentum into the play offs. If he can do that he might persuade the board to keep him on if promoted. I'd prefer someone else for that job, and to be honest I'd rather someone else had a go at promoting us next season if we're still in this league. He did improve us a lot, as we looked like total strangers, talented strangers, until the last good run where we played some genuinely nice stuff. I don't think that's enough though, should have been like that from the start of this season, then we wouldn't be so far off the top two.

• Like 2

Under Bruce we seem to go 2 steps forward one step backwards and every time I think he’s finally got us playing well as a team we then seem to revert back to playing shit  again - this  seems to have happened 4 or 5 times under his reign and he himself admits he doesn’t know why it’s happening - be it flatness, confidence or whatever reason the responsibility is his - he is the ,manager and needs to sort it .

i have no idea why Elmo was left out to play axel out of position - it failed before and it’s failed again .

jedi has his uses in certain games but last night barney was needed in that role -the subs were ridiculous in throwing a load of strikers on with no service whatsoever and took away any hope of winning the game .

ultimately we were lucky to get a point against a poor side  

Edited by Eastie

There is a huge rebuild job which is the most concerning thing for me. We will have one centre back if terry leaves. We have no first choice goal keeper and aging midfield with jedinak and whelan. 

We don’t have much to spend either unless we sell some players. I think we are screwed next season personally unless we go up. Jonkavic would have been my number one choice but that’s long gone now.

warnock is better than Bruce this season proves it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is a huge rebuild job which is the most concerning thing for me. We will have one centre back if terry leaves. We have no first choice goal keeper and aging midfield with jedinak and whelan. 

We don’t have much to spend either unless we sell some players. I think we are screwed next season personally unless we go up. Jonkavic would have been my number one choice but that’s long gone now.

warnock is better than Bruce this season proves it.

If JT does go then Dawson wouldn’t be a bad signing on a free transfer on the summer - was excellent last night .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

I agree but Why would warnock leave the premier league to join a club with financial restrictions and no money to spend ?

i think if we miss out on the play offs then we will see several of the younger lads come through next season and be a work in progress -if we want promotion then it’s got be this seasons play offs or we could be here for a few years I fear .

I think Bruce is well aware of the consequences as he’s stated several times and if we don’t go up I think he is gone . I’m not convinced he will be here if we do go up either .

Warnock has said he doesn't want to manage in the Premier League. He doesn't like it.

I think the size of the job is too big for him, he is so afraid of failing and ultimately that will be his downfall. The irony is not lost on me but he's got the track record of promotions and that got him into the job in the first place.

I just wish I knew how he managed to get that record as I might have more faith in him. At least we are in the mix (he says clutching at straws).

35 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If JT does go then Dawson wouldn’t be a bad signing on a free transfer on the summer - was excellent last night .

Yes he was excellent, the best player on the pitch but if Villa don’t gain promotion through the playoffs then I feel it would be better to start bringing in the likes of Suliman rather than giving yet another contract to a player nearing the end of his career.

Villa must start to build for the future and not under the present manager if the club are to move forward.

Edited by striker

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Warnock has said he doesn't want to manage in the Premier League. He doesn't like it.

He’s just signed a new contract at Cardiff .

Warnock: "I don't have a desire to prove people wrong, as such, because if you take a look at my Premier League record it's not too bad. 

"With Sheffield United we actually had 38 points - and didn't do anything wrong like West Ham did with Carlos Tevez, which saw us being relegated.

"At Queens Park Rangers we were never in the bottom three. I got the sack because a certain person was touting Mark Hughes for the job. The club ended up losing £200m after I left.

"I only joined Crystal Palace in July and was given just a few months. Even with them I didn't do too badly.

"I feel with Cardiff there would be greater support, were we to go up, and that is part of my thinking over the new deal “

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-neil-warnock-new-contract-14345073

Edited by Eastie

Â