Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Czechlad said:

His tactics the past two matches really say it all. His solution to us not scoring has been to throw all the strikers on the field. This leaves us with no midfield, and we look even worse going forward. It's so frustrating to watch. 

Take off Jedinak, bring on Hourihane, or Birkir. Don't just throw 3 strikers on the field for the midfielders. 

Exactly. He doesn't change the tactics to find the weakness, he just hopes one of 4 strikers  score. Terrible. 

• Like 1

Well, I didn't think we'd make the playoffs this year and I think he's done okay. We've looked good at times although our style of play is a big weakness. I can understand those who would want rid but I don't agree at the moment.

More pointedly, if we don't go up, I don't think we could afford to sack and replace him, we're going to need every single penny to try to give ourselves a squad capable of being competitive.

Needs to get this team back on track ready for the play offs - on our day we can be decent but also on our day we can be shit - too inconsistent and seem to lack hunger and desire .

Our season and immediate future will depend on those play offs in May and nothing less than our very best form will do .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

This really is as good as it'll ever get with Bruce in charge. I suppose we're still 'there or thereabouts', then again with the most expensive side ever to grace this division, we really should be doing a lot better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Needs to get this ream back on track ready for the play offs - on our day we can be decent but also on our day we can be shit - too inconsistent and seem to lack hunger and desire .

Our season and immediate future will depend on those play offs in May and nothing less than our very best form will do .

Was just going to write something along these lines. Time to crack the whip out and fix this now.

• Like 1

Bruce’s **** up began with keeping the same team that beat Wolves against QPR. He admitted it himself and has been playing catch up ever since, to our detriment. 

Kodjia was atrocious today. Today wasn’t the game to ease him back to fitness. Certainly not at 0-0 with half hour left.

Today smacked of a lack of intent. They know 2nd place has gone and they also think we’ve guaranteed playoffs. And played so turgid as a consequence.

28 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

His tactics the past two matches really say it all. His solution to us not scoring has been to throw all the strikers on the field. This leaves us with no midfield, and we look even worse going forward. It's so frustrating to watch. 

Take off Jedinak, bring on Hourihane, or Birkir. Don't just throw 3 strikers on the field for the midfielders. 

There's no denying that throwing the strikers on was a terrible decision and showed him up as having no plan b recently, at least. We had none of the ball so why throw on players who wouldn't get the ball? He needed to replace Jedinak with someone who had more energy and who could pick a forward pass. 

Â