Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

We react to games so poorly now. Losing too many 50/50s and the midfield. What's with throwing on all the strikers? This needs fixing immediately.

Reminds me of the Bradford semi final a few years ago, when we ended up with 5/6 strikers on, but with no better chance of scoring 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

There's no denying that throwing the strikers on was a terrible decision and showed him up as having no plan b recently, at least. We had none of the ball so why throw on players who wouldn't get the ball? He needed to replace Jedinak with someone who had more energy and who could pick a forward pass. 

Not for the first time either - bizarre tactics .

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, I didn't think we'd make the playoffs this year and I think he's done okay. We've looked good at times although our style of play is a big weakness. I can understand those who would want rid but I don't agree at the moment.

More pointedly, if we don't go up, I don't think we could afford to sack and replace him, we're going to need every single penny to try to give ourselves a squad capable of being competitive.

Well, I expected him to get us promoted last season, as did Xia. And I certainly expected him to get us promoted this season, which he may well do.

If we are in the championship next season, and I was not even contemplating that a month ago, we will need a manager with an entirely different skillset to Bruce. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, I expected him to get us promoted last season, as did Xia. And I certainly expected him to get us promoted this season, which he may well do.

If we are in the championship next season, and I was not even contemplating that a month ago, we will need a manager with an entirely different skillset to Bruce. 

I think Bruce knows he is gone if we fail to get promotion . 

We proved after the Wolves game, we can compete with the best....that means the players and the manager can get it right.

The mystery since then is......how do you go from that to the last 3 games?

We have done the same as Derby.....but how many fans would have swapped managers after the defeat at Derby?

fast forward to today....

I am always nervous when teams, aside from their ability, want to get about us, close down the space and go in to duels aggressively.....it seems to negate any bit of extra ability we have, we sadly allow ourselves to be outfought far too easily and our extra perceived skill gets negated.

....but it doesn't compute to me that Steve Bruce team is not competitive in close quarters, but thats what i see, they lose too many duels for me.

not trying to be smart, but the first 5 minutes........I could have recited the rest of the game.....and it would have panned out the way it did.....they just strolled as opposed to flying out of the blocks.....its set the tone, we could not change our mentality.

The body language was not right from the off.....folk can blame who they like.

I don't think its tactics or formations.....any sub could have come on and there would have been no change.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, jim said:

I don’t think it is much of a mystery tbh. We have had far more poor performances like the last 3 games than we have like against Wolves.

That performance was the exception rather than the rule, this has been our biggest problem all season.

Fair point jim

• Like 1

I want Bruce gone regardless of what happens in the playoffs. 100000000% not the man to take us forward. If we somehow go up he'd be out of his depth, if we didn't he aint the man to carry out the inevitable rebuild that'd happen in the summer. Totally sick of this anti football shite, WTF has happened since the Wolves performance?? We've gone back to the pre christmas performances again, the team looks totally clueless and devoid of ideas. And he did the throwing on all the strikers shite again, did he learn nothing from Bolton? Like a kid on football manager ffs

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

How come Cardiff are so consistent, how come Fulham over the last 20 games are more consistent than us?

I don't think Bruce did anything different for the last 3 games than he did for Wolves. He just sends the team out to play football and the trouble is that when we don't play like we did against Wolves he has zero idea how to change it for the better..........

I think Cardiff are physically adept and I think Fulham have exceptionally talent players in Mitrovic, Sessegnon and Cairney.....I don't really study them enough to know intimately.

but. ....I do know Warnock has had a mixed career, but he is driver.....Jokanovic had a moderate start with Fulham, but they have found consistency, where we have not.

If I could sum it up quickly and superficially......as teams they resist getting taken out by hard working industrious teams with less ability....in short they compete physically better than us.

We don't.....we find it much harder to apply our superior skills, when we meet such teams.

hence they find consistency easier than we.

fundamentally thats what I believe.

ps I think Onomah had been a big disappointment for Bruce, i think he was hoping to negate some of my stated fears....but it hasn't worked out.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

Another manager with the resources he's had would be have us in a better position. 

You don't know that at all. You could quite easily say another manager would have us below 4th. His task is to get us up, I still think we will do it. 

4 hours ago, jim said:

I don’t think it is much of a mystery tbh. We have had far more poor performances like the last 3 games than we have like against Wolves.

That performance was the exception rather than the rule, this has been our biggest problem all season.

It is very very hard to argue with that.

3 hours ago, jim said:

Bruce: "The more forward players we threw on, the worse we became."....
It's not like that worked really well in the previous 2 games Steve. Just shows how clueless this man is! 

Please tell me he didn’t say that ?

Every single person - EVERY one - was saying, when Kodak was coming on, “Please don’t do the ‘play all the forwards’ plan again “.

Im afraid that if he did say that, it’s rank incompetence,

Â